Raikkonen possibly moving back to Ferrari.

The source is in Hungarian. You'll have to translate it. I think most browsers have a built-in translator.

http://f1fanatic.eu/raikkonen-visszater-a-ferrarihoz-allitja-a-finn-sajto/

If this report is true, bad idea, Kimi. You are going to have the same relationship Alonso had with Hamilton. Also, Ferrari has not been the same since Ross Brawn and Jean Todt left.

With Lotus, he will be more competitive as he has always been.

This is just a rumour, but, let's hope this report turns out to be false.

BTW, what happened to the F1 Drivers subforum?

There has been articles in newspapers that Lotus ows Kimi millions of euros for unpaid salaries and bonus money. Next year will be very hard for Lotus if they dont find big sponsors soon and they have also lost James Allison to Ferrari so there will be bigger doubths than normal how good next years car will be.

Next year there will be suprising results due to rule changes and specially the motor reability will probably be big factor in 2014 championship.
Bigger teams have shown their ability to develop their car faster during the season than smaller, less funded teams so moving to Ferrari would make sense for that reason at least. Kimi would also be get his salary paid on time and full..

Yeah it seems to be more true than people at first thought.

I can't remember the story anymore fully but what happened in 2009? Was Raikkonen put out of action when he went to the WRC or was that his own decision? If the former why would he go back to a team that didn't want him anymore?

Personally I hope Ferrari signs Hulkenberg and go for a younger driver with potential. Alonso can already win races and to win a drivers championship you don't need two AAA class pilots. Only gives friction in the end.

Yeah it seems to be more true than people at first thought.

I can't remember the story anymore fully but what happened in 2009? Was Raikkonen put out of action when he went to the WRC or was that his own decision? If the former why would he go back to a team that didn't want him anymore?

Personally I hope Ferrari signs Hulkenberg and go for a younger driver with potential. Alonso can already win races and to win a drivers championship you don't need two AAA class pilots. Only gives friction in the end.
Ferrari paid Kimi 17 million USD not to drive for Ferrari in 2010 despite having a contract, with the money presumably coming from Santander - Alonsos' main sponsor. So that Alonso can get a seat, obviously. That's what I remember.

Last edited:
I think its agreed upon by most that Kimi was muscled out of his Ferrari seat so that Santander could get their man, Alonso, in. After the tough seasons of 2008-9 Kimi was more than happy to get payed to get the hell out of what I think was a pretty toxic environment for him.

I also think that we get an announcement today. I guess Ferrari gave Felipe some time, so that he can announce the news by himself before the team confirms Kimi or Hulk.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back