Rally - B-Ware of the Monster! - Monday 6th & Tuesday 7th May 2013

this should be good practice for the group b round on rallyesim this week

SS01 - went well , no dramas yet

SS02 - half spin on first hairpin and then all was good, It was close with Magnus

SS03 - another clean run for me

SS04 - Its easy to lose control here so took it easy and had a clean run

SS05 - I forgot to put gravel tyres on , had 2 crashes before getting out to the tarmac road !!! Magnus had a poor last sector which handed me the lead

SS06 - I enjoyed that , I had to push in the last sector as Navitori was 00.28 ahead

SS07 - another good steady run

SS08 - well thats my first time through that stage and it was amazing , It really suited the group b cars with the spectators so close to the road , well impressed , they should use that in rallyesim championship rounds

thanks for a great event :)

I have only tried Group B once before, and that was last yeas.

SS1 - Steering Wheel and pedals didnt work. Didnt get off start-line.
SS2 - a spin
SS3 - a spin
SS4 - To siff suspension. Bounced off track two times. Was lucky to get back going. Took it really slowly for the last part.
SS5 - a spin
SS6 - OK, nice drifting. but obviously slow
SS7 - a spin
SS8 - Beautiful stage. Had only done it once before. Careful driving. Incredible fast time by Arwyn.

All in all a good rally for me. Only one retirement due to technical problems.

Holy devil, it was very irritating that I didn't finish enough stages but I'm happy that I took the stage win on one of the stages, the one that I felt most at home with with the car. I saw a lot of Audis in the EU session, my reason for also chosing it was that it has natural understeer just like the Alfa which I prefer from a rally car :)

SS1 - Shepards Shield 2 (Stage in game was Shepherds Shield 1 "Normal way round"):

Was on a good run until I got to the first bridge in the forest. Arrived a bit to fast on the right-left, the turns before, cut the left just a bit too much, as usual when I'm trying to hard, and had a spectacular roll.

After that I took it easy and cruised to the finishline.

SS2 - Liptakov 1:

Didn't go to plan. Had an off in the city in the beginning of the stage and accumulated some damage to the car. It being Tarmac I went off at quite the pace....

Got quite a bit through the stage but at the gravel into a right haipin the steering damage caused me to end up a bit too far left and the cement blocks there saw the end of my run....

SS3 - Joux Plane:

Was very catious on this stage as it is fairly difficult and there are some real drops and the wood fencing that, often, kills your car if you go into them.

Got a resonable time in for a careful approuch :)

SS4 - Fraizer Wells:

I don't like this stage no matter what surface but tarmac seems to be the worse. Hadn't finished it once in practice runs before the event and didn't finish the stage this time either. Hit a bump wrong about 15 seconds before the finish and into a tree I went, stage over...

SS5 - PTD Rally Sprint:

First time through the stage with this car and chose gravel tires because I thought it would work better. It didn't.

Went into the crops a couple time, hit one of the logs when I missjudged the how much to use of the road and had to CFH when I went deep at a corner and thought I could power through another set of crops.... Never got out after I entered. Thank you to the spectators though :)

SS6 - Akagi:

Finally a stage I can push on. Set the car up very stiff and it seemed to work. Won the stage by 8 seconds or so I believe ahead of Arwyn(?) and then Magnus.

Arwyn Jones I'm Navitori ;)

SS7 - Sipirkakim:

Another stage I feel at home at. Had trouble on the first jump as I changed the setup of the car compared to what I had done a couple of run with and the rear end was very "jumpy" which saw me almost loose control a couple of times but after the excursion there which cost me around 15 seconds I found my pace, had one more slight off that was a cut which I slowed down for I think I was fastest in both Sector 2 and 3 but I am most likely wrong but I gained on both of Magnus and Arwyn I think :)

SS8 - Peyregrosse Mandagout:

What a stage, what brave spectators, what a car, what a bridge ledge.....

Got a bit into the stage and felt that I was on a good run but then there is 2 hidden bridge ledges to the left of the road and I remembered to stay wide at that one but the second one I forgot it completely.

Coming into the section I was on full attack so I think I was going 5th gear and around 100 KPH so the hit into the bridge wasn't pretty.... :sick::confused:

Seeing as this is the first time I try the GrB cars at all I'm pretty happy with the event over all. Didn't expect to finish all the stages but was hoping to at least finish 50% of them :)

Very happy with, what I got in the timer at least, stage win at Akagi and what might have been the best stage for the car in the rally, Peyregrosse Mandagout which was enjoyable but saddening that it ended as it did, in flames.

Congratulations to Arwyn who just have to get the win in the rally with his stage times, you were absolutly on fire and flying today/tonight :thumbsup:

Eep, forgot to download the update. Hopefully it gets done in time, I'd like to practice that new stage also. Quite looking forward to this rally now, had a whole ton of school work past week, gonna be good to relax and go for a nice, leisurely drive.

Edit: Download finished and with 15 minutes to spare, looks like I'll get one run through of the new stage at least :p.

Liptakov is a nice looking stage. Shame I retired :D

I restarted it though, without thinking that I'm in an online rally :redface:. I wanted to see how the rest of it looks, so I will DQ myself from the results.
Not that I was going to threaten anyone's position anyway :D

Akagi was brilliant! Once I got into a rhythm. And after I recollected myself from the manslaughter of some poor bystanders.

SS1 - Went ok, a little bit twitchy, but fine. This stage was normal running though, the itenary had it reversed.
SS2- I really like this stage, got a bit overambitious though, and rolled the car on the first 90 left... very slow roll, but undamaged car. Lost a few seconds there.
SS3 - Like this stage also, quite happy with my pace, was a bit slow in places, but overall happy.
SS4 - Bad. My setup was all wrong, every bump would kick my rear out, I spun twice, but no crashes or damage luckily. Not a good time.
SS5 - Ugh, my least favorite stage, got stuck on a log and had to CFH, then messed up the ending, so finished with a DNF, missed a turn off somewhere, or something like that, very frustrating.
SS6 - OK, but had a spin going into one of the hairpins, lost a few seconds.
SS7 - Pretty reasonable pace, had a lot of fun in the forest section near the end, wish that was a bit longer. Not sure how my pace was in that sector, but I really felt like I had a handle on the car at that point.
SS8 - Very cool stage. Had a few close calls, but no impacts. Don't think my pace was too good, was braking early for all the corners since I didn't know what was coming up, but I think everyone will be in the same boat, so hopefully should be OK.

Overall, I'm really happy with my driving, I definitely felt like I improved over the course of the rally, and these cars really highlight the importance of smooth footwork.

Bitterly dissapointed with my retirement on SS5, knowing that the stage was more-or-less complete. Clearly, practice beforehand and that wouldn't have happened. I guess I really do need to practice for these events, but I didn't have time at all before today.

I'm quite fond of the RS200 after this event. Hopefully another Group B one in the future. :D

Quite relieving that my DNF didn't cause a drop in position. Congrats also to Arwyn and Roy.

I'm pretty happy with my pace and stage times, I think I'm definitely improving as time goes on.

Thanks to all the competitors and organizers.

It was a good run overall but a bit Armageddon-ish. Killed a lot of people there but surprisingly not on SS8 :O_o:
That new stage was megafun! Very tricky and a lot of places to make mistakes. I did avoid all the obvious traps and killed the car 1km from finish because I cut too much.

I should've choosen the 037, S4 was terrifying...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%