Resource icon

Misc RainGoAway 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
rollingchicane submitted a new resource:

RainGoAway - No rain in career mode and coop championship.

What does this mod do?
This mod reduces probability of rain to 0% (as far as i can tell in my testing) in career, coop championship, and any time weather is set to dynamic in grand prix. There is still a probability of cloudy or overcast.
How does this work?
I copied the tod.xml from Abu Dhabi and used it for all the tracks. Abu Dhabi has zero chance of rain by default. I tried editing the other track xml's manually and had no success (I have no idea why) so out of desperation...

Read more about this resource...

@jome you don't have to download it, Pad-driver...

@rollingchicane can I even play online if I install your Mod? :)
three years ago i would have mede you a statue for this mod but the truth is that it wuold be more usefull a mod that makes cars handling decent in the wet
i'm not judging you it is a great mod but i prefer to stay in the most realistic possible
(sadly keyboard user)

@jome you don't have to download it, Pad-driver...

@rollingchicane can I even play online if I install your Mod? :)
Sorry for delayed response.
I have only used this in career mode and coop championship (that's online), however I have not been able to test this with other online game modes. I have DSL (slow internet) and i can never find anyone to play in normal online modes with the codemaster matchmaking service.
NOTE:when experimenting with this mod playing coop championship with my partner, who was hosting the coop, did not have it installed and I did. It was raining in his session and it was bright and sunny on mine. So this really could be used as a cheat.

three years ago i would have mede you a statue for this mod but the truth is that it wuold be more usefull a mod that makes cars handling decent in the wet
i'm not judging you it is a great mod but i prefer to stay in the most realistic possible
(sadly keyboard user)
I love the wet weather from codemasters. I want to make that clear. They handled the physics, dry line formation, puddles, tyre temps perfectly.
I hate the ridiculously fast AI times on most tracks in the weather on expert difficulty. There are a couple of great mods that change AI behavior including wet times but unfortunately once you change an AI file codemasters kicks you from online sessions. This mod was made primarily for me and a friend playing coop.
I recommend Database Mod http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/database-mod.3763/
this might be just what your looking for. (i tried it for a while but you cant play online with it)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%