Rally - Fernando's Rally Challenge 3 - Monday 24th & Tuesday 25th September 2012

I'd like to have a go at this please, I haven't tried online yet, but I'm sure I can bumble my way through it.

Robert McCracken - yokelhama - OC

A quick question though - If I wreck my car on a stage, what should I do and what happens to the times?

I'd like to have a go at this please, I haven't tried online yet, but I'm sure I can bumble my way through it.

Rob, if you want to have a test run on-line, you can set up your own on-line Session to get a feel for what happens. Just follow this Tutorial:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...-on-line-how-to-set-up-a-rally-on-line.12983/

Alternatively, Senad or I can set up a test Session for you with a few stages, just let us know.

Michael has correctly explained what happens if you wreck the car on a Stage. We are using a setting (for Club Rallys) that gives you a brand new car for the next Session if you destroy it. Of course, you will get a penalty time for the DNF. When (if) you wreck the car, just hit "Esc" and select retire, it will drop you back to RSCenter.
Even you make it to the end of a Stage with a damaged car, you will get a fully repaired car for the next Stage.

RDRC Rallys are different though, damage is carried over to the next Service point.

At the finish!
My driving was horrible. Car was quite good to drive and stages were brilliant, but so many mistakes...:(
I had two times CFH (at bribram and other was at mustaselkä). There was couple of spins too,so no podium in this time.
Good luck to everyone else,route was challenging enough.

That has to be the worst car Ive been driving ever... Just had a small practice to see is it really so easy to roll it.. Had a run on the Pribam.. I just stopped somewhere between 2nd split and I couldnt start driving again, the wheels were spinning but all the movement was the cars front moving a bit up and down, like the rear wheels would dig a hole there.. Sick.. Not sure If I`ll do this at all.

That has to be the worst car Ive been driving ever... Just had a small practice to see is it really so easy to roll it.. Had a run on the Pribam.. I just stopped somewhere between 2nd split and I couldnt start driving again, the wheels were spinning but all the movement was the cars front moving a bit up and down, like the rear wheels would dig a hole there.. Sick.. Not sure If I`ll do this at all.
Yes, see the video on the first page.

Solution: stay on the road :D

Really struggled with the H-Shifter :roflmao:, specially on very narrow twisty stages. It's kinda tricky to shift while steering with the left hand, I was not used to it so on the very first stage I went off the road and had to call for help, after that I just drove very carefully, damn I felt like a beginner :rolleyes: but for a change it was nice to slow down a bit and have fun with the car :D.

Good Luck to everyone who still have to drive, and like Senad said, stay on the road!

After all I decided to join the rally, didnt had a test run on the Swiss stage because I thought that I wont have any interest to do this until then anyways. But after all I enjoyed it, I was in first possition after first 2 stages, even though Sion and Fernando was there. I was more than suprised to see that. I think I was in front of Fernando even after SS4 but then I started to make mistakes, SS5 was extremely slippery, I didnt do any huge mistakes, I was just going too wide all the time and lost more than 20s to Fernando which put him in the lead. I started Sikakama II very well, I liked it, I felt quick, safe and after all - i enjoyed the ride but.. 1.2km before finish line I had a huge off-road.. I knew if Im going to stop there - I wont get out without calling for help so I tried to keep going and aiming for track.. unfortunately a tree stopped me, Lucky that I didnt retire there, had to call for help and there was gone my hopes for first place. Got really pissed and made few more other mistakes till the finish line (Got even more pissed after I saw that I`ve been about only 1s behind Fernando after split 2). SS7 went OK, I know I was driving too slow, just wanted to keep the possibility to catch Sion. Before last stage I was only 3.61s behind Sion but then I realized.. I havent done that stage ever.. I have no idea about it.. Well, I understood that my only hope to pass Sion was to go slowly but to finish the stage without any mistakes. So I started it, first 2 splits were really frightening.. Had huge oversteer and all those jumps & stuff.. + the pacentoes were just awful.. But it went OK.. until 1.2km before the finish (magic number for me today).. Had my first spin which made me crash and I also gut stuck.. After that I realized that there is no chance for me to come in front of Sion so I just didnt care really. Had another 3 spins which all ended up into crashing somewhere and I always got stuck.. so 4 spins in 1.2km .. its like one spin every 300 meters, thats some skills.. When I finished the stage I was so pissed... arrgh.. but when I looked at the split times.. :mad: ... After 2nd split I was less than 2s behind Fernando which I believe had done that stage at least once :p And also in front of Sion which was priority number 1.. And I had to screw it all up at 3rd split.. Of course I screwed up at Sikakama already but... Well, another rally to forget, I think I might be around 6th in the rally.

After all, it was really fun to drive this car. It is sh*t but it is also fun.. in some ways.. Thanks to all you guys who made this happen. See you at Hokkaido! :)

Well I for one found that quite enjoyable! Having done a few runs previously to see how the car handled was a big advantage I would say and meant I was quickest in session on SS1! Even though it was 10 sec ond a time i had done about 20 mins earlier!

So here's how my event went:
SS1 - Fastest in session which included Fernando! Don't think I'll see that again! From the time I think he had either a CFH or spin.
SS2 - Went well only 1 spin in the barrel chicane where I thought I was well wide enough but still clipped the last barrel!
SS3 - Went pretty well enjoy that stage nice and flowing! Almost rolled but held it but went a bit wide lost a few seconds.
SS4 - Went OK again managed it all without drama bar a wierd bounce which stopped the car!
SS5 - Found it very slippery meaning lock to lock all the way! Lost 30ish sec. to Fernando on that one.
SS6 - Fast flowing stage, mostly spend in 2nd gear! Not a fan of the really fast stuff so lost another 20 sec. to Fernando.
SS7 - Was pretty chuffed first time I finished the stage without incident and a decent time!
SS8 - was going ok, 2nd gear and just driving it when at a Hairpin right the nav shouted hairpin right! so just about hit the barrier and was able to reverse out without CFH and finished again without incident surprisingly!

Also enjoyed the battle with Viesturs all the way through, was only about 3-4 sec between us going into the last stage where he unfortunately lost a bit of time! But great battles along the way!

Very happy about another DNF and CFH free rally! Getting better at the now!

Thanks to all the organisers and Fernando for the idea, awesome car and loved the noise!

Thanks
Sion

Pretty average rally for me. Had one DNF where I couldn't get the car going again on the road :/. Quite a few CFHs as well, in fact I only had 2 stages without CFH - both the English ones.

Still, trying to take away things to learn, I think I need to do a few warm-up stages before starting events, and I also need to focus on staying focussed, in particular to the pacenotes, got caught out on Finland not paying attention.

Still, I had fun :p

The first stage was great fun! Higher rotation, H-shifter, slow, some mis-shifts, but great fun.

However, all got ruined on Pribram. Went off in that bumpy bit before the second loop (which wasn't enjoyable at all on its own anyway), and then couldn't start moving again. Tried on my own, tried several calls for help, but nothing, the car wouldn't move.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%