Rally - Best of WRC 99/00 - Mon 29th & Tue 30th July 2013

Not my best rallye ever, but excellent fun again! So first let's say Thanks to all who organized it!

The Toyota is quite agile, and on SS1 I spun several times trying the handbrake:redface:
SS2: For whatever reason, I can't do Autiovaara without rolling a car and then having a damaged wheel/rim/suspension. And I never was driving to fast. Arrgh.
SS3: Somehow came through, had a little off but didn't loose more than a few seconds.
SS4: Ruined my rallye. One CFH when jumping down a bridge, then later braked too late into some stewards at a kink, completely lost any rhythm. What a desastrous run.
SS5,6: Nothing in particular, but I need to go way faster on any US stage.
SS7: Took it easy, always stayed on the line, but made me slower in the end maybe.
SS8: Finally had my rhythm back and then got surprised how slow I was:cautious:

At least once again I finished all the stages! And now I need to drive better haha:laugh:

SS01: Good start, but after a few hairpins my co-driver says "it sounds like the gearbox is broken"? And i didn't hit anything, the car was behaving normal. A few hairpins later, the car got stuck in 2nd gear. Stopped the car, then the gears came back, strange haha ;) One offtrack, further a nice slippery stage.
SS02: Nice stage, rolled the car one time, but landed on 4 wheels and could continue the stage directly. After the roll i was too carefull i think.
SS03: Nice stage! No big errors!
SS04: Also a nice stage no errors, nice flow of corners.
SS05: Good stage for me again!
SS06: Very nice stage, love the jumps! One small error of me, but i saved the car and finished the stage!
SS07: Strange stage, but it went well, drove it pretty fast i think, untill 500 meters before the finish...i spun into the cornfield...doohhh costed me a lot of time there. Not my favorite stage this one haha ;)
SS08: Going well, but somewhere after split 1, adobe flashplayer decide to update...RBR didn't like that and crashed. DNF
nice rally with nice cars!

Sion; Ha, I actually snapped your second place in our session, with only 8 sec, after your mishap at last stage. (I was a bit late in my driving after a phonecall).We were evenly matched. I also had two CFH, both on Mineshaft. Fun rally. Really good battles in the lead within our session.

Knew it was too good to be true! Ah well still had fun and your right some close battles in the rather full session!

Well that was a surprise. Great to come back with a rally win albeit by the smallest of margins from Mark.

Chuffed to bits with that and saved the run through SS2 so may upload that video as I won the stage. Given the mistakes and meeting with a bush couldn't have gone any better for me.

Thanks guys for running this and great to see so many driving again.

Cheers,

Oscar.

EDIT : Roy Magnes That Pug domination, 5 stage wins of 8. :D

Good news, everyone!
I've got a new avatar for you :p
2009-02-27-professor_farnsworth.jpg

How the hell was I fastest on a Monte stage?! Seriously! They are the bane of my rbr existence! I felt that mineshaft 2 was my best stage from the rally, but Roy destroyed that time by 8s or so!

Congrats to Oscar and Mark, it's quite heartening to see that after some time away from rbr I was a cfh and a terrible puy du lac away from mixing it up front. Most importantly I had a lot of fun on most of the stages.

I really enjoyed the focus, and I hope cars like this will be used again in future, as it's always good to see a wide variety of equally matched machines battling it out. (Perhaps even making these, or similar cars, the top class in rdrc?) 7 different cars in the top ten has got to be a good thing.

Thanks again to the organisers- looking forward to the resumption of rdrc duties!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back