Rally-Dry Gravel Mix - Mon 31st May & Tues 1st June 2010

Oooh, trouble in the OC rally? Do I smell a top half finish? :o :D

BTW, thanks for all the replays so far. I realized two things:
• video editing is a slow process, even at noob levels
• I need a bigger monitor :D

Warren now inputs all of the results into an Excel spreadsheet MANUALLY and will put them up sometime today (06:49 am here so he has about 17 hours until today finishes! :wink: ). If there are any Excel gurus out there.... a way to convert the results from the server (html format) to an organised Excel format would be hugely appreciated, I am sure... It is a big task, especially with the large numbers that RBR is now attracting :signup: .

A great rally. I loved the gravel mod (in my opinion, the only mod worth using) but couldn't get comfy with these cars, which provided a great challenge! Was great to see five of us running in the OC leg with Glenn joining in and giving me some great motivation. I really don't think ANYONE will split us up in the final standings with a final time finding me lose to him by 0.01!!! Great stuff!

Would be great to hear some more voices on TS. Just a heads up, we DO NOT talk during driving and run two stages and then meet at the 'Service Park' to share experiences (excuses = :car: ) before we start the next two. :drink:

Thanks again Warren for the hard work, Much appreciated!

Final Results

RDGravelMix-Results.jpg

(For a better view, see the attached pic below. )

Congratulations to Damien for the overall win, he still reigns as our gravel king, but his title is under seige now.

Well done to Lukasz and Rick for the podium, and only 30 odd seconds separating the top three.

Stage wins were well spread, something I like to see:

3 wins to Rick :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
2 wins to Glenn :thumb: :thumb:
1 win to John :thumb:
1 win to Lukasz :thumb:
1 win to Damien :thumb:

Overall, a really great Rally, it is so pleasing to see 12 drivers, and looking closely at the Stages, everyone is in with a chance with many close times. Again, it is small mistakes (so easily made) that determine the results. Consistency is still the key, rather than outright speed. :wink:

I'd like to welcome Steve to our Rally Club, you had a very good debut, as we all know, this sim takes time to learn.
Big welcome back for Glenn too, hope you can stay with us.

Special thanks to Senad for managing the Europen Rally, and to Damien for the Posters, it's a big help. :thumb:

Thanks to all drivers who joined, I'm feeling confident that we have the basis for a successful Rally Club now.

Hope you all had fun, that is the main thing, and look forward to the next Rally. :rally:

Attachments

• RD Gravel Mix - Results.jpg
    RD Gravel Mix - Results.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 229
Not toooooo bad for my first outing, but I made fewer mistakes in practice. Bet I lost at least a minute to screw-ups... Probably feeling the pressure from all you "hot-shoes".:D

I have quite a bit of Excel experience, VBA, programming, etc. So if you need some help or would like me to see what I can do I would be happy to pitch in...

Great to see the results so early :). I can only blame myself for hitting the photographers and messing up the rally school. Or maybe I could've done without those few spins. I'm glad I was able to keep up with Warren and the rest of you guys, as early vids posted here raised some serious concerns about my pace in the Focus. Thankfully it was really Build Ford Tough and endured all the stages :).

Anyway - great rally, looking forward to more GRAVEL fun (please, avoid the tarmac, as we have enough tarmac racing around here IMHO ;)). Can I hope for some RWD goodness, maybe a Volvo 240 event sometime in the future? Would be great to test our skills, plus it's an absolute BLAST to slide around in this car on the gravel.

Thanks to anyone who participated, it was exciting to know that there is a bunch of competitors just waiting to pass if you crash out. And it was really motivating to go as fast and clean as possible ;).

EDIT: Yay, I was the fastest on Spirkkakim :D. That's nice. Congrats to Damien, I will do my best to try to catch you next time :).

I am so sorry to be the only one to miss the event - an emergency arose and I have pretty much only just got back home :(.

Once again, so sorry Warren - really wanted to race, was having much fun practicing, even if I was mega-slow.

These excuses sound so hollow.....

Skoda power!!

Wow, that was the closest event we've had in a long time, just brilliant. I thought I was going to be steamrollered this time around with some really fast times coming in last night but then I remembered to slow a little, settled into a nice rhythm and off I went. No major incidents this time around, a few close calls and the odd offroad excursion here and there but overall a good clean run. So good to see so many more drivers in the event; makes all Warren's hard work worthwhile. Thanks everyone and see you next time. :cool:

Thanks Warren for setting this one up, and I guess, more importantly, with this new format, refreshing the RBR club and getting people coming from everywhere!

Wedge gave me a nice little shove quite a few times to get back into it, and I bit the bullet this time.

Did a bit of practice to get my head back around the rally stuff, and even managed to convince Wedge that the Pug was crap, and that he should run the Skoda!

Couldn't get my head around the Finland gravel stages; they felt so slippery to me, almost like I was driving on brown ice. Nevermind though, had fun. Apart from Sipirkakim, which even back in the old days, I had trouble with. Just can't get my head around that one.

Congrats to the podium. Some awesome times there.

Yugo's on tarmac Warren. Do it!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 336 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years