Rally - French Seasons - Wed March 24, 2010

Not a huge turnout.....is the Rally still on for tomorrow night?

Yep pretty disappointing to say the least.
However, I have set up the Server anyway so that Mark, and hopefully Mark, can get some experience. I have set a Oceania one for us too Damien, in case you want some Rallying.
I haven't set a USA one yet, waiting to see if anyone still wants it.

I would just love to compete against 1 person :p lol, still havnt managed to fix my issue with the registration. I will try again tonight before I go out and let you know.

Mark, as a last resort, you could post your problem in the Rallyesim forum, the Admin guys are quick at sorting out these types of registration problems for people. Even though it looks like a French language forum, they will respond to English requests.
I have seen them get people registered manually quite quickly.
The forum is here:
http://forum.rallyesim.fr/index.php

Mark, as a last resort, you could post your problem in the Rallyesim forum, the Admin guys are quick at sorting out these types of registration problems for people. Even though it looks like a French language forum, they will respond to English requests.
I have seen them get people registered manually quite quickly.
The forum is here:
http://forum.rallyesim.fr/index.php

Thanks for your help. I told you I always have troubles with installing stuff onto games!!! haha

Thanks to Andrew and Damien for joining, we ended up having a lot of fun with this one. These cars were very nice to drive, and surprisingly quicker than expected too, but nicely balanced to drive. The two Monte Carlo Stages at the end added some "interest", bordering on demonic in the final blizzard. :eek:

Thanks guys for the TS fun too.

I finallly got my game sorted out :) and after figuring out how the slightly odd server menus worked I was on my way!! I have some distractions on the first stage with people walking in and out of my room half way through which led to a heavy crash into a barrier at a right hand hairpin :( the car left pretty damaged after that!

I had about 2 other pretty bad stages and one total disaster where I had to retire. I overpowered the car coming out of a hairpin and spun the car very slowly onto the bank and then tapped a tree and it killed my gearbox whilst in neutral :( so that was the end of that haha

I also did the gearbox in after a heavy roll after cutting too much at high speed in 4th but luckily I was able to carry in the rest of the stage using 4th gear only! The car was a wreck but some how it got me to the end :)

The last stage was mayhem, it felt like I had no rubber just driving on rims!!

thanks for setting this up, it's greatly appreciated. You can count me in as a regular now after What I thought was a pretty good night with some noobie errors on my part but that's bound to happen on my first attempt.

Oh btw how do you tell at the end of each stage what place your in cos the timings at the bottom looked totally screwed up. Or is that just normal?

Thanks again and see you at the next event :)

Thanks Mark, nice report. That is a pretty typical start for most of us in this rally sim, it does take some time to get settled, but you quickly learn that the secret is to keep car control and not push beyond the limit (for us mortals anyway). We all have these types of adventures, I had some shockers when I first started, but it all adds to the fun if you don't take it too seriously.
It certainly gives respect to the real WRC Rally Drivers though, guys like Loeb, McRae, Burns etc, just amazing skill.

Re the results / timings stuff, when you finish each stage and return to the main RSCenter, you should see times for each driver for that stage. You can look up the progressive overall times by clicking a specific icon, but they are small buggers and not always obvious, so I'll post a few screenies to locate them, and I'll put it in the RBR Forum with my other tutorials etc.

Glad you had fun and hope to see you regularly.

I'll post the full stage times and overall results for all drivers here soon, give me a few hours to get it all collected and sorted.

I had immense fun as well...

I tried to be nice and calm and smooth like in my practice runs, but nice and smooth and clalm still seemed to put me in trees lol. I also seemed to stall the car (a lot) and am going to blame being knackered rofl. I had some really good stages going and then slipped off the road and into the wilderness.

Like Mark - I found that running some of the stages was mental (where's the grip :D), but I am sure that I am also hooked and will just need to start getting a feel for the different surfaces and tyres.

I then messed up hugely (blaiming fatige again) and reconnected to the rally three times (I thought I was having PC troubles and didn't realise I had actually run all the stages). So - you may find that I entered SS10 3-4 times (how embarrassing). I kept thinking "this looks familiar..."

Thanks for setting this up. Can't waiit until the next event (hoping it is all dry :D).

I agree with your comment on the pros like Leob etc they have immense skill!!

Just a bit of info I had my claim to fame with burns cos my uncle and a few others pit in a grand or so to buy Richards first rally car. I met him a couple of time but pretty breifly. My uncle got to go to tests every now and then and sit with burns through some stages.

Thanks again Warren, and you def see me there next time :)

Just a bit of info I had my claim to fame with burns cos my uncle and a few others pit in a grand or so to buy Richards first rally car. I met him a couple of time but pretty breifly. My uncle got to go to tests every now and then and sit with burns through some stages.

Very interesting Mark, thanks for sharing. That must make it a little more special for you listening to Richard Burns in the Rally School. Such a sad loss to Motor Racing, especially being so young.

Final Results

For a better view, see the attached image below.

We finally managed to break the winning streak of our gravel star, Damien, but to be fair, he did suffer from missing the first stage due to a game setting error. I must admit, I had a little more practice this time while testing the car set, I loved these cars so much, I spent some time driving all of them, more than normal.
Extremely close between Robb and Tomas for second and third, both very consistent.
Great to have Mark J and Mark W join us too, you both had a good debut, some really good times there, just need to eliminate the crashes (which is easier said than done). Look out for both guys when they get a little more experience under their belt.

Stage wins were reasonably spread, and many Stages were quite close. I managed more stage wins than usual (6), Robb had 2, and Damien and Mark J picked up a win each. Well done Mark in your first Rally (especially in the difficult Stage 7 ).

Not too much red ink this Rally, although Andrew collected more than his share, but I happen to know he may have been driving a little DUI after a celebratory drink or two :wink: . Maybe he needed some Russian pacenotes to go with the Lada. :biggrin:

This Rally turned out to be a little more demanding than I anticipated, especially as the weather deteriorated. I hope you all had fun though.
Thanks to all of you who joined, it would be great to get a few more but I appreciate the loyal support to keep the RBR Club alive.

Thoughts about the next Rally:

After the event, Damien and I discussed the S2000 cars and we both loved them, and thought they could be even better in a more open gravel Rally. So maybe we could stick with these cars again for the next one, and maybe run them around the Australian Outback??

I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions for the next Rally, (eg. easier weather), PLEASE. I have opened a thread for feedback in the Richard Burns Rally Forum here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/richard-burns-rally/31787-suggestions-for-future-rally-events.html

Attachments

• RD French Seasons Results.JPG
    RD French Seasons Results.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 207

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%