Raikkonen / Hamilton Collide - Was the 10s Penalty too Harsh?

Well, an anglosaxon driver on an anglosaxon track, judged by anglosaxon referees....
Where should Kimi have gone? “Die Luise” just turned on him aiming for an apex which wasn’t hers...
This was definitely no divebomb by the Kimster! A pub server like, hilarious incident!

Last edited:
If a racing incident such as this has become grounds for a penalty we better stop racing before someone gets the electric chair for running a wheel beyond a white line somewhere.

This insane necessity to place blame and exert extra punishment onto someone whenever an ACCIDENT has happened needs to stop.

If a racing incident such as this has become grounds for a penalty we better stop racing before someone gets the electric chair for running a wheel beyond a white line somewhere.

This insane necessity to place blame and exert extra punishment onto someone whenever an ACCIDENT has happened needs to stop.
Nah in F1 they are so elitist that accidents cant happen.:roflmao:

• Deleted member 231027

let's make penalty's as consistent as Kimi his mood :laugh:

To me 5 secs would have been a more correct penalty, since it's not different from what happened with Vettel.
Mistakes in racing happen and he admitted it.

..and finally Kimi showed some bravery in his race. Bravo "Iceman"!
It's so sad when he's lost behind, with no skills nor talents. We want back "Iceman" not "Icecream" :D

Last edited:
To me 5 secs would have been a more correct penalty, since it's not different from what happened with Vettel.
Mistakes in racing happen and he admitted it.

..and finally Kimi showed some bravery in is race. Bravo "Iceman"!
It's so sad when he's lost behind, with no skills nor talents. We want back "Iceman" not "Icecream" :D
The incident discussed here, was caused by Kimi locking his breaks, an “Luise” forcing an unobtainable apex!
Pup server Niveau right away.

Similar incidents have been penalised 5 sec, that is already an heavy penalty given how close these races are.
Well I think the reason why Kimi got a 10 sec penalty and Seb only got a 5 sec was, that Kimi was able to rejoin and move on after the incident. Vettel however had a broken frontwing and had to pit so he lost waaay more time due to the incident itself alone than Kimi.

Well I think the reason why Kimi got a 10 sec penalty and Seb only got a 5 sec was, that Kimi was able to rejoin and move on after the incident. Vettel however had a broken frontwing and had to pit so he lost waaay more time due to the incident itself alone than Kimi.
There's a rule that the stewards should not consider the consequences of an incident when applying the time sanctions.
Now we're in a complete subjective judgement, with different approaches every race.

haha I wrote about the same on GTP: So it depends on the damage you have yourself or caused to another what the penalty is? Sounds random.

Apperently it is difficult for the expert stewards to make the right consequent decision and give the same penalties for similar* accidents. Next time they will say that it is 15 secs because e.g. the grass was not cut to 3 cm in stead of 4 in that specific corner (hypothetical)

* To me as an amateur watcher the accidents like: earlier Bottas (0 secs), Vettel (5 secs) and Kimi (10 secs) look the same and were about the same circumstances. But hey I'm just one of the 200 million referees behind a screen ;)

When it looks like injustice I always put this one on louder then loud:

And I voted "about right". But if that is right in comparison with others??

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%