Stage 04: Australia – Mineshaft [Normal, Good, Day]
Stage 05: Australia – Mineshaft II [Normal, Good, Day]
Stage 06: Australia – East-WEst II [Normal, Good, Day]
Stage 07: Australia – New Bobs II [Normal, Good, Day]
Stage 08: Australia – Greenhills II [Normal, Good, Day]

Europe Start: 20:00 GMT Wednesday *
US Start: 02:00 GMT Thursday (10:00pm EDST (USA) Wednesday)*
Oceania Start: 10:00 GMT Thursday *

NOTE: The Oceania Rally will start Thursday for this Rally only.

* EU, Oceania and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2010 (update 03) mod in order to participate, please see the installation and usage threads.
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.
  • Choose any car from the N4_S2000_1 Class
IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2010 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines to help you get up and running: Here and Here

Drivers:

1. Warren Dawes (WAD53) Oceania
  2. Damien Jones (DJones) Oceania
  3. Robb Kulcsar (r27kul) Oceania
  4. Mark A Warmington (Mark Warmington) Europe
  5. Mark Jarvis (Mark Jarvis) Europe
  6. Alan Jeffery (Alan Jeffery) Europe
  7. Tomas Reinicke (ctbr) Europe
  8. Cam Wedgwood (Wedge) Oceania
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.
It is basically a reschedule of the Rally to be held last week.

Following feedback from members, we have gone for another one this week to help give our newcomers more experience. We'll stick with the smaller 4WD Cars that we used last Rally, but take them out on some gravel driving around the dry Aussie bush.
All cars available in the N4_S2000_1 class are very evenly matched too, no specific car will have any advantage over another. All have very good driving visibility from the cockpit too.

The stages have been designed to be more standard to allow the newer drivers to get more familiar with the tracks. The Australian outback weather is always nearly perfect anyway. :biggrin:
So all stages are good, day conditions.

Re Rally Start Times: With daylight saving time commencing or ending around this time of year, are the listed start times still suitable? Please let me know if they need adjusting for your part of the world.

For this Rally only, we have scheduled the Oceania Rally for Thursday (instead of Wednesday) to allow others to join.

Hi guys,

Sorry I havnt been about my internet has been down since Wednesday last week and I work from home so I havnt had the internet at all for that time. But the engineer has just been round and has sorted the issue.

Count me in on this one, I will get Alan to post here too if he is going to join in, which i am sure he will do.

RD Name: Mark Jarvis
RBR Name: Mark Jarvis

Cheers,

Mark

• Alan Jeffery

Hi,

I want to join in with this one but when I installed the game and all the relevent stuff I loaded the game and I just get a blank screen so i must have done something wrong!! I am going to start again from scratch tomorrow night but if it doesnt work then I wont be driving. If I get it sorted in time then I would love to join in. Unfortunately I cant try and sort it out tonight as Im not going to be at home.

Hopefully see you guys tomorrow :)

RBR: Alan Jeffery
RD: Alan Jeffery

Europe time please :)

Alan, hope you get it sorted.
One tip to try, I have had problems with a blank screen when first installing RBR, but it turned out to be my screen resolution settings. Some widescreen resolutions wouldn't work, but after trying a few out (via the Richard Burns Rally.ini file), it all worked fine.

Hmmm... didn't last long. Something screwy going on with my system. USB devices turning on and off and now my router doesn't want to maintain a connection :redface:. Too bad I elected to run again and not use my times from last week :D.

And there goes the net connection again... Gonna be a long night :mad:.

This was the first time I didn't have to call for help.

All stages went very good, some small errors but nothing that lost much time for.

I really like my Skoda :)

For the next rally, could you change the start time to GMT 19.00 or even GMT 18.30?

Too bad I elected to run again and not use my times from last week :D.

Mark, given the circumstances of last week, and now this week, I'll include your Rally from last week, since it was under identical parameters.

For the next rally, could you change the start time to GMT 19.00 or even GMT 18.30?

I am happy to change the start time for Europe, can we get some comment from other Europeans regarding which time is best, now that you have daylight saving time there?

