Rain in ACC is almost undriveable compared to Rain in GTR2

The question would be how GTR2 (since you mentioned it) treated rain, if it was just a matter of generating less grip like the wet mods for AC do, or if it went into more depth. From what I've read from Aris on the official forum ACC goes to quite some lengths simulating water amounts between tires and asphalt, water displacement etc.

Very dry opening post....

This reminds me a guy from a forum which suggested to REMOVE storm from the game lol

ACC has obviously a realistic wet tarmac simulation, you also have to consider that there are different levels of wetness. OP, you probably would be completely destroyed if they will implement viscous hydroplaning on rubbered segments of racing line....

I think R1 was the TOP combined with physics of initial release, even if there were no viscous hydroplaning. I like R2 less, but so many legacy AC guys likes AC way, so good for them....

This reminds me a guy from a forum which suggested to REMOVE storm from the game lol

ACC has obviously a realistic wet tarmac simulation, you also have to consider that there are different levels of wetness. OP, you probably would be completely destroyed if they will implement viscous hydroplaning on rubbered segments of racing line....

I think R1 was the TOP combined with physics of initial release, even if there were no viscous hydroplaning. I like R2 less, but so many legacy AC guys likes AC way, so good for them....

I'm just asking how well simulated it is, not saying to remove it from the game. What are you talking about?

In my opinion is crucial to have rain in a racing simulation.

Then learn to drive in it. In my experience it is relatively easy, storm is a bit hard, but drivable. You can even survive with slicks in storm, but you have to go really slow. In R1 storm I was doing about 2'17 with Lambo in Nurburgring, and with slicks managed to do 3'03, so to sum up you go slower in wet, and then it is drivable, though you have to be alert and be ready for slides, and thats it.

Also if it keeps raining during the time it gets more wet, I don't know if storm is at maximum wetness, or it can get even more wet.

R1 had bugged tires (at least the slicks were)...

R1 had bugged tires (at least the slicks were)...

Thats interesting. I wonder what the bug did, as handling went along with my perception through majority of R1. Was it the bug all the way through R1, or just for first days ? As I remember for first days there was something weird, but later it got much much better, I actually thought that I just got used also suspected that TC was bugged at first.

Without TC is very unpredictable.

Thats how it should be in the wet, you never know if there is 1mm or 3mm of water, also you don't know if the water will always escape from under the patch and sometimes if there will be enough irregularities to break the last film of water.

Thats interesting. I wonder what the bug did, as handling went along with my perception through majority of R1. Was it the bug all the way through R1, or just for first days ? As I remember for first days there was something weird, but later it got much much better, I actually thought that I just got used also suspected that TC was bugged at first.

Thats how it should be in the wet, you never know if there is 1mm or 3mm of water, also you don't know if the water will always escape from under the patch and sometimes if there will be enough irregularities to break the last film of water.
It was a bug until R2...it messed with the grip at slip angles above optimum, so slides were much harder to catch than they should have been.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%