RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Finally race with real fast cars. It was great experience with open weeler. Nice high speed track for these cars. My speed wasn't enough good to real competition against the fasters so my role was just teasing fasters and making overtakes as difficult as possible :)

Qualification - new personal lap record :) but nothing more 21th grid, not bad.

R1 - finished 16th after so many accidents that other drivers caused - there was some stupid overtakes in almost impossible places, please notice that these cars are not made for taking contact with other cars (you should have brakes???) :D

R2 - finished 13th again after so many accidents that other drivers caused...bla bla blaa...again not enough speed for real competition...

Now I'll take a little brake from Club races because I need more time for practising for Formula 1 League but I'll be back soon. Thanks fo all drivers this is so fun!

Am suprised as well. The alternative event on Firday, the rF Caterham seems to increase in popularity (which I actually do no understand why, I am still not a fan of rF). But I hope people have just still a little hang over from New Year :)

Maybe it is the weather.... (guess that's just me)

Hold on a second.

First, as an aside - the rF Caterham is a great drive, I reckon it's better than the Minis, in fact. Purely IMO of course, but that is how opinions work, and it's not really the crux of the matter.

The main point here is: If you look at the rF Cats sign up list, how many of the people on there are regular Mini Friday drivers? 2? At a maximum?

The Caterhams are not pinching drivers from the Mini Events, so there's no reason why both events couldn't run side by side with good size fields.

Carlos - who I know from GTL - is joining, a cracking driver and really nice bloke, so there's still the new blood coming in.

The issue is regular Mini drivers aren't signing up to this event. That's the reason, plain and simple, maybe it'd be worthwhile to try and find out why not and address those reasons if it's event related (weather / track / whatever) rather than holiday related.

The issue is regular Mini drivers aren't signing up to this event. That's the reason, plain and simple, maybe it'd be worthwhile to try and find out why not and address those reasons if it's event related (weather / track / whatever) rather than holiday related.

Maybe it's the fact it is an endurance event, even I would have prefered join a sprint race event atcually (but it's also related to the fact it will be my first RD club race)

My post was not meant in any way as a criticsm, neither of people moving from one event to the other, nor of the fact that the events run in parallel. Everybody is free to drive what ever (s)he wants and if that means the Mini Friday dies, it will die (though a pitty).

My comment about rF is, as you said correctly, my personal taste and I agree that the mod is a good one, I personnally am just having trouble to like rF, but I keep trying it and even I have already participated in that event and I might do in future as well.

So in case you felt offended in any sense, I am really sorry, was not at all my intention. (That on with the hang over was meant why people do not sign up, not why the race with rF; just realized it could be read that way)

Hold on a second.

First, as an aside - the rF Caterham is a great drive, I reckon it's better than the Minis, in fact. Purely IMO of course, but that is how opinions work, and it's not really the crux of the matter.

The main point here is: If you look at the rF Cats sign up list, how many of the people on there are regular Mini Friday drivers? 2? At a maximum?

The Caterhams are not pinching drivers from the Mini Events, so there's no reason why both events couldn't run side by side with good size fields.

Carlos - who I know from GTL - is joining, a cracking driver and really nice bloke, so there's still the new blood coming in.

No, I know Dietmar, no offence taken.

I was merely pointing out that the poor attendance of this event might be down to some specific and easily remedied issues with the Mini event itself, because the Cats aren't really impinging on the attendance.

:)

Might be, but if you ask me, by far to early to judge. In one of the other events (I think Yves Sunday Muscle Car event) it was also realized that the sign-ups are (s)low this week. So, I would think, it is a seasonal down (what ever the 'season' is).

No, I know Dietmar, no offence taken.

I was merely pointing out that the poor attendance of this event might be down to some specific and easily remedied issues with the Mini event itself, because the Cats aren't really impinging on the attendance.

OK regarding the weather then:

So I will need to have a setup ready to go fro any of the STOCK GTRE weather scenarios... So before I commit the ultimate sin and enter a sesion in which I cannot ESC back to the garage without withdrawing from that session.....I should check SESSION INFO first! yes?

Help a brother out will ya?

first time in this cars, first time on that track 1 lap practice and qualy :flat: could not make it earlyer :boohoo:

result:
last places in qualy haha

Race 1:
tryed to stay as much as possible out of trouble in the beginning and there was a lot... lol
found my self then in the midfield. Man some great racing action going on there :p :) Followed Michael a few laps very very close lol then he did a mistake and I pushed away