Rally-Dry Gravel Mix - Mon 31st May & Tues 1st June 2010

Warren Dawes

Premium
RD Rally - Dry Gravel Mix

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2010 UPDATE 04 IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

Mix of tracks & All dry gravel surfaces - WRC 05 Cars - Ford Focus; Citroen Xsara; Subaru Impreza; Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 9; Peugeot 307; Skoda Fabia

gravel-mix.jpg

Sessions: RD Gravel Mix EU / RD Gravel Mix US / RD Gravel Mix OC / RD Gravel Mix US X

NOTE: We may include additional timezone Rallys if requested.

Car Pack: A8W-05 (Must select Car choice on sign-up) **

Damage: Reduced

Stage 01: England - Rally School [Normal, Good, Day]
Stage 02: Finland - Autiovaara [Gravel, Good, Day]
Stage 03: Finland - Kaihuavaara [Gravel, Good, Day]
Stage 04: Finland - Sikikama [Gravel, Good, Day]
Stage 05: France - Joux Verte [Gravel, Good, Day]
Stage 06: France - Cote D’Arbroz [Gravel, Good, Day]
Stage 07: Japan - Sipirkakim [Normal, Good, Day]
Stage 08: Japan - Tanner [Normal, Good, Day]

Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 02:00 GMT Tuesday (10:00pm EDST (USA) Monday )*
Oceania Start: 10:30 GMT Tuesday *
US X Start: 23.00 GMT Monday

NOTE: The Europe Rally will start 19.00 GMT to allow for daylight savings times. The Oceania Rally will start 8.30PM AEST.

** PLEASE NOTE: To help ensure a more mixed car selection, please select a car from the available list in the Sign-Up post (below). Initially only two of each car will be available, so first in best dressed. All cars are closely matched in performance.

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2010 (updates 03 and 04) mod in order to participate, please see the
    installation
    and usage threads.
  • You will also require the Car Pack for A8W-05.
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
  • Choose a car from A8W-05 Pack from the available list on sign-up.
IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2010 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines to help you get up and running: Here and Here

Drivers: Please select your car choice from the list available.

1. Ford Focus WRC 2005 - Łukasz Demolin (Maggot666PL) - Europe
2. Ford Focus WRC 2005 - Ryan Callan (Redhawk) - Oceania
3. Ford Focus WRC 2005 - John Low (elmomarty) - Oceania
4. Peugeot 307 WRC 2005 - Driver
5. Peugeot 307 WRC 2005 - Rick Bamford (Lucifer) - USA X
6. Peugeot 307 WRC 2005 - Driver
7. Subaru Impreza WRC 2005 - RobbKul (r27kul) - Europe
8. Subaru Impreza WRC 2005 - Tomas Reinicke (ctbr) - Europe
9. Subaru Impreza WRC 2005 - Steve Emmons(dratpons) - Europe
10. Skoda Fabia WRC 2005 - Damien Jones (DJones) -Oceania
11. Skoda Fabia WRC 2005 - Senad Subasic (mfodor) - Europe
12. Skoda Fabia WRC 2005 - Cam wedgwood (Wedge) - Oceania
13. Citroen Xsara WRC 2005 - Ant Collett (TBA) - Europe
14. Citroen Xsara WRC 2005 - Warren Dawes (WAD53) - Oceania
15. Citroen Xsara WRC 2005 - Driver
16. Mitsubishi Lancer WRC 05 - Mark A Warmington (Mark Warmington) - Europe
17. Mitsubishi Lancer WRC 05 – Driver
18. Mitsubishi Lancer WRC 05 - Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

This time we are introducing a few new twists, just to add to the fun (I hope). We stay with the big boys, but slightly older WRC cars (A8W-05), they are fast and a delight to drive but you will need a patient and smooth right foot.
As an added twist, you must select your car from the available list in the sign-up, so early sign-ups get a bigger choice of cars. Don't worry, all cars are closely matched in performance, but may have slightly different handling characteristics. The Stages are varied to help even out any handling variations too.

To ensure that I am impartial, I will choose my car from whatever cars are still available 24 hrs before the Event.

We will visit a mix of Countries, but all will be dry gravel conditions.
I have tried to incorporate some of the suggestions provided by our member after the last Rally.

Based on feedback from drivers, we have stayed with the changed Race Night for this one. Europe and USA will be Monday night, and Oceania will be Tuesday night. If this continues to be favourable, we will retain this for future Rallys.

Good luck all, and hope we see a good roll up. :rally:

A little video to help you see the car choices.

I'd like to participate, but I would need yet another Tuesday @19.00GMT slot, if it's possible again. WTM is held on Monday for the last time, so hopefully I won't be beggin' for it again :).

Didn't have any practice at all with neither of those cars, so sign me up for the Focus, let's stay faithful to the Blue Oval :).

Could I have an earlier US slot if possible please? At 2200GMT if no US guy signs up? :)

Ryan, for now, I'll plan on adding an additional USA slot for you at 22.00 GMT Monday, titled RD Gravel Mix US X.
This leaves the original USA slot still available for any US guys in case they want that one. If no USA guys sign-up, the USA X slot will remain available for you, or anyone else who may want to join you.

Guys,

Not sure if you are aware about setting up rallies, but they aren't single click things to get going. Each stage has to be put in with the weather and other variables placed in individually. Timezones have to be set and the all results are MANUALLY put into a spreadsheet.

I know Warren will do whatever he can to make people happy and to see the RBR club grow and be successful, but let's respect the hardwork that already goes into it and try to keep the extra requests to a minimum...

Unfortunately the times aren't good for me. Warren, I would need another spot either Sunday night or Wednesday Morning (Australian Time) to be able to compete.

Rick, I understand the frustrations with your shift work hours, and I'm happy to help within some boundaries. As I have said elsewhere, I will try to add additional Rally's but within the limits of having all Rallys within the two day timespan. Therefore, I can only offer Monday or Tuesday, is there a specific time within that range suitable?

Thanks very much for reminder Warren. Since there is no Subaru left :frown:, maybe someone will give up on one. I'll have to think about what car to choose, but I'm on for Europe time zone, RobbKul (r27kul).
I'll take the Skoda.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 325 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing