Rain not working - Custom Shaders Patch 0.1.68

Hey guys, I'm really struggling to get the weather f to work with CSP version 0.1.68.
I understand that under the "Rain Debug" dropdown menu, I should have sliders to control rain, wetness and puddles. So I don't have these options at all.
I am running Sol 2.0 as well, and the recommended CSP for it is a minimum of 0.1.63.
I tried every version of CSP from 0.1.63 up to 0.1.68, but none of them had the sliders I was searching for and there no rain worked.

Screenshot (57).png

So I tried the recommended (by Content Manager) CSP i.e. 0.1.60, and yes, it did rain just with setting the weather, but of course I had no skies. Sol was asking me to upgrade my CSP.

I also got the full version of Content Manager, wondering that would be an issue, but it was no different.
Hope somebody can help me with this and if not should I just use an old version of Sol which works with CSP 0.1.60 for now?

Hey guys, I'm really struggling to get the weather f to work with CSP version 0.1.68.
I understand that under the "Rain Debug" dropdown menu, I should have sliders to control rain, wetness and puddles. So I don't have these options at all.
I am running Sol 2.0 as well, and the recommended CSP for it is a minimum of 0.1.63.
I tried every version of CSP from 0.1.63 up to 0.1.68, but none of them had the sliders I was searching for and there no rain worked.

View attachment 428917

So I tried the recommended (by Content Manager) CSP i.e. 0.1.60, and yes, it did rain just with setting the weather, but of course I had no skies. Sol was asking me to upgrade my CSP.

I also got the full version of Content Manager, wondering that would be an issue, but it was no different.
Hope somebody can help me with this and if not should I just use an old version of Sol which works with CSP 0.1.60 for now?
Rain is only available with “patreon” preview builds

I was facing the same problem and luckly I fixed it and working now,
So this is what you need to do :
Delete Sol, and reinstall Sol vesion1.5 "A Must, at least works for me", and downgrade your CSP to Version 0.1.46 and enjoy :)

Attachments

• AC.jpg
    AC.jpg
    780.1 KB · Views: 1,639
Last edited:
will the rain mod be avaible to non patreon subscription?

This is what is known, at least what they say, however it s been months now, and I believe (with my dirty commercial mind) that as long more and more people pay monthly support to patreon, it will never get released to the public.........lets see in the future.........
Anyhow I want rain only to shot nice videos, no other reason for me.....

Last edited:
This is what is known, at least what they say, however it s been months now, and I believe (with my dirty commercial mind) that as long more and more people pay monthly support to patreon, it will never get released to the public.........lets see in the future.........

What a disrespectful and misinformed thing to say considering how much time and effort x4fab and others put into content manger and CSP for so many people to use for free.

Your dirty commercial mind is a bit off on this one

My post on CSP discord sever:

Rain on windscreen (cockpit view) is still there with public CSP v0.1.62 upto v0.1.65

but rain sliders got removed from versions after bc it did not work really anyway, meaning you cant change the amount of rain. Just set one of the rain weathers then. It could be working in some way, But i really dont know how, maybe with latest sol apps from sol >= 2.0.

Also no car-physics affected and not compatible with sol 2.0, use old Sol 1.62 from https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sol.24914/history or default weather implementation in weatherFX

Atm 'new' rain_FX (wip, public when done) only if you become a patreon at https://www.patreon.com/x4fab . There you get a v0.1.7x-previewX, you can set rain amount in csp-rain app or with sol_weather app or probably with one of the new csp apps. Prepare for wonky stuff as always, you are basically a beta tester when using this.

Last edited:
Hi guys I'm confused. I have the patreon version (latest is 1.74) and paid version of CM. When I drag 1.74 into CM, it briefly shows up in the "current patch" but then goes away and is replaced with something else. I turned off auto updates. The latest version in the list is 1.73 (I don't see 1.74 listed).. I also have 1.69 which was the last one I bought from Patreon. None of these give me rain. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

I don't know what burger menu is but I will try to find it. Will this make 1.74 install? I never see it on the list, only 1.73.
On top of this, after I tried several times to install 1.69 preview then I gave up and went back to an approved non preview stable version, all of my skies were solid black lol.. My goodness I think I broke it ;)

Dude can you even imagine the amount of work they have been putting in this mod... Everything is available for free, amazing exceptional mods for FREE and you guys are complaining about having to pay a small amount of money to actually SUPPORT the modder and as reward you get the rain effects you all want so bad. Please... support the creators!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 106 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 81 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 54 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 112 13.4%