Rally - Back to the B Future - Mon 27th & Tues 28th June 2011

Hmmmm. I liked the idea of this car. In practice, its tippy-toe nature doesn't make me happy.
First three stages were ok, but then, as usual, Hualapai Nation hits me with a series of totally unjust CFHs.
It's 30 degrees here and a bazillion percent humidity. Alas, my will-to-ragequit overpowered me.
See ya next week.

I had an event of ups and downs. Was leading the EU-session after ss3, but rolls on ss4, ss5 and ss6 did cost me a lot of time. Was marginally fastest on ss7, before I blew the engine twice(!!!) on ss8 but could still restart it and drive to a third position in EU. I was driving very carefully all the way to not destroy the enfgine, as I did blow a huge ammount of them testing ahead of the last Grp. B-rally we did, but I think it might have costed me some time on the gravel-stages.

Thanks for another experience, looking forward to the next one already :)

Great fun with those cars, my rally was going good..ish until last stage ( how i HATE tarmac:mad: ) when i flipped the car, gearbox locked in 5th and no drive at all, had to retire:poop:. Had a chance to finish at least 2nd in EU, what a shame:frown:.

Congrats to Nigel, our new rally alien and WD to my friend James on his 1st ever rally, watch out for him guys, he has been playing this game for 4 days and shows great speed already:tongue::rolleyes:.

this was the easiest rally.. - crash, crash, crash, forgot to downshift - crash, crash, crash and finally - crash :D

You had to downshift ?!? :p :p :p

haha this was a fun but stressfull car to drive :S I find myself having to take a shower now after waaaay to many close calls.

The Japaneese stages was the most difficult for me, I haven't driven them alot in the past and my car just seemed to slide abit too much there.

Halfway through I found my recipe for success, driving with the brake at 25% at all times and pumping the throttle like a mad man on speed >.< Not that it gave me great results, but an overall 6th in our group wasn't too bad to be a rookie like myself.
Tarmac went better than expected, thanks to a decent tarmac setup. Had some close calls and a few CFH but overall no retirements so im happy :D

Thanks for a fun and "out of the ordinary" rally :D Hope to see you again next week!

I've just installed the update and now the RS200 is undriveable - everytime I lift off the accellerator the back end just comes round on me.
I'm going to have to withdraw from this competition.

Pete

Pete, the Update shouldn't have had any affect on the RS200, it wasn't touched.
Maybe something was screwed up with your setup somewhere, try checking it out for differences. Did you try Nigel's setup? :confused::confused:

Pete, the Update shouldn't have had any affect on the RS200, it wasn't touched.
Maybe something was screwed up with your setup somewhere, try checking it out for differences. Did you try Nigel's setup? :confused::confused:

All I can say Warren is that the car handling did change and it was undriveable - I'm going to try going back to the earlier version and see if I can get a run in with you guys this morning.

We'd done a full practice run before I did the update, that's how I know it changed.

See you later, hopefully,
Pete

Well, I wanted to do a small event for fun before having a week of hard work.

I pledge to start, turns 3 and less than a minute of the race and power shutdown.

I wake up my twins by shouting, they shouted too where they saw they can't turn on their light. Great, I really have no chance. 2 hours with candles, well that so romantic ...

Now I have a busy week and I could not enjoy a little fun tonight :(

I hope it's better for you ;)

Thanks for the event car and track was a fun choice.

I've sorted my problems now (will explain later)
The car certainly didn't change but I imagine that you were subject to the change in the way the game saves your setups.
I panicked initially because i thought it had lost the setups i had prepared, turns out that there were just 2 setups with the same slot number in the folder. The slot numbers were assigned by the game and it made no difference what you had actually called the setup. Removal of the older wrong setup made the correct one appear for me.
I imagine that your setups shared a common name and so it was harder for you to spot the change. :frown:

Rally complete. Kept my head and didn't let the speed get to me, although this car seems only mildly faster than the WRCs available. Probably enjoyed the tarmac stages the most. Just made some minor setup changes and the car felt solid.

Nice rally Warren. Some snow stages would have been nice. The best showing by an RS200 in the WRC was 3rd place for Grundel in Sweden, 1986.

Luck to all....

managed to get into the game ok, put on teamspeak with no mic, and mic muted(just incase), launched s3, was about to go when i heard someone saying I must mute the speakers, went out of the game to check this, exited TS just to be sure, and bingo cant get back into game... o well, thats motorsports for u! -=o)

People on TeamSpeak? That's strange, I joined, and saw nobody, and 8 drivers were already in the session :confused:

Anyway, killed it in the first stage. Got a PM here, reached for my cell phone, and found a nice sturdy tree :D

Yup, as predicted, massive difficulties with the car, several retirements.

Cheers for the setups :thanks:
Do you have to load them each stage, or just once per session, or do they remain the same until you load a different one? I was loading before each stage, just in case.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%