Rally-Dry Gravel Mix - Mon 31st May & Tues 1st June 2010

Results are compiled manually, no idea what the Chrono thingy is.

As Senad has said, the Chrono setting is not essential for our results or on-line play.
I'm not totally sure myself what the full feature list is for Chrono, but it can keep a record of your personal stage times (I think for off-line and on-line Rallys), and can also be set to show your sector time in comparison to the leader (in on-line), or vs the best recorded time (off-line) while you are driving.

I have had mine set to having Chrono on or off at various times, so it is purely optional. I n ow have it on.

I'll try to find out more and post something when I understand it better, or maybe someone else can let us know.

BTW, Sipirkakim looks like something out of Fallout 3 or Mad Max when Gravel Mod is used instead of Normal Mod. The first time I ran the stage I didn't realize I needed to change the mod setting. :)

This should be fun.:D

thanks for the swap to the ford. i have to tell the truth tho. the citroen guys were actually sick of me bringing them broken cars after each and every run and refused to fix any more of my cars

:D , John. I did approach Citroen for a test drive last night, and they were most reluctant to provide a car, something about some other Aussie wrecking them. :eek:

They finally found one they had rebuilt / repaired and repainted and let me take it for a spin.

I must say that these France Stages with the gravel mod are a real hoot to drive, lots of fun, but the handbrake sure gets a workout. :rally:

Just took the Focus for a quick spin around the Joux Verte and even after quick geometry fix, which game better control, I still loose some serious amounts of time to Warren in the vid. Apart from avoiding mistakes I've got to curb my tendency to powerslide on all four wheels :D.

Could anyone, everyone preferably :), please save and upload your replays here after the rally? For the rally school stage only if you want.
I'd like to try to make a compilation of all drivers on one stage after the rally, should be interesting to see and compare.

Yeah, I have some serious handbrake work to do. I currently have it mapped to a button on my wheel, but might try using the G25 shifter to see if it helps my timing.

Steve, I use the G25 shifter in sequential and use the pullback setting for the handbrake. It feels pretty realistic to me.
I use the paddles for gear change, which is also common with Rally Cars.

The Server has now been set for the Rallys in each timezone.

PLEASE NOTE:

1. For the US X Rally, I had to set the start time to 22.05 GMT, the server wouldn't let me choose 22.00 GMT which was midnight Server time. So you guys will start 5 mins later.

2. Senad has set up the EU Rally, so don't be concerned about the different username assigned to that one.

Hope you all have fun. :cool:

Just thought I'd share the first time I ever managed to keep it all pointly roughly in the right direction for a whole stage, after about 200 tries :D (Using steering wheel for first time)

I am going to stick to my guns and do zero practice :D. Even though I am tempted as hell to get behind the wheel before tomorrow. Maybe I will relent, maybe I won't :D.

My best finish to date was with zero prep lol.

If I relent - if, I will maybe run the car on the shakedown stage of the rally school, but still stay away from the event stages. :D. I'm so excited. He-he.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 103 13.9%