Rally - "Aussie Swap" - Mon 14th & Tues 15th March 2011

Eckhart what car are you driving? I found the S14 to be very direct in it's steering with default setup (I always use default:p). That might be a good idea if you are struggling a bit. It felt like it turned when you wanted to, and quite stable as well. Maybe a bit to good comparing to the struggles they had IRL, but not a bad choice. You might want to stay away from the Suzuki and the C4. The Suzuki needs a god setup overhaul to be good I think, while the C4 is fast,- extremely fast. It might be a bit too much to handle if you are struggling with WRC cars.

Again, I'm going for the Fabia. But that's just because I love Skoda. It is not the fastest, not even close, but it isn't the easiest car do drive either. But neither too hard :)

Hope this can help a little bit.

I even managed to try most of the cars :woot:. And on Greenhills, not Rally School :woot:

Focus - enjoyable, nice to drive, and 5 gears is a plus :D. Maybe this one.
C4 - the fastest, but didn't enjoy driving it.
Impreza - enjoyable, easy to drive, but felt slow. I managed to survive the stage without incidents though, that could be important :D. Maybe this one.
Evo 9 - I usually enjoyed all Evos I tried in the game, but couldn't drive this one at all... Restarted 3 times, gave up before the first split each time.
Suzuki - nice sound, fun to chuck around, but also quite understeery, and very slow.
Impreza S14 - by far easiest to drive for me. Also, the fastest time in my one-run-in-each-car test. But I don't like the looks of it :D

Peugeot 307 - LOL. Warren will probably have fun in my N11, but I sure as hell ain't enjoying this car :D. Didn't get to the first split.
Xsara - surprisingly, very nice. Unlike with other cars, managed to slide, and correct slides easily. Quite fun :). Maybe this one.
Fabia - nooo... So close to being the perfect car. Very easy to drive, no mistakes, fastest splits by far, but then a light contact with a tree kills the gearbox... Still... Maybe this one.

How the heck do you manage to get the Fabia to be "fastest splits by far"?

I just can't get it to be anywhere near the Xsara, C4 or Focus!

For the third rally I've wanted to put out a video - but my XP-pc doesn't record sound on fraps - and the W7 one doesn't give me feedback on RBR -.- Tried to just copy the installfolder but then RSCenter wouldn't start up. And it can't be innstalled when RBR isn't innstalled on the comp. I can't find the RBR dvd...

How the heck do you manage to get the Fabia to be "fastest splits by far"?

I just can't get it to be anywhere near the Xsara, C4 or Focus!

Guess it suits me better. Or, more likely, I'm crap, and can't drive the faster cars properly :)

EDIT: 8 seconds faster than everything else by the second split.
But, it was a very clean and nice run until that point. Only drove each car to the end once, the others weren't so easy to control, wasn't very smooth.

Subaru for me, downloaded Warren's skin so that will make me blush everytime I call for help (pity one cannot give one of the characters along the track Warren's face, I'd love to see him step back from his own "car" after he has picked the debris out of the ditch :) )

edit: cannot install skin since it is an executable that points to a file which does not exist on a windows7 pc where rbr is installed directly onto c:

So, then I've uploaded a video on youtube - it's from Mineshaft and my 4.36 run there. I have no idea about the quality. I can see I'm stuck at 240p atm - hope that will be better. Also I see that the sound is out of sync. So any tips on that is welcome. Anyway - with values on throttle, brake, handbrake and steering I hope it can be to some help for at least one person!:)

Well, the Mineshaft world record is 4:12.01, so it's deffo doable. Was it consistent though, Ole, or after a million restarts? ;)

Also I seem to have found the car to use. Since Warren is taking Senad's N11 (correct me if I misread this) I got myself a N12 to join the trusty N14 from last season. In the championship this car is very unloved and it handles rather lovely, reminding me why I like N4 so much. I managed to match last rounds Champions fastest times (or just a few seconds slowest on dry) on Mineshaft, so I'll just get on with training, my usual less-than-hour is already running out :D

Well, the Mineshaft world record is 4:12.01, so it's deffo doable. Was it consistent though, Ole, or after a million restarts? ;)

My third run. 4.5* with Fabia, 4.43 or something with C4 and then 4.36 with fabia :) So i will say consistent. Only cars I tested and crashed with was Subaru and Suzuki :)

Erik: Yes, you are in the champions league (N4 and S2000) and therefor you must race in a WRC car ;)

K I thought that the rsrbr forum login is the correct one, apparently it isn't :(. I registered 15 minutes ago, but still no confirmation. I won't be able to make it :(.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back