Oh dear oh dear oh dear :( hahaha I didnt have a good run last night :tongue:

My preperations for last night were slightly hindered to say the least!! I hadnt driven the game for 5 days as I didnt have any spare time to do so, and it seemed as if everything was against me!

Some here who know me know that I easily get confused when our times change so I turned up at 9pm (my time) and thought I had missed it, then I saw that it was just starting but couldnt remember how to join the session!! I was waiting for the RD server name to turn into a link and go orange but it wasnt so I finally got into the server with 1 min 30 secs to go and realised that I hadnt got my wheel configured to the computer so in order to do this I had to quit the game and then connect the wheel and then get back into the server.

I managed to do this with 30 seconds to go, sat down and realised my speakers wernt working!! They were all plugged in and on but nothing was coming out of them so I got up and started messing around with them, finally got them working by unplugging them and back in again and they worked.

I then pressed the 'drive' button and it sent me back to the server menu, I am guessing that i had let the counter go to low and it wouldnt allow me to start the 1st stage, or I did something wrong :mad: So then it allowed me to join for Stage 2.

I tried to drive as best I can but the concentration just wasnt there, and having not driven/practiced many of the stages I found myself not listening to some of the pace notes and flying off the track on many occasions!! Trying to finish a stage with a broken windscreen is almost impossible if the whole screen goes!

Actually I think i did stage 2 the best out of all the stages, with 1 crash i think it wasnt too bad but ALL the others I finished but had many many crashes and rolls, those banks of dirt on some of these stages leave no room for error :(

When i crossed the line to finish stage 8 I was happy it was over :tongue: hahaha I found the dirt alot harder than the tarmac mostly because of those damn dirt banks :eek:

Cant wait for the next one :)

@ Warren....Thanks for setting up these events, I just hope the numbers are enough for you to keep going with them :) I will get onto Alan to sort out his problem, I spoke to him last night and he didnt have enough time when he got in from work to uninstall everything and reinstall it. he tried the resolution thing but it didnt work so im guessing he has just installed the stuff incorrectly.

Thanks again :)

Mark

Ok, the Aussie Rally is finished and once again we were given a lesson by our gravel king, Damien. Really well done Damien. I tried to push harder to match Damien, resulting in some classic crashes and spins, also killed the dreaded camera guy (which also stalled the car) along a top speed section :ups: .
I really enjoyed driving these cars in these stages though, and I proved to Cam that the Ford could actually finish a Rally :tongue: .

Thanks to Damien and Cam for the TS chats and the added fun. :rally:

I would certainly like to keep the RBR Club going at RD, but a few more regular drivers would help keep me motivated. I may have problems organising things over the next 5 mor 6 weeks due to being away on holidays. I will take my laptop with me to keep access to the forum and server, so hopefully I'll be able to set up the Rallys but not drive in them. Maybe Cam can also help us out too.

I'll get the Rally results done tomorrow (Aussie time), but for now it's bedtime. :sleep:

Results

Final results for this Rally: (For a better look, see the attached screenshot below)

RallyRDAustraliaFairResults.jpg

Congratulations to our winner Damien, yet again showing his dominance on gravel surfaces. Very fast in all stages and no significant mistakes.
I managed second with a few too many crashes and spins and the unfortunate demise of yet another spectator or camera man (you'd think they would learn by now to get out of the way :eek: ).
Well done to Tomas for the podium, with some very consistent driving across all stages.

Stage wins were again dominated by Damien, winning 6 of the 8 stages. Very impressive mate. Check out stage 2 though, only 0.08 secs difference. I picked up the other two stage wins.

Not much red ink again for this rally, showing that most drivers are now getting the hang of these cars and the difficulty of the Sim.

EDIT: Cam wins the trophy for most red ink and "best performance in a Peugeot". :tongue:

Thanks to those who joined, I appreciate the support, and really hope to see just a few more in future Rally's.

Attachments

• Rally RD Australia Fair Results.JPG
    Rally RD Australia Fair Results.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 273
Thanks for the event Warren, some REALLY close stage times there! Looks like the little Skoda was the obvious favourite; great little car, very stable, gives you the confidence to push along a bit.
*sprays Warren and Tomas with champagne :trophy:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing