RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hats off to you Warren. I tried the Viper there yesterday and though I was quicker with it than the Z4, I wasn't confident of keeping it on the track.

Z4 was more forgiving for me, though i think i sacrificed a little speed. It nearly proved to be a good choice until I 4got how to downshift properly:pissed-off:

• Rafael Pestana

It was a great race, thanks to everyone! It was my debut in club racing, I had only raced in public servers and with the AI before. I qualified 6th. In the confusion of T1, I was able to slip up to 4th. I was struggling a little with cold tyres and I made a few mistakes and dropped to 8th. I started getting a little more consistent and was able to climb up to 5th. After a lap fending off a faster Z4, I had a crash and had to pit with damaged aeros and suspension.
I exited the pits and tried to make a rehabilitation race. I finished third to last.

Sorry for everyone I touched along the race!

Watching the replay, I saw that my brake lights were flashing sometimes. I think my Black MOMO needs a fix!

Well... I think i am not a good driver for the racing club races. Every race i did in the last 2 months got a bump or something wrong with someone by my fault. :-(

Sorry to the red Viper and the white Z4. I dont know who it was, but these crashes are totally my fault there. I acted like a mofo under adrenaline again. :worship:

I was in the Red Viper. It was a race incident, I watched the replay and saw that you had no intention of bumping me off. I was a little unlucky because I got my aero and suspension damaged on that crash. I saw in the replay that you had a more aero heavy setup and short gearing than mine, you were taking the corners much faster than me, but I was able to get away a little in the straights.

Looking forward to the next race!

• Kyle Evers

I ran the default setup on the DBR9 and I was pushing the corners full speed but still managed to lose about 2 seconds every lap. Apparently I'm not very good :/.

Watching the replay, I saw that my brake lights were flashing sometimes. I think my Black MOMO needs a fix!

Thank god. Thought my eyesight was playing up:laugh2:

Yes you were pretty damn quick in a straight line. Think I got past when you were giving someone in the Seat room in T1. You hounded me for a couple of laps, especially at the end of the straights:nailbiting:

:jessica: Sry just saw this in the smilies list and had to use it:in-love:

• Matt Alpeter

Well I must say that I started the race none too happy. Between the constant chatting during qually and the aggressiveness of a few flying down the pit lane at full speed and hounding slower cars, i lost all concentration and blew what may have been pole (was -.310 on a few laps).

Qually : Started well off my pb set in 4th.

Race: Got a rough start and was 6th before the first corner, but I had a prime line and managed to dodge a sideways Ross and come out in 3rd on the exit. Pierre and Warren had a little gap on me, but I was able to keep up due to me starting with half fuel (which turned out to be a mistake). Over the next 5 or so laps I slowly closed the gap and began searching for potential places to pass. Pierre ran a bit wide in the long right-hander and Warren got by on the following stretch, rendering me even closer. Warren was off by himself putting some good laps down while I picked away at Pierre. Finally on the second to last corner of lap 7, he ran wide and I got by underneath. The next 8 laps were devoted to trying to catch Warren. He had a decent gap by the time I got by Pierre, but bit by bit I was able to reel him in, especially in the first corner, the long s curves, and the last few corners, but I was losing time in the chicane. Lap 15 came and I was right on Warren's bumper, sadly I hesitated before the race deciding whether or not to do a pit during the race and ran out of time..so i only started with 16 laps of fuel. After what seemed like an eternity in the pits, I came out about 15sec down from Bob M in 8th. With brand new tires and a yearning to get my positions back, I threw down incredibly fast laps and was making great time on Bob. At the end of lap 22 I got my biggest scare of the night. On the second to last corner I lost the rear end and my nose was headed directly into the left wall barrier. Somehow I caught the slide and the rear left quarter-panel came within inches of the wall. On the stretch before the chicane on lap 25 I got a real good run on Bob and was able to drive by most likely because of my low wing settings. Michel and Fernando were not too far ahead and they were my next targets, but not before I got loose in the last corner and nearly ran straight into the pit wall. Had a quick battle with Michel before getting by, then it was Matt vs Fernando time.

Because Philip pitted, we all moved up a spot, which meant Fernando and I were fighting over the prized 3rd position. Our battle started on lap 28 when we were behind John S. On the stretch before the second to last corner I was able to make a pass on Fernando and to be honest, I thought that was game over...then he comes diving into the corner and I realized it was on. I made a pass attempt going into the last corner and the stretch before the chicane, but Fernando always dove right back into the fight. Coming round the long right-hander we got bunched up behind John on the left side of the track. So John was leading, me right behind him, and Fernando side by side to my right. John moved right to let us pass, and I tried to hold the inside line going into the next left hand corner, but wouldn't you know it Fernando drove between John and I and screamed down into the corner ahead of me. That started lap 30. Coming down into the braking zone, Fernando started to slide a tiny bit, scaring me into a slide myself. I pulled off a pass going down the stretch before the chicane, but Fernando held his inside line and flew right by as I braked. Realizing we only had 3 turns left I got a massive draft and a huge run on Fernando and rocketed by on the outside of the stretch. After passing I tried to block the inside line, but Fernando found a door and blew it down with a rocket launcher. I was way heavy on brakes and started a slide with my nose pointing to the inside, Fernando locked up and was pointing to the outside. From that point we were two sliding cars and I was fortunate enough to be pointing the right way and corrected the slide to capture 3rd. Fantastic racing mate, video to follow!!!

Gunthar, I have checked my replay and can see what happened. Very unfortunate for both of us really, and I'm not sure how it could have been avoided. The reason I didn't see you in the mirrors was because you were tucked tight against the wall on the right hand side of the track. My exit was pretty normal really (in fact much wider than your own exit from the pitlane), maybe I could have kept a little further to the right of the track, but TBH it wouldn't have mattered. If I had been on the very right hand edge, you were still heading for the right hand side at high speed, and would still have hit me.

