Rally Finland Sno-Job Mon 17th & Tues 18th May 2010

Damn, I just realized that the timeslot collides with WTM@Suzuka on Monday. Is there any way to do something about this fact? (I'd hate to play the "it wouldn't happen with the Czech plugin card ;)). I probably will be able to make it home @11GMT Tuesday. And there is a nice group participating :/. Maybe an addendum slot on Tuesday, 18 or 19 GMT? Am I asking for too much? :)

Decisions, decisions...

Do I run the Ford (which one of my students has informed me stands for, 'Found On Rubbish Dump'), or the Citreon...

...or the Suby or the Evo????

G'on, wreck another Ford Cam, you are getting quite handy at destroying them.

I'm going to plough the "blue" car through the fluffy stuff this Rally. :tongue:

I wanted to drive the Subaru, but the steering sensitivity was horrifyingly high for some reason. In other cars, it was okay.

I found the sensitivity settings in the game just now, not a very logical place to put them, but okay. So I'm probably gonna bring shame to the Subaru today.

That was fun :). Not sure how this works, should I wait for Oceania and USA to finish before posting, or?

I was actually quite fast on some stages. And could've been the fastest of the people in the EU rally, but I failed badly twice.
First on stage one, in the first couple of turns, I did something to the car, no idea what. No power at all. Near the end, I got the water temperature warning. Lost a lot of time there...
But then I started to recover, posted some fastest times (of the people there), but then a catastrophe on stage 4. Middle of the stage, hairpin left, I messed it up a bit. Started driving again, and got the wrong way message, even though I was going in the right direction :confused:. Tried to turn around, go the other way, again wrong way message. Eventually, stopped and did the call for help thing, which put me right back where I was the first time! Anyway, lost over a minute just on that stage...

Loved the last gravel stage, nice and flowing, epic fun :)

Quite happy overall, considering the fact that I never saw most of the stages before tonight :). Thank you Warren, can't wait for the next one :rally:

I made a movie from my test run when planning this Rally for Racedepartment, but it has taken me until now to figure out how to make and post the movie. Please excuse the Video quality, it's my first attempt, but it should give an idea of how i drive in the snow.

Maybe some will find it useful.

Great race, lots of fun, maybe sometime to much slide put me in the snow. Great fight with Senad, some stages, the times are allmost the same, on two of them I needed the help to be put again on wheels. Subaru WRC'09 to quick for me:wink:.

Nice driving there.

I recorded my first snow experience the other day, twas much worse, hit a couple of things :D

EDIT: agreed Robb, was great fun. I feared it might not be as interesting, as you're alone on the track, but I was wrong. Finish the stage, get back to the application, and maniacally refresh the page, cross fingers, and hope the others come in slower than you :D.

The Subaru was a joy to drive, after the sensitivity adjustments. Now I just have to see how far off the pace I am.
Oceania started half an hour ago, good luck chaps, have fun!

Wow, that was a truely great night of Rallying. 5 drivers in the Oceania zone, all of us running stage times that were very close indeed, it just depended on who coiuld keep it together and not make mistakes. We were all sharing Stage wins within our group, very competitive and tense. I have never concentrated so hard and was totally spent by the end, which is when I made my mistakes.
Great racing guys, lots of fun. Special thanks to Cam and Damien for the TS chat, we always have some fun chatting. It would be great to have the other drivers on TS too, if you want to join in, John and Rick.

I really loved the snow driving, probably my favourite surface, gently controlling the sliding turns with the accelerator and brake in left foot braking manner. When you get in a rhythm it works so well, but as soon as you get out of synch it is hard to get back again.

Thanks again to all of the guys in the Oceania Rally. :cool:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 311 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years