Rally - Carlos Sainz Tribute - Mon 19th & Tues 20th July 2010

Warren Dawes

Premium
RD Rally - Carlos Sainz Tribute

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2010 UPDATE 04 IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

Note: Update 05 may be released before this Rally. UPDATE 05 Released Mon 19th July. Please update.

A varied selection of Countries and Surfaces, driving the Toyota Celica ST205 (A8_2 Car Pack)

CarlosSainzBanner.jpg

Sessions: RD Carlos Sainz EU / RD Carlos Sainz US / RD Carlos Sainz OC

NOTE: We may include additional timezone Rallys if requested.

Car Pack: A8_2 (All Drivers must select the Toyota Celica ST205) **

Damage: Reduced

Stage 01: France - Bisanne (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 02: France – Joux Plane (Normal, Light Fog, Day)
Stage 03: Australia - Greenhills (Normal, Cloudy, Day)
Stage 04: England - Falstone (Normal, Med Fog, Day)
Stage 05: Japan - Sipirkakim (Normal, Cloudy, Day)
Stage 06: Japan – Pirka Minoko II (Normal, Bad, Day)
Stage 07: Finland - Sikikama (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 08: France – Cote D’Arbroz (Monte Carlo, Good, Day)

Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 02:00 GMT Tuesday (10:00pm EDST (USA) Monday )*
Oceania Start: 10:30 GMT Tuesday *

NOTE: The Europe Rally will start 19.00 GMT to allow for daylight savings times. The Oceania Rally will start 8.30PM AEST.

** PLEASE NOTE: You must drive the Toyota Celica ST205 in all Stages

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2010 (updates 03 and 04) mod in order to participate, please see the
    installation
    and usage threads.
  • You will also require the Car Pack for A8_2 .
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
  • Make sure to check for later Updates to RSRBR2010, a new one is scheduled to be released before this Rally. Update 05 now released, so please update.

IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2010 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines to help you get up and running: Here and Here

Drivers:

Please Note: All drivers must drive the Toyota Celica ST205.

1. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - Oceania
2. Rick Bamford (Lucifer) - Oceania
3. Murat Erdogdu (resonance) - Europe
4. Senad Subasic (mfodor) - Europe
5. John Low (elmomarty) - Oceania
6. Eddie Mann (EddieX) - Oceania
7. Damien Jones (DJones) - Oceania
8. Tomas Reinicke (ctbr) - Europe
9. RobbKull (r27kul) - Europe
10. Toby Davis (Toby Davis) - Oceania
11. Driver
12. Driver
13. Driver
14. Driver
15. Driver
16. Driver
17. Driver
18. Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

This Rally is the second in a series of Tribute Rallys that we plan to run regularly throughout the year. The aim is to honour various Rally Driving Legends, past and present, by driving cars symbolic to these drivers.

For our second Tribute, we honour one of the greatest drivers on modern times, Carlos Sainz, “El Matador”. Carlos is famous for driving many cars during his racing career, but we will drive the one in which he was best known and most successful, the Toyota Celica. The Celica that we will use is the ST205, found in the A8_2 Car Pack. This car is 4WD, quite powerful, and drives similarly to the WRC cars. It can be a little twitchy, especially under heavy braking, so newer drivers may want to tweak the brake bias a little by lowering the rear brake pressure. This car really lends itself to drifting and is easy to get sideways. As always, control is the key, but the drift jockeys will love the Celica.

The Stages cover many of the default Countries and their default surfaces, so you will experience, snow, gravel, and tarmac. As a special “treat”, we have included a final Stage using the Monte Carlo Mod, but please drive this one with care. We have kept the weather fairly mild, but included a demanding wet Stage in Japan so drivers can experience some Carlos Sainz mud driving.

If requests are made for any additional timezones, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

Good luck all, and hope we see a good roll up. :rally:

A little video to help you see what is in store for you.

And a tribute movie to highlight the career of this great driver.

Here is another good movie, a little long, but some top viewing if you love Rally driving.

[video=google;7767261844083631619]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7767261844083631619[/video]

For those who may be unfamiliar with the Monte Carlo Mod for RSRBR2010, I have posted a video of my test run for the final Stage (SS08) for this Rally.

I'd suggest to those who have never driven the Monte Carlo Mod, have a few practice runs for this Mod off-line, it is pretty slippery and needs some delicate throttle and car control, but can be a lot of fun. Obviously, be careful to avoid the snowy road edges, especially in the hairpins.

I hope it proves helpful.

Could those who do race this one do me a little favour and all crash ......... wait, no, ummmm all save replays from stage 3 and stage 8 for me pretty please. Just so I can make little grabs of bits for an after rally video. Any other spectacular moments or ones you just like would be also appreciated.

email again is elmomarty@bigpond.com

Have a quick video from the last one. Thanks to those who sent me replays, and I also have discovered a new braking technique for the peugeot :p After this they came and took the car away, again, and have vowed never to give me another 1

http://www.racedepartment.com/richard-burns-rally/20046-rbr-movies-21.html#post567611

I don't blame the Euro guy's for not signing-up in hurry(like i can talk), i guess most of them will be outside enjoying thier summer and smelling the flowers?
Hmm? .. or could it be that by putting everyone in the same car with the same specs will create the perfect conditions to test pure driving ability among us? .. i noticed Sebastien you've pulled-out early, what a pitty:tongue:

FYI: Not a fan of the ST205's, ST185TTE spec my cup of tea.. if you haven't already guessed.

RSRBR2010 UPDATE 05 Now Released

I have just noticed that RSRBR2010 Update 05 has been released today.

I'm downloading it now to see what effect it may have on this Event. It also requires the download and install of a number of Car Packs, but the A8_2 Car Pack is not updated, so it should not affect this event.

Please ensure that you Update your RSRBR2010 as soon as possible.

I'll advise what I find after my installation.

UPDATE 05 can be downloaded here: http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=351&t=5433

It says on the page:

Corrections made by this update :
- Pacenotes V2 for MLYNKY
- New physics for Skoda Fabia s2000 (A7S_1 & N4_S2000_1)

Novelties introduced by this update :
- Lancia 037 (pack Group_B) by Po911
- Version 2 for 205 Rallye (A5_1, N1_1, F200-12_1)
- Version 2 for 205 GTi (A7_2, A6_1, N3_2, N2_2, F200-14_2, F2000_13_2)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 161 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%