Again, I'm sorry if it cost you the race.

EDIT: BTW, I can see why you lost so much time with your pitstop, it was very long compared to others (except for Cam of course). Did you add fuel? Did you warn your pitcrew that that you were going to pit earlier in the lap? Both of those can add a fair bit of time.
Your pitstop in Race 1 was also just as long, so it appears you were doing something different with the stops.

• Sam Beason

Thanks. Nice render. Ack. I got the window lettering backwards. Ack. Wait. Don't Panic! :)

Bob L. you never cease to amaze me. I love the skin, I am telling you now. As soon as I get good at guitar I will send you my music for your review.

As for the skins you are great at guitar and skins kudos man... kudos

Another excellent event at RD (US), an epic racetrack especially in the “GP” setup, but this “Nascar” setup isn’t bad, far from it.

Practice/Qualifying
Finalized the race setup a bit later then I would have liked since when practicing the server changed session when I didn’t expect it and I had to utilize the “event” practice to finish it.

In lone practice test I was able of going into 12’s with Q setup and 13’s with a “near” race setup. Neither of these were possible since I was caught by surprise by the speed differences and different lines the other cars in the class were doing.
So at the end of the sessions a mix of my own errors and full race traffic with its different lines and speeds where responsible (I think) for my 1 sec deficit.

Nevertheless the Qualifying went ok, did the best time of the session witch I think it can be explained by the others also having some troubles of their own.

At the end of the qualifying session, DQed myself and prepared for a nice race from back to front with a car that toped at 240 km/h but… turned at 180 km/h :D

Race
From last made a decent start but was unlucky at turn one as I was “contemplating” the guys doing power-slides to my right, and the ones going “straight” to my left encountered my “teammate elect” of the event pointed 180° to me.

The collision was unavoidably, sorry Bob (head-on), so we both lost the front splitter. Both had to stop at the pits and dropped to the back of the field almost losing a lap to the leaders in the process.

From there, the race was a joy, I gave it all, never went lower than mid 14’s as the car even though it was repaired lost 2-3 km/h in straight line which might not sound much but for the car in question it is important… :wink2:

Sweeping those turns was really fun, didn’t give it much attention to the classification but noticed I was climbing due to other misfortunes and a few server “droppers”.

At the end when my front left tire was nearing 70% I wasn’t able of doing better than high 14’s low 15's, and I was prepared to settle for 7th or 8th . But with others tremendous misfortunes, a blown engine (while waiting for someone going a lap down I think) and an exit on the 2nd last turn of the last lap meant I climbed to 5th by race end.

All in all it was a very good event, off course I would have liked to do a full race from back to front and by race end, join the fight with the front guys, sorry but just wasn’t meant to be.

Congratulations to Warren our absolute race winner and thanks everyone who toke part especially to those who remained at the event until its finish. Thanks RD and event organizers/workers for another good race.

*Pit speed limiter*

I maintain what I said in the server in the chat after a few "chat lines" directed at me; it’s an “absurd” rule, especially in a fun event, but as with any other club rule, I will go by it (in Rome be Roman).

Folow this please...
Q: Do we do “in laps”?
A: No, we press esq and “fly” to the pits.

Q
:Witch is more "dangerous"?
a)To do 200 km/h in a pit-lane where collisions aren’t possible (in Race07);

b)Or to press esq and potentially leaving behind a “ghost” car with whom the others for a few seconds will lift the throttle, or in the worst cases, even collide when going by?
A: a) ?...nahhh, I think we can agree that b) is at least annoying.

Q: So why are we preventing a) which has no direct physical consequences in the event and at same time we do nothing about b)?

Just think about it… :wink2:

gt-pros.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USA
Class: GT-Pro
Track: Donington Park National
Start Time: 1:00GMT / 9pm EST / 6pm PST
Practice: 30mins
Qualification: 30mins
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 40 laps - Forced pitstop

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Entrylist:
We don't run an active entry list. Please leave a message if you want to drive.

To be perfectly honest, I also found it difficult to get in a good qualy lap due to heavy traffic and the differences between the different car types. All the chat and aggro was a bit distracting as well.

I must say, I'm becoming a big fan of the superpole for these events, it's all over much quicker, you get a clear track, and every tiny mistake can't be recovered. I'd reccommend you to throw a few superpoles into these events occasionally (if you don't already do that).

radicals.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USA
Class: Radicals SR4 190hp
Track: Interlagos

Start time: 22:00gmt - 6:00pm EST - 3:00pm PST
Practice: 30mins
Qualification: 15mins - Superpole
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 30 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Entrylist:
No active entry list. Please leave a message if you want to drive.

SKINS

...I must say, I'm becoming a big fan of the superpole for these events, it's all over much quicker...

In lone practice test I was able of going into 12’s with Q setup and 13’s with a “near” race setup. Neither of these were possible since I was caught by surprise by the speed differences and different lines the other cars in the class were doing.
So at the end of the sessions a mix of my own errors and full race traffic with its different lines and speeds where responsible (I think) for my 1 sec deficit...

Although I typed about this in my post I wasn't "complaining", I was just "reporting".

Traffic congestion is something a real life racer has to handle when doing a qualifying session.

There are other problems in our qualifying sessions that exacerbate the traffic problem but those aren't to be typed about in here I think.

I don't like superpole much and to be true it is more or less something I've to put up with.
The all concept of superpole more or less nullifies the grid concept but that again would be too long and also think this is the wrong place to argue/explain about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back