Rally - Alpine Challenge - Monday 16th & Tuesday 17th May 2011

I think this is one of the only cars that comes with steering degree on default on 990° in RSC, before i checked this the car felled very rigid, but went in directions constantly... Very hard to point somewhere the nose was.
I changed this to 540°, like what is set on my profiler, and suddenly the car is steerable.
Very fun drives and looking forward to the rally now. :)

I dropped to RSC at the start of SS1, drove mostly backwards on SS2, and finally dropped to RSC again on SS3. I take this as a sign that this is not the day to do rallying, and look forward to the next one instead :)

When i was watching a replay i noticed the feet of the pilot and copilot are stuck through the bottom of the car and float just above ground. Is this a glitch or just the limit of the engine?

LOL, yeah, Damien noticed that while making the banner.

I guess the car is much lower than the rest, and feet below the car are better than heads sticking out? :D

EDIT: the car is just 1.15m high, that's about 40cm lower than most others :eek:

if its any help heres the setups i`ll be using tonight and i have setup a test server set to start at 18:15 GMT+1 and i`ll be on TS with Pete Mull :cool:

Attachments

• A310 setups.rar
    5.3 KB · Views: 160
I expected a nice battle with Roy in EUX but sadly he pulled out after 2 stages. Ended up driving n my own for the rest of the rally. I really enjoyed it though, fun car to drive(though feeling a bit weird physic wise, but that's just my opinion). Stage selection was great also, I really prefer having short and well known stage in Club events, especially when we have unusual cars like this one.

Oh, and for the record a weird RBR bug saved me for a retirement in SS3. I had a big shunt against a tree, which locked me into 3rd. I thought stage was over at this point, but I still decided to do a CFH just in case. Turned out I had some wheelspin while doing so, and while the game spawned my car back on track, I was already at around 20kph. Then I went through the spectators(without killing them), and I could use the momentum to finish the stage without retiring. Weird stuff, never happened to me before.

Bonus: me taking the Alpine into a nice slide in practice.

That was a tough one... That Japan stage especially.

Retired on Fraizer Wells, hit a tree at full speed, engine died 100m after. Other than that, the car was pretty sturdy, no major damage issues for me.

Fun car, and I think easier to drive than the Volvo. Managed to save a lot of almost-spins. Still, easier to drive doesn't mean it's easier to drive fast, unfortunately.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back