Rally - Carlos Sainz Tribute - Mon 19th & Tues 20th July 2010

As a test, I have :

1. Installed Update 05
2. Installed the specified Car Pack updates (I used the individual car packs, not the complete full set)
3. Set up and run a test Rally on-line using SS01, SS03, and SS08 from this Rally

All went smoothly and everything seems to be working as expected.

I am not certain if we need Update 05 for this Rally, but I would highly recommend it. The car pack updates are not necessary for this Rally, but may be needed for future Rallys.

Sign me up please, Toby Davis, Toby Davis, OC. I will do the OC timezone rally because then we can all get together in TS in the OC timezone, I will switch between the two, EU and OC, for the next few weeks so that you guys don't have to listen to me every week :)

Just arrived on SS 3, tones of fun this car, miles of understeer, too bad I lost first 2 stages. Was gone all week didn't had time to practice not even one min.
Why are we only 2 on EU ?

Understeer situation a bit better on Japan, but now the problem is easy locking of the rears, and trying hard not to spin.

Well, if nothing else, there will be some spectacular crashing in my replays...

Robb, dunno, Europe is on holiday I guess.

EDIT: well, I'm done. I only had one normal stage, the last one. I expect to be at least 2 minutes behind on all other stages.

Sorry guys, i had connection problems. i had tried some of the stages before. it was so hard to control the car, but also very enjoyable to drive. i wish i was in the race. Thanks to all, and congratulations to the winner ;)

Hi guys,

well the oc Rally is over. Ummmmm, I sucked again, so what else is new. I had a bit of fun though.

SS2 I made the mistake of thinking the setup I discovered in my folder would be better than I could do as I had enormous trouble with the braking stuff. Welllllll, it dragged the car right and I didn't even make it through the 2nd corner.
Another retirement along the way and then I just stayed as conservative as I could. SS7 I was in the groove, swinging nicely into the corners and getting through the multis like I wasn't sure it was really me. About 3 corners after the 2nd split though reality bit me and I made friends with a tree and had a slipping clutch all the way to the end.

Please be kind enough to email me any replays you may have. as always elmomarty@bigpond.com Particularly ss3, australia, and the last stage. I will protect the innocent and have a little compilation of crashes and wonderful new aerodynamic braking effects at the end of the video. Hope to have that available by friday at the latest

Cheers and thanks guys for setting it up

Overall Rally Results

20100719rdrallycarlossa.png

Congrats Warren, and also Eddie and Rick. Very close at the top.

Robb on 5th, even though he missed the first two stages :D. Nice work there.

Eddie Mann: 4 stage wins :star::star::star::star:
Warren Dawes: 2 stage wins :star::star:
Rick Bamford: 2 stage wins :star::star:
Damien Jones: 1 stage win :star:

EDIT: oops, hadn't noticed the identical stage times, apologies :). Eddie and Rick sharing a stage win, identical times on SS4. And again identical times for 2nd on SS5, it's been happening a lot lately :o

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view.

Attachments

• 20100719rdrallycarlossa.png
    20100719rdrallycarlossa.png
    35 KB · Views: 202
I managed to have a small disaster tonight, but not on the race track. In Stage 1 my sound disappeared due to the headset battery going flat. In my frantic attempt to replace the battery for SS02, I knocked over my bottle of ginger beer (yep ginger beer) all over the desk, my keyboard, chair, wheel, floor, pedals. You name it, it was wet and becoming stickier as the Rally wore on. Maybe it was giving more sticky grip on the road too, dunno. :wink:

Anyway, it turned out to be a good night for me, not too many crashes, although a few spins and one tree headbutt, but nothing to kill the car. We had a big group in the Oceania Rally tonight which was great, and some really close Stages. Rick even managed a dead heat with Eddie for a Stage win, followed by a dead heat with me for the next Stage (but for 2nd place this time).

Thanks to the guys on TS listening to my complaints about my sticky mess, all good fun again.

Poor Toby had a sad tale of endless encounters with poles and trees. :eek: Sometimes, a Rally goes like that.

I actually liked the Selica, it was a bit different to drive but generally quite good I thought.

I'm probably off to buy a new keyboard tomorrow, ouch. :rolleyes:

Wow, Senad is super fast with the results, posting them while I was typing on my sticky keyboard. Well done to Eddie and Rick . Really bad luck for Eddie who deserved his first win, he was clearly the quickest overall, and had one poor stage in SS07 which cost him dearly.

Thanks to Senad again, very helpful with the Server and results. :cool:

Looking forward to our next Rally. :)

Pretty good run tonight, considering I had no time to test the Celica at all.

SS1 and 2 I was far too cautious, trying to feel how the car was reacting, getting to grips with the handling. SS4 was a bit of a mess; I approached the 3rd bridge too fast and on the wrong angle.....clipped the far bank, rolled, and took off a door but luckily the damage seemed mostly cosmetic. SS6 was craaaazy slippery, handbrake for most corners I'm honestly surprised to have bagged a fastest time there!
Finland was great, the car seemed really suited to the fast flowing corners, though I unfortunately lost my rhythm in the last section.
And Monte Carlo.....well.......
like driving a hovercraft!

Congrats to all the podium winners and thanks to all who helped organise the event.

No taste of sweet victory for me.. maybe next time? Well done Warren! Awesome job!

WOW! i was in good company tonight, trading blows with Warren, Rick and the others.. what a rush!
Drove at 90% first 3 stages.. still trying to get a feel for the car, was not confident.
SS4: 105% Drove straight lines as much as possible, put the hammer down werever i could.

Comming into SS5 i think there was only 2 sec's to the leader, Rick was on a charge.. and then amazingly a dead heat occured on one of the later stages with Rick, a first for me? just no room for error.

I thought i could make-up time in the snow? .. nah!.. rolled once, kissed 29sec's away. And then drove it like i stole it from then on, with a custom bent steering arm thrown in as a bonus.

Good to have the Euro pilots on board to.. thanks to Warren, Senad and others for setting things up.

Carlos Sainz "El Matador" respect!

Please Warren, no fast germans for the next one:)

Apologies to John, with all my dramas with my drink spill, I clean forgot to save my replays. Sorry mate, I'll make sure for next time.
Hopefully the others have some interesting replays for you.

Apologies to John, with all my dramas with my drink spill, I clean forgot to save my replays. Sorry mate, I'll make sure for next time.
Hopefully the others have some interesting replays for you.

Does the drink spill and things getting sticky constitute a new added grip feature for the cars ?? :pPP Maybe I could try that next time.

Thanks warren, seems not too many are interested in the video thing and that's cool. I will put some scenes together from Senad and myself, protecting the innocent with no names come crash compilation time and using a different skin :) Should have it done by friday midday aest.

Congrats to everyone who drove and well done to the winners and podium placers :)

Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back