Rain FX not working!

So i'm running custom shaders patch 1.75 (tried the 1.76 preview but for some reason Sol won't work with it) but anyway i'm having real big difficulty getting the rain fx to work, I have become a paid patron to Lija so I should be able to get Rain FX, i've fresh installed AC, Content manager, Sol and CSP about 3 times now and followed tutorials from SirSpats to the dot, however when I go into Sol planner and enable rain, the weather changes but I can't get any rain drops, my windscreen wipers start to move as if there should be rain but none is shown.

I'm really pulling my hair out at this point, the only thing i've noticed is that the particles FX debug says that rain particles are turned off for some reason and I can not for the life of me figure out where I can turn them on.

If somebody could help me it would be a great help!

OK, I thought I was going NUTS as the moment I tried to upgrade to a newer version of CSP I lost the rain. I'm a paid patreon for the project, so I guess I assumed that Content Manager would continue to download later updates for CSP/SOL properly. Looks like I'll need to go straight to the Patreon page and download? I currently have v0.1.76-preview136 and that works, but every time I attempt any update from within Content Manager I lose rain effects AND I lose access to preview136 and have to restore that manually from my backup.

Does anyone know what the latest version of CSP is that supports effects properly? Preview136 seems to have a larger performance impact than some other (even just during normal sunny daylight) and I would really like to get as updated as possible.

Bc previews wont be updated automatically. You always need to download them from Iljas Patreon and install them manually. :)

And wdym with "supports effects properly"? Which effects? CSP1.77p1 worked very well on my side, 1.78p1 has the bug with the static trees. But I need it to run the actual Pure, so I have to ignore that one.

Bc previews wont be updated automatically. You always need to download them from Iljas Patreon and install them manually. :)

And wdym with "supports effects properly"? Which effects? CSP1.77p1 worked very well on my side, 1.78p1 has the bug with the static trees. But I need it to run the actual Pure, so I have to ignore that one.

Thanks for the response. There are quite a few versions of CSP that don't render effects properly in VR. For example the recommended version (1.60?) renders some lighting effects only in one eye; that kind of thing. Once I got a stable system working with Sol 2.2 and CSP v0.1.76-preview136 I basically stuck with that. Would love to claw some performance back however, hence my flailing attempt at trying some updates. I've downloaded Pure 0.75 (looks like the latest one?) and CSP 1.78p1 today and hopefully that will work well for me. Also snagged CSP 1.77p1, which is the version recommended for Pure 0.75, I think.

У меня дождь работал нормально, я снова открыл игру позже, и она больше не работает. Насколько я знаю, ни одна из моих настроек не изменилась. Кто-нибудь еще сталкивался с этой проблемой?

Редактировать: я не слышу и не вижу дождь.
did you solve this problem?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%