Rain FX for Spa Francorchamps

Misc Rain FX for Spa Francorchamps 0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
This RainFX patch was too good.

1622837964727.png

Just to exlpain something for users, who will install this:

CSP track configs are containing all CSP feature controlls like material changes, seasonal adjustments .... and rainFX.

There are 2 main ways, how configs are loaded:

The first way "the recommended way", is by autodownload from the CSP github repo. Many people work on those configs to be up to date. So if a new feature was added, people start to edit it and post it to the github repo, so the file is later automatically downloaded if the track is loaded in AC. Also bugfixes is an important thing with this method.

The second method is by the track modders themself. They can put in a special config in the track folder to define the features themself.

What the whole series of "Rain FX for ..." is doing, it overwrites the track configs of such tracks. So if those are Kunos default tracks, there will be no "track mod configs", but - you prevent the autodownload of updated rainFX parameters with this. The community rainFX feature is much more detailed:
WugL8z7.png

But the realy bad thing, what can be happen with other "rainFX for .." mods of this creator is, you overwrite the complete modders CSP track config with this!!!

On CSPs Discord Server https://discord.gg/vkYBYes you can follow the development.
The track config system was developed to distribute changes with new feature for all people automatically. But this mod series will break it in most ways!

Last edited:
Just to exlpain something for users, who will install this:

CSP track configs are containing all CSP feature controlls like material changes, seasonal adjustments .... and rainFX.

There are 2 main ways, how configs are loaded:

The first way "the recommended way", is by autodownload from the CSP github repo. Many people work on those configs to be up to date. So if a new feature was added, people start to edit it and post it to the github repo, so the file is later automatically downloaded if the track is loaded in AC. Also bugfixes is an important thing with this method.

The second method is by the track modders themself. They can put in a special config in the track folder to define the features themself.

What the whole series of "Rain FX for ..." is doing, it overwrites the track configs of such tracks. So if those are Kunos default tracks, there will be no "track mod configs", but - you prevent the autodownload of updated rainFX parameters with this. The community rainFX feature is much more detailed:
WugL8z7.png

But the realy bad thing, what can be happen with other "rainFX for .." mods of this creator is, you overwrite the complete modders CSP track config with this!!!

On CSPs Discord Server https://discord.gg/vkYBYes you can follow the development.
The track config system was developed to distribute changes with new feature for all people automatically. But this mod series will break it in most ways!

You're the boss mate. I'm just a regular player who wants to see rain on track when I clikcked the rain button. This way works for me so I share people like me. I don't want to do bad for CSP.

Last edited:
You're the boss mate. I'm just a regular player who wants to see rain on track when I clikcked the rain button. This way works for me so I share people like me. I don't want to do bad for CSP.
There are many RainFX config available yet. They are automatically loaded, if you select "install automatically" in CM > settings > custom Shader patch > track configs. 3 dots on the right.

Maybe if you like, just join the RainFX track config creator people at CSP Discord Server.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.7%