Rally Aussie Outback - Wed December 16th 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aaron Cloutier

• Aaron Cloutier

ixzdoi.png

Sessions: RD Rally Oz Outback US / RD Rally Oz Outback OC / RD Rally Oz Outback EU
Car Pack: A8W-08
Damage: Reduced

Stage 01: Australia - Greenhills
[Normal Good Night]
Stage 02: Australia – New Bobs
[Normal Thick Fog Day]
Stage 03: Australia – East-West
[Normal Med Fog Day]
Stage 04: Australia - Mineshaft
[Normal Light Fog Day]
Stage 05: Australia – Greenhills II
[Normal Good Day]
Stage 06: Australia – New Bobs II
[Normal Good Day]
Stage 07: Australia – East-West II
[Normal Good Day]
Stage 08: Australia – Mineshaft II
[Normal Good Day]
Stage 09: Australia – New Bobs
[Normal Cloudy Day]
Stage 10: Australia – East-West
[Normal Cloudy Day]
Stage 11: Australia - Mineshaft
[Normal Damp Day]
Stage 12: Australia - Greenhills
[Normal Bad Day]

US Start: 03:00 GMT *
Oceania Start: 10:00 GMT *
Europe Start: 20:00 GMT

* Oceania and US events will only be created on request - so please mention it if you're signing up for a non-Euro zone. All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2009 mod in order to participate, please see the installation and usage threads.
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended.
IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2009 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally (including multi-day events) - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
NEW PROCESS FOR RESULTS:

• Due to problems we're having compiling results from RSRBRLive we're asking everyone to submit a screenshot and the HTML output (right-click and save) from RSCenter.
  • Once you are done the rally, please send your results to: rallyresults@westnet.com.au

• Aaron Cloutier

Drivers:
  1. Aaron Cloutier (ascloutier)
  2. Warren Dawes (WAD53)
  3. Cam Wedgwood (Wedge)
  4. Robb Kulcsar (r27kul)
  5. Robin Cook (elusivemite)
  6. Sebastien Levret (Mayland)
  7. Eric Nelson (eric nelson)
  8. Glenn Morris (mozza)
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver

• Aaron Cloutier

2luyvbb.jpg

Sebastian arrives with an outstanding performance on his first rally. Are your sure your last name isn't Loeb? :) Well done!

Nice job Warren and Cam for second and third on your home turf. Extra props to Cam for wrestling a stage win away from Sebastian :)

Thanks for sticking through it Robin. Hopefully the hardware issues will sort themselves out for next rally.

Nice racing everyone and thanks to Cam and Warren for the assist with the results. Nice to get back into it. Tell your friends!

• Aaron Cloutier

Hey everyone. I've been plagued by technical difficulties since taking this over. I am continuing to toil through stuff so I ask for your continued patience while I get everything sorted out. Hopefully this rally will go smoother than the last.

• Aaron Cloutier

Sebastian and Robin, which of the three events (US, OC or EU) are you joining?

Can you give me some trick for this event :
- can we change the type of tire between each stage ?

How can I make some practise ? Because I have this type of menu

For the stage 1 : I have to choose "good weather" but how can I choose the night ? The type of tyre is selected automatically. And what type of mod, I must choose ?

Sebastien,
You can change the tyre type for each stage if you want, just select it before going to the Rally Stage. However, it usually automatically selects the best tyre for you.

To choose "night" for practice, look to the right of that menu, there is a check box called "Night Mod", just put a check in there and it will be night.

For selecting the "mod", just choose whatever one applies to the stage you are practicing, ie. normal for all of the stages of this Rally. The "mod" selection determines what type of road surface you will drive, in the case of "Normal", it will be the default surface for that Country, ie, for Australia it will be gravel.

When you race on-line though, all of these selections will already be locked in, the only things to check and change, if you want, are the Car model and tyre selection.

• Aaron Cloutier

Two things help me in the fog.

1. Back off a bit on the gas. Slowing down a bit is still faster than using "Call for Help" or retiring.
  2. Focus on your co-driver. Those notes may not be the best, but they're still better than driving blind. I use the numnotes mod because I find numbers clearer than the words ("easy", "medium", etc). In heavy fog you can use the numbers a the suggested gear for the turn. ie. "Three left" (same as medium left) is doable in 3rd gear as a general rule, particularly with the WRC spec cars.
However you run we're all hear to have fun!

• Aaron Cloutier

Shoot. I forgot to mention that you can't use the install script that comes with numnotes. You just need to copy the files in the numnotes/increasing folder into Audio/speech/pacenotes. If you try to use the script it will create a bad audio.dat file that you'll need to delete in order to get rbr running. :)

I probably should have mentioned those small details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%