Warren Dawes

Premium
"Front & Rear”
Mon 9th & Tues 10th April 2012
PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2012 (UPDATE 03) IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT
Two Rallys in one - FWD or RWD - Your Choice
Front-and-Rear.jpg
Banner by Damien Jones​

Sessions: RD Front & Rear EUX / RD Front & Rear EU / RD Front & Rear USX / RD Front & Rear US / RD Front & Rear OC

NOTE: We may include additional timezone Rallys if requested.

PLEASE NOTE: If you request an additional Session to be created, you must sign up and make the request at least 24 hours before the requested start time. Late requests will not be accepted.
Requests for additional Sessions which are one hour (or less) from other Sessions may not be granted, depending on the total number of Sessions set ( due to Server restrictions and Staff availability).

Car Pack: N2_2 & Group H (You must choose either the Peugeot 205 GTi or the BMW E36 325i from these car packs. ) **

Damage: Realistic

SS01 - Australia - Mineshaft II -- Normal, Good conditions, Daylight
SS02 - World stages -- Rally Poland R -- Normal, Light Fog, Daylight
SS03 - France -- Joux Verte -- Normal, Good conditions, Daylight
SS04 - France -- Joux Plane -- Monte-Carlo mod, Good conditions, Daylight
SS05 - Japan -- Noiker -- Normal, Good conditions, Daylight
SS06 - Japan -- Pirka Minoko -- Normal, Bad conditions, Dusk
SS07 - England -- Shepherds Shield -- Normal, Good conditions, Daylight
SS08 - England -- Sweet Lamb -- Normal, Good conditions, Daylight

EUX Start: 16:00 GMT Monday * (DST in operation)
Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday * (DST in operation)
USX Start: 00:00 GMT Tuesday (8PM Eastern, Monday) * (DST in operation)
US Start: 02:00 GMT Tuesday (10:00PM Eastern, 8:00PM Mountain , Monday) * (DST in operation)
Oceania Start: 10:30 GMT Tuesday (8:30PM Tuesday EST) * (DST NOT in operation)

Additional timezone Rallys may be created on request.

If the USA Session drivers prefer a different Start time, please let us know, we can be flexible to suit.

EUX, EU, USX, US and OC Sessions will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. If no one signs up for a listed Session, it will not be created on the Server.
All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password! (PLEASE NOTE THIS POST REGARDING THIS RALLY'S PASSWORD)
  • You will require the RSRBR 2012 Mod & Update 03, in order to participate, please see the Installation and Usage thread.
  • You will also require the N2_2 and the Group H car packs.
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2012 Name) - Session
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here

Drivers:

NOTE: Drivers must nominate on sign-up whether they will drive the FWD Peugeot 205 GTi or the RWD BMW E36 325I

We will have separate results for each Class, but we'd like to see a balanced field.

FWD - Peugeot 205 Gti (Car Pack N2_2)
  1. Jack Hintz (StealthSCG) - OC
  2. Andrew Koojo (andyone) - EUX
  3. Gareth Hickling (AzzKiKr1979) - EUX
  4. Senad Subasic (mfodor) - OC
  5. Sion Williams (RS Williams) - EU
  6. Corey Twyman (theFlash) - US
  7. Martin Matus (matuma) - EU
  8. Graham Bridgett (Graham555) - EUX
  9. Teemu Toikka (tesnaukki) - EUX
  10. Roy Magnes (Roy Magnes) - EUX
  11. Rick Bamford (lucifer) - OC
  12. Magnus Lindgren (magnuslindgren) - EU
  13. Daniel Monteiro (Daniel Monteiro) - EUX
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
RWD BMW E36 325i (Car Pack Group H)
  1. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - OC
  2. Viesturs Priede (Viesturs) - EUX
  3. Tapio Rinneaho (TTupsi) - OC
  4. Erik Tveit (Erik Tveit) - EU
  5. Tomas Reinicke (ctbr) - EU
  6. Alasdair Beck (boybeck) - EUX
  7. Andrew Fearby (fearrari) - OC
  8. Joakim Skalstad (Joakim Skalstad) - EU
  9. Fernando Agapito (Fernando A.) - EUX
  10. Florin Palade (Mexer) - EU
  11. Dubravko Sparovec (Dudo S.) - EU
  12. Andris Laskins (Andris) - EU
  13. Ole Marius Myrvold (Myrvold) - USX
  14. Keegan Buckley (kbuckley) - OC
  15. Driver
  16. Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

