Rally - "Aussie Swap" - Mon 14th & Tues 15th March 2011

much as I respect people's wish to play at a time when it really suits everyone in the household, I would rather we stick with only the three timezone dates in the future. Think of the admins who do this for fun, minimize the hassle, from time to time skip an event you cannot make.

I've been trying all WRC 07 and 08 cars on Mineshaft and never reached the first check point without one CFH :) !
Any tip from the big boys, which is the slowest car and better handeling one?

None :D. You just really have to adjust your right foot and it's even trickier because too much gas will mean an oversteer induced spin. Not enough will mean (on loose stuff) understeer and going wide into trees.

In general I think focus is quite senile (and it's got a higher shift-point, so short shifting stabilizes it more :)), also the S14 seemed stable, but that was when I tried it loooong time ago, when I couldn't really finish any stage at all ;). I'd stay away from the S12 - it sounds fantastic but I get the overwhelming feeling that it wants to rip your head clean off. Sweet when you can handle it, scary when you're learning ;).

The '08 S14 is working great for me, took away some f/r brake with more rear bias and it works.

The first 30-some seconds of Greenhills II is insane, a split second off perfect and your stage is over, I love it.

Any tip from the big boys, which is the slowest car and better handeling one?

Robb, my car recommendation would be the 08 Subaru S14 which I find quite stable, or maybe the 07 Skoda. I haven't driven the Skoda but it has always been a nice handling car in other classes.

One tip I have found with the Subaru, don't run it at full revs. If you short shift it, or even choose a higher gear setting, and keep the revs a bit lower, the power band seems more controllable.
The thing to be most careful about is the way you apply the throttle. Keep it smoother and don't slam it on hard, that just induces wheelspin and snap oversteer exiting tighter turns. Also, be careful about corner entry, these cars are going faster than you think. It's more important to enter a little slower and concentrate on exiting smoothly. Aim to keep it smooth and under control, rather than trying to go flat out everywhere, you will be surprised at the times you can get, despite feeling like you are going slower. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back