F1 2013 Rain Races suck ...

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi there! Is there any mod existing that makes rain races more fun? At the moment you race like on ice in the rain while the AI is lightspeeding you by, which is really no fun ans unreal. So I only do clear-weather races at the moment. But it would be more fun to be able to also race in the rain sometime ... but this would need a mod I guess.

Best!
MIke

There's a mod called "multiplayer" :p It makes the other cars a bit slower and MUCH more prone to mistakes in the wet, which makes racing a WHOLE lot of fun.
But if you're struggling in the wet against the AI, you can always turn down the difficulty level for that particular session.

Hi there! Is there any mod existing that makes rain races more fun? At the moment you race like on ice in the rain while the AI is lightspeeding you by, which is really no fun ans unreal. So I only do clear-weather races at the moment. But it would be more fun to be able to also race in the rain sometime ... but this would need a mod I guess.

Best!
MIke

I'm seriously going to be surprised if an AI ever lightspeeds by me. I don't think the problem is the game. Maybe you just don't like low grip conditions.

Thanks guys!
Maybe it has to do with the 'True to Life AI' mod that I have installed. It's almost impossible to drive in the rain. ... Or my tires were totally down somehow ... I don't know. I also read somewhere that codemasters overdid the low rain grip. I'll give it another try. I am pretty good in terms of racing-speed in general, so that is not really the problem.

Best!
Mike

Thanks guys!
Maybe it has to do with the 'True to Life AI' mod that I have installed. It's almost impossible to drive in the rain. ... Or my tires were totally down somehow ... I don't know. I also read somewhere that codemasters overdid the low rain grip. I'll give it another try. I am pretty good in terms of racing-speed in general, so that is not really the problem.

Best!
Mike

If you are using true to life mod and want more grip in rain just don't use modded surface_material.xml files and you will be ok.

It's funny, I was doing a heavy rain 100% race in Brazil and some cars did only 1 stop and they were still able to do better than me and pass me even towards the end of the race where I had scrapped my second set of tyres. How is that even possible.

It's funny, I was doing a heavy rain 100% race in Brazil and some cars did only 1 stop and they were still able to do better than me and pass me even towards the end of the race where I had scrapped my second set of tyres. How is that even possible.

Well, it should be well known by now the guys at that factory are absolutely unable to get their game close enough to any realistic FORMULA ONE cars characteristics as far as the AI is concerned. It's either way too slow, or too fast. Never in the middle (after four years).

To me there's only one word for it: incompetence.

Well, it should be well known by now the guys at that factory are absolutely unable to get their game close enough to any realistic FORMULA ONE cars characteristics as far as the AI is concerned. It's either way too slow, or too fast. Never in the middle (after four years).

To me there's only one word for it: incompetence.

In my opinion, the AI can't get too fast. No matter what they do, they just can't make a computer drive better than a real person. At least not in the next 1-2 years. A real person thinks, sees, the PC just calculates.

I'm having absolutely no problems if they manage to make the AI too fast. I'll just lower the difficulty and have some serious fun! Unfortunately, I don't see this game fun even with a Marussia against Legend AI. Even if the AI is faster on some tracks, it's not fun as I drive a slowass car and have 3 times less downforce, so it just isn't right.

In my opinion, the AI can't get too fast. No matter what they do, they just can't make a computer drive better than a real person. At least not in the next 1-2 years. A real person thinks, sees, the PC just calculates.

Forza 5 has pretty cool AI that learns off real people, although without a wheel for that game its harder for sure anyway.

An AI could be made to be perfect in how they drive so could be better than a person who makes mistakes. However CM can't.

I don't have any problems with the Rain races since the first console patch. It's awesome now. The tyres don't go off too quick as they did pre-patch.

We just had a dry wet dry race in our league last night and it was so much fun. Getting on the right tyre at the right time is important, but there is some wiggle room as well between inters and wets, which is nice to see.

I'm having absolutely no problems if they manage to make the AI too fast. I'll just lower the difficulty and have some serious fun! Unfortunately, I don't see this game fun even with a Marussia against Legend AI. Even if the AI is faster on some tracks, it's not fun as I drive a slowass car and have 3 times less downforce, so it just isn't right.

IMHO, that's why implementing properly-working sliders instead of factory-fixed difficulty levels, in single-player mode, that is, is important. And their fake excuse about not having the time (in 4 years? Are they kidding us? What are they doing all day?) does not stand.

I play lame-ass keyboard since 2010 (I can't get my finger mechanics to work effectively on a gamepad, and I don't have the money, nor any space for a wheel) with full or medium TC, and ABS on. In my experience, from 2010 to 2012 and at my level(s), the AI overall laptimes were about 5 seconds slower than reality. Now in 2013, they're around 2 seconds faster than real life. Sure, this year I also can drive around 2 seconds faster than real life for Qualy sessions 1-2 hotlaps (on keyboard), but any 100% race at that un-realistic pace is finger breaking and keyboard keys destruction disaster!

Sliders would allow us to fine tune the pace to our liking (that's called: competence).

IMHO, that's why implementing properly-working sliders instead of factory-fixed difficulty levels, in single-player mode, that is, is important. And their fake excuse about not having the time (in 4 years? Are they kidding us? What are they doing all day?) does not stand.

I play lame-ass keyboard since 2010 (I can't get my finger mechanics to work effectively on a gamepad, and I don't have the money, nor any space for a wheel) with full or medium TC, and ABS on. In my experience, from 2010 to 2012 and at my level(s), the AI overall laptimes were about 5 seconds slower than reality. Now in 2013, they're around 2 seconds faster than real life. Sure, this year I also can drive around 2 seconds faster than real life for Qualy sessions 1-2 hotlaps (on keyboard), but any 100% race at that un-realistic pace is finger breaking and keyboard keys destruction disaster!

Sliders would allow us to fine tune the pace to our liking (that's called: competence).

Yeah, I agree. Sliders would do the magic of giving every single person what he wants.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 316 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 158 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%