Rally - Christmas Mix 2011- Mon 19th & Tues 20th December 2011

aaah you i missed my EU session. my rbr went haywire. telling my that my rbr is not valid and was not starting 13 minutes before. i have to re install v 2011 damn. that was tight.

i could only get update 1 2 and 6 installed and game is playing ok. is it ok if i use up to update 6. so i can do the EU

As always when Super-Seb is here, the goal is a second place! :D

SS1: Two stops and a call for help. No chance for a second place on this rally...

SS2: Did no mistakes, but it was a slow slow stage. I guess the fact that this is the first time I seriously try to drive a MC-mod stage played a part! :)

SS3: Well, it went as perfect as it could, but still no top 2 on the stage.

SS4: Hate is a strong word, but I do hate Japan-stages, and with snowmod and FWD... well, it was close to impossible! :p

SS5: Look at "SS4"

SS6: Retired, so, that was it, sadly!

I don't know how are the other cars, but the 206 with the default setup is not made for the bump. You have to battle with your wheel to get the car on the track.

First 4 stages wants well, I made nice times.
Stage 5, I made a little mistake and get out of the track, not a big mistake but several seconds lost.
Stage 6, I thought I made a good time, except the 360° at the end of the climb when the car jumb on the hole. But pleasantly surprise by the very good time of Fernando Agapito followed by Andrew Koojo. Good job guys !
Stage 7, I saw at the split 1 that I was late, but I reduced the gap with Fernando Agapito. After that Jeff Brown made a good time to. Great one !
Stage 8, drove clean and secured.

Nice event before Christmas.

Only ever raced a few snow stages, and never a MC one I wasn't expecting much. I practiced them a few times, but felt very slow on snow.

SS1: Hit tree and then flipped 9 or 10 times down a hill, landed on road and right side up, but drove down side of mountain trying to turn around, had to CFH and watch any chance of winning die.

SS2: These stages are impossible, managed to stay on the road with alot of help from guard rails, lost alot of time.

SS3: I loved this stage when we raced it with gravel mod, and I like it nearly as much with snow. Finished 2nd to Seb which is as good as I could hope to do.

SS4: Was going well until I got a wheel in a rut and the car jerked off the road into one of those damn rivers. Had to CFH

SS5: I beat seb, by less than a second, but still I beat him.

SS6: Was so excited about beating seb I messed up one of the first corners, hit a tree, and had to drive rest of stage with messed up wheel.

SS7: Uneventful run, beat Seb again by 1.75 seconds.

SS8: Uneventful stage.

Ended up 4th or 5th overall, to bad I made mistakes in the beginning because I did so well on the rest of the stages.

Picked a car with trying it and never really got the hang of it, especially on the snow stages. Plenty of small spins, a few calls for help and another game minimization on SS7 just to kick me when I'm down. :(
Works like a charm:

Window mode
Richard Burns Rally doesn't allow alt+tabbing, so if any window pops up from the background, the game will be minimized to desktop, and you won't be able to go back.
The solution is to switch the game to window mode. Provided you have the FixUp plugin installed, simply edit these two lines:

In RichardBurnsRally.ini:
Fullscreen=false

In FixUp.ini:
fullscreenWindow=1

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rbr-rsrbr-faq-please-read-before-posting.16392/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back