Rally - Battle of Britain - Monday 15th & Tuesday 16 th October 2012

SS1: Was going well until I somehow spun exiting a junction, hit a tree, and stalled. Water came out of the hood for a minute but no damage
SS2: Rear right went into the ditch as I understeered in a very long left hander and spun.
SS3: Better, but really sloppy
SS4: Ugh, no grip to be found! It seems worse on the reverse stage, but all of these late apexes make it tricky. Bad run.
SS5: Thank you for dry road! Poor driving from me again, though!
SS6: Two moments plus sloppy driving.
SS7: Not good
SS8: Tough stage, but surprisingly good run

This was a neat event, thanks to the organizers. I go into club rallies to have fun but I just can't do it

Wait, what. Hit the first fence on the first stage, not head on, not that fast, killed the engine.

Looks like I will be driving later after all, since I didn't cross the first split :p
Ole, let me know if/when you can, so I create a session for us.

Righteho, what a rally.
I thought I should choose the Skoda, considering I'm working with one currently.
I haven't done an RBR event in quite sometime, let alone ever used the octavia, so my efforts weren't up to scratch by a mile.
Anyway, here's how it played out.

SS1: Very slow in this stage as I haven't played RBR in weeks :O
Car is..interesting to drive, a few interesting qwerks.
SS2: First corner, hit something invisible in the middle of the road, and the engine died. Bizarre as I've never encountered that on this stage before. Kinda annoying but I'm not doing this rally to win it, just need to practice after spending time with that mistake of WRC3.
SS3: Still bumpy as hell, but thats why you gotta love Harwood I suppose :p again took it slowly as it was quite slippy.
SS4: Fairly clean run, very slippy indeed. Crazy amounts of throttle control needed for this car in these conditions though.
SS5: Very cautious and slow, as I don't know Falstone II that well, let alone in the dark. very interesting physics still, almost comparable to the Delta S4, just with less power :p Its quite fun actually.
SS6: The car handled brilliantly in this stage, until I misheard the 90 right Intersection.
SS7: Slowly through Harwood again, no mistakes though which was good.
SS8: Kept messing up the hairpins, which lots me loads of time, super bumpy with that car too.

Great choice of stages and conditions, made it incredibly interesting to drive with.
As always, I love these type of events because it makes you choose a car you maybe haven't driven before, and is great for variety.

Thank you to all who set it up, it was very enjoyable.

Hit the first fence on the first stage, not head on, not that fast, killed the engine.

It may not be a big impact but it probably holed the radiator :D.

Just finished driving with the OC guys, really glad I made it through with no major mistakes on those very challenging stages. Sorry to see the guys in the session having big problems at the start of the rally, England stages are really tricky specially on bad conditions.

Anyone else experienced the lag on Falstone II (Night)? It's really uncomfortable to drive, it skips and suddenly the corner is in front of you and you have to react fast :confused:.

That turned out to be pretty much a disaster for me, but not unexpected.
I haven't driven RBR for more than a month now, and it was obvious immediately.

I completely forgot where I was on stage 1, bumped the edge of the bridge, and the engine died. I assumed it was a retirement, but after about 45 secs of daydreaming, I thought I'd try CFH, and the engine started again and I could continue. :rolleyes:
Had a big spin on SS2 but managed to finish.
Early in SS3, I bumped a tree lightly with the side of the car, and got the message "we've lost the brakes". This brought back old memories of the Seat :(, so I quit the stage.
From then on I slowly found some rhythm but kept throwing in a few bad spins and one bad rollover.
Then to top it off, on Sweet Lamb, I hit that horrible bump and bounced completely off the track down the hill. :redface:

I think that somewhere in that mess I managed about two reasonable stages. Maybe I should have at least tried a recce or two. ;)

It not the game, it's me. Finally I get a break from classes to give it a go and only managed to finish 1 out of 5 stages before calling it quits. I was trying something new with my wheel configuration and it felt better but luck was not on my side. I still enjoyed it. Thanks to all.

Overall Rally Results

kNEX2.jpg

gVs8t.png

Congrats Fernando, Timo, Roy

Stage wins:
Fernando Agapito: 3 stage wins
Manuel Samaniego: 2 stage wins
Timo Hakkarainen: 1 stage win
Viesturs Priede: 1 stage win
Andris Laskins: 1 stage win

Thanks to everyone who joined, thanks to Warren for setting it up, and thanks to Fernando for the podium presentation.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Congrats Timo and Roy.

It's satisfying to know that yet again I've managed to achieve another 5 consecutive club wins on different car classes and with very good drivers around :), but also with that it's going to be very hard to make it 6 :p.

Thanks all and good luck everyone on the final round of RDRC.

Cheers.

Congrats to the podium, that´s really another class still.

I´m happy with the result for my first proper Rally.
Without the final stage crashing it could have been P7 (the last of the finishers:D)

Thanks for the event and hopefully I can be back for more rallies :thumbsup:

Grats Fernando, you win the Battle of Britain medal.
9vAfQ.jpg

Well done Timo and Roy, gallant heroism in the line of fire. :ninja:

Good to see Stage wins spread around a bit too.

Big welcome to Johannes for his first Club Rally with us, hope you had fun and we see you regularly.

Thanks to Senad for his slick results work, and Fernando for the Podium graphic.

No Club Rally next week, off to the RDRC Finale (also in England) so good luck to all participants. :)

I had a mixed bag of results last night, I'd done a reasonable amount of practice to learn the stages in the varying conditions and was pretty happy to be about 15-20 seconds behind the fast guys for most stages. The car was a bit quicker than the Group N I've been learning the game with, but still found it pretty easy to drive. Unfortunately my memory failed me badly twice resulting in 2 stage retirements, then RBR crashed when beginning Sweet Lamb so it was rally over for me. Still it was good fun & well done to the podium!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back