Rally - All American - Mon 12th & Tues 13th July 2010

Warren Dawes

Premium
RD Rally All American

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2010 UPDATE 04 IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

All gravel Stages across USA – A8W-07 WRC cars – Peugeot 307 2007; Citroen Xsara 2007; Skoda Fabia 2007; Citroen C4 2007; Ford Focus 2007; Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 9 2007; Subaru Impreza 2007.

All-America.jpg

Sessions: RD All American EU / RD All American US / RD All American OC

NOTE: We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.

Car Pack: A8W-07 **

Damage: Reduced

Stage 01: USA – Diamond Creek (Normal, Cloudy, Day)
Stage 02: USA – Hualapai Nation II (Normal, Cloudy, Day)
Stage 03: USA – Prospect Ridge (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 04: USA – Frazier Wells (Normal, Good, Night)
Stage 05: USA – Diamond Creek II (Normal, Bad, Day)
Stage 06: USA – Frazier Wells II (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 07: USA – Prospect Ridge II (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 08: USA – Hualapai Nation (Normal, Bad, Day)

Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 02:00 GMT Tuesday ( 10:00pm EDST (USA) Monday )*
Oceania Start: 10:30 GMT Tuesday *
NOTE: The Europe Rally will start 19.00 GMT to allow for daylight savings times. The Oceania Rally will start 8.30PM AEST.

** PLEASE NOTE:
You may select any car from the A8W-07 Car Pack. However, you must use the same car for all Stages.

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2010 (updates 03 and 04) mod in order to participate, please see the
    installation
    and usage threads.
  • You will also require the Car Pack for A8W-07 .
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.

IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2010 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines to help you get up and running: Here and Here

Drivers:

1. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - Oceania
2. Chris Butcher (SpeedDemon) - Oceania
3. Rick Bamford (Lucifer) - Oceania
4. RobbKull(r27kul) - Europe
5. Mark Birney (Harpo245) - Europe
6. Senad Subasic (mfodor) - Europe
7. Sebastien Levret (Mayland) - Europe
8. Łukasz Demolin (Maggot666PL) - Europe
9. Ludovic Cogotti - Solcius - Europe
10. Toby Davis (Toby Davis) - Oceania
11. Jakub Sulej (RIVIVIED) - Europe
12. Dariusz Swiderski (swider) - Europe
13. Driver
14. Driver
15. Driver
16. Driver
17. Driver
18. Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

We have an event for the high speed gravel jockeys this time. We step up to the WRC cars for some fast flowing, adrenalin charged action across the USA Stages. These stages are very fast and flowing, and ideally suited to allow the WRC cars to show their exceptional power and handling. However, at these speeds, these Stages can be treacherous if you make a mistake, so will bravery win the day???
Our Stages will be all gravel this time, using all of the stages of USA. The weather conditions are mostly mild, but be prepared for a little rain and darkness.

Credits to Damien for the great Event Banner. :thumb:

Good luck all, and hope we see a good roll up. :rally:

A little video to help you see the car choices.

EDIT: I have used a few custom skins in this video, all are available at the Rallyesim website and are easily installed using the RSRBR Skin Manager.

Dismal performance last time, but in my defence I had never driven those cars and never driven on snow XD

Sign me up for this one please :)

Chris Butcher (SpeedDemon) - EU Rally

Fixing the Citroen Xsara 2007 engine sound

If you are like me and find the Citroen Xsara 2007 engine sound to be poor (quiet and very distorted), here is a fix.
Open your main Richard Burns Rally folder, then go to /RSRBR2010, /Sounds /Engines. Scroll down to the file A8W-07.ini.
Make a backup of this file in case of problems. (ie. rename it to A8W-07.BAK )
Open the file (A8W-07.ini) with Notepad, and find the line Car1=WRC_citroen_2

Change it to Car1=WRC_citroen_3.
Save the file as A8W-07.ini.

You will now have a much better sound for your Xsara.

Maybe we need to provide a "Special French Car" just for Sebastien, what do you think guys???? :tongue: :D :poke:

Only joking Seb, :)

I'm affraid he will steel beat me :D . LEt's talk with his team maybe we can bribe somenone to let him in 3 wheels, maybe them I'll have a chance.

RobbKull(r27kul) EU timezone, I know it's not a car choice, but Subaru for me

Senad Subasic (mfodor) - Europe

EDIT: wanted the Lancer, but it's too oversteery for me, and I don't have the time to try to setup the car. Impreza it is :love:. Or maybe Škoda, hm...

Will also try to get team speak running.

Imagine my surprise when I get home and found a peugeot key ring and hat on my desk. I think we will run this one :) Even though a night at frazier wells is looming :)

John Low - elmomarty - OC

Cheers

Sign me up, Warren - Łukasz Demolin - Maggot666PL - EU Time.

I find US stages to be more and more suitable to my driving style, so I'm looking forward to this one. I'm not even thinking about battling for P1, but it will still be lots of fun. I just have to decide whether I'm going to run the Focus or the Soobie :)

We have an event for the high speed gravel jockeys this time. We step up to the WRC cars for some fast flowing, adrenalin charged action across the USA Stages. These stages are very fast and flowing, and ideally suited to allow the WRC cars to show their exceptional power and handling. However, at these speeds, these Stages can be treacherous if you make a mistake, so will bravery win the day???

How true.

Keeping one's enthusiasm in check is going to be the hard part of this. My test with the peugeot on one of the au stages ( in keeping with my new edict not to practice or recce any of the rally stages but to at least get a feel for the car ) resulted in a very quick reminder from the peugeot people about what happened before. I hope I can take the lead out of my right foot and be a bit lighter with it :)

See ya's all at the rally

Keeping one's enthusiasm in check is going to be the hard part of this. My test with the peugeot ............ resulted in a very quick reminder from the peugeot people about what happened before. I hope I can take the lead out of my right foot and be a bit lighter with it :)

I found this previously with the Peugeot 307. It is surprisingly fast but more difficult to control. I used to hate it and avoided it like the plague. Then, after being forced to drive it in an earlier Rally (and regularly smashing it to pieces in practice), I backed off a bit and just concentrated on keeping it on the road, and my times were surprisingly better than many other cars. I think the Pug is deceptively quick, but you need to drive it with some caution. :cool:

The Subaru and Skoda, by comparison, seem to handle more predictably and allow you to push harder, but then you need to push harder in those cars.

I'm leaning towards the Xsara, always been a favourite of mine.

PLEASE NOTE:

We have made a slight change to the weather conditions for SS06, Frazier Wells II, it will now be good weather. (the Server wouldn't allow damp for this Stage).

i will have my annual leave this week, so i cant join you this time. i am so sad about it. i think this time the rally will be very hard. Good luck to everyone, especialy the subaru drivers :) (since i am a fan of IMPREZA)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 87 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 116 13.4%