This week we have something different, designed by Andrew Fearby. We have two Rallys in one, with a choice of FWD or RWD, choose your preference. Results will be separated for both Classes.

These cars are very different, as expected. We opted to run each class separately because their relative performances are not equal, the Peugeot will be considerably faster on most Stages and easiest to drive. The BMW will be much more lively and fun to drive, but should yield slower times. The BMW will have that added "fun" factor for those who enjoy the RWD experience.

The Stages are mainly tarmac and gravel. They have been varied to try to balance the strengths and weaknesses of both cars.

We will use REALISTIC damage which will add more challenge.

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES:

1. These cars are very different, with totally opposite handling characteristics. The Peugeot is typical FWD and quite stable, the BMW is typical RWD and may prove a handful to the inexperienced drivers. However, this BMW seems more stable to drive than most of the other RWD cars we have used.

2. RBR Pacenotes are designed for default cars, Normal conditions and Good weather. Please remember to adjust your speeds to suit these cars.

3. Tyre selections are the drivers responsibility. If you use the automatic tyre selection option in RSRBR2011, please beware that sometimes it may give you the wrong tyre for the conditions. Always double check your tyres, it is critical, especially when changing to Snow Stages.

If requests are made for any additional timezones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

Many thanks to Andrew for designing this Rally, and to Damien for the great Banner.

Good luck all, choose your weapon, FWD or RWD.

Here are a couple of video's to help introduce these cars:

The Peugeot

And the BMW (I know it's not exactly the same one but close enough)

I'll take the Pug, considering the tracks, I'll never get the BMW round Joux Verte in one piece, those hairpins are evil in RWD cars :p

Actually, the Beemer is easy there.;)

You had me worried, so I just gave it a quick squirt at Joux Verte with basically default setup. The hairpins were no trouble at all, don't even have to worry about getting handbrake turns right. Just drop it to 1st, and drive it around and back to 2nd again. If anything, the rear has too much grip, so with some setup adjustment, I suspect it can be made to slide a little around the hairpins.

Here is a replay of my test run (no practice), maybe it gives you some idea. You should at least give it a try. :p

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52407178/WAD BMW E36 Joux Verte dry.rar

Of course, some of the other Stages may be a lot more tricky in the BMW. :rolleyes:

I'll have a quick shortly and let you know low i get on. I just trying to do hairpins in RWD cars a pain with no handrake lol.

Edit: bJust had a play, BMW handles quite well on JV, but was aggravating on Poland R. I'll take the Pug anyway, cause no doubt all the quick drivers will run BMW and the Pug will provide some really close competition for me (no doubt I'll fail though :p )
also, sweet lamb is crashing RSCenter >_>

Ross McGregor - ross32 - OC

I used to own an e36 BMW 325i M-sport, and apart from sounding sweet as a nut and going like stink, it did tend to be rather oversteery. (a lot of fun in the snow however!) These cars are great to drift in real-life, but the enjoyment subsides slightly when it wasn't your intention to make the car go sideways... ;)

Yes, i'll be choosing the Beemer by the way!

IMG_3062.jpg

Edit: If anyone can make this skin i'd be most grateful! Should be easy enough but i don't know how to get the metallic blue effect. ('Mauritius Blue')

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 411 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 279 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 275 11.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 321 12.8%