RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

That was a short one again. Am currently a little bit unlucky with my races. Qualy was not bad, 6th i think. First lap in the race nearly got bumped off in T1, afterwards I had Bob in front of me who was suddenly lagging (or was it me?), anyways confused me in the chicane and it finished my race. Pitty was actually a close good group I think!

Well, that had to be my worst mini friday to date.

Started from the back and watched the field go all over the place a T1. Went of myself trying to avoid the melee but did manage to pick up 2 spots. Now the good news is over and apart from starting on wets, going of at the chicane, pitting numerous times, getting a stop & go and changing back to slicks I finally gave up the hunt as I was now 3 laps down the car not handling so well.

Didn't much care for the track either, would have much perfered the full circuit. Ah well theres always next week.

Thanks to Ryan & RD for putting on the event and thanks to all the guys that showed up.

Thanks to Ryan and RD for this one. I love the Enduro's!
I worked on a setup, I had a fast enough car but need security when the rains came. I got it figured out by the end of practice and the car was just as fast!
I qualified near the rear but that's normal.

The start of the race was not normal, thru T1,2,3 I ended up in I think P7 on the way to the hairpin. At ten minutes into the race my wife cameinto the room and I was in P2 telling her that, "this won't last long!" But it did last for a long whilealmost til my wet's gave out and I hit the pits. I screwed up by confirming on the wrong presetup and ended up with just gas. I pitted a second time, ended up getting more gas and fresh wets, now I was in good shape! Ended up off in the chicane, back to the pits where the suspension was "supposed" to get fixed. Braking was terrible after that and the RF tire was worn in no time so, back to the pit for new aero and suspension parts. FINALLY, ready to race again and I was in P6, only five laps down!

Bob M, you were really lagging!

I had a good time with everyone that came close to me whenever I had a good car!

Well, that was a good race for those who went beyond mid-race (only 6 of us unhappily)

A good qualy session for me (P4, I expected to be lower). Not much to say, apart that was tight, not for pole, as Bob Miley dominated the session, but for P2-P8 where all drivers were in 0.2 secs or something like that.

Warmup starts and... Surprise ! It is raining on track, after a quick run on both tyres, I choose the wet tyres, and I change my strategy, I try full tank and no pit stops. When the race starts, the track is damp, I'm P4, when the lights are off, I take a not too bad start, but I forgot my brain in pits, so I forgot to brake on turn 1... Sorry of this, fortunately, it seems I haven't provoked much chaos at this moment.

I rejoin the track P16, but the first laps are chaotic, with many retirements and mistakes from all drivers, I am P3 after 5 laps, at this time, Michael Herrmann is dominating the race, and will stay in lead for long time. But my target is Dennis Phelan, P2, as it seems I'm faster than him, but I couldn't catch him after... well, can't remember, so I'll say too many laps... :p After I stayed a lap behind him, a try in the hairpin, I pass and he re-pass, but then he makes a mistake in the esses, and I could eventually pass him in the last curve.

So I was P2, at mid-race, Michael Herrmann pitted, and I was in lead, at this time, I had much fuel left, but I knew it wouldn't make race distance, so after stayed in lead during 2 laps (to have the honour to lead the race) I decided to make a pit stop, new wet tyres and more fuel (28 L, way too much), I rejoin the track P3, behind Herrmann and Artyom Aslamazyan who came from nowhere (I haven't "see" him in the first part of the race), so I re-pass P2 after Aslamazyan pitted, then in lap 40, Herrmann pitted again, so I was leading the race, but the last half hour will be very frustrating for me, as I struggled with the car (and especially in Turn 1, where I kissed walls 2 or 3 times during late-race), so I couldn't prevent Aslamazyan and Herrmann to re-pass, actually, I wasn't even able to defend my position.

But I finally finish the race P3, in the same lap as leaders, it would have been Herrmann's race if he didn't made his mistake, but he finished 8 seconds behind Aslamazyan who won the race.

Congrats to Michael, Artyom, and all finishers (sorry, haven't recorded all your names yet, I'm still quite new here), I wasn't particularly brilliant (many mistakes in race, wrong strategy), but it seems I was on a good pace, and I'm happy to finish the race on the same lap as the leaders. :)

Me and Greg are having the same issue with the cut warning, i think it may something to do with braking, a bit too deep and you get the warning.
And the bumps............15 laps of this??? Can't do 1 lap without getting '' suspension damage '' message.... even with just a little kiss of the barriers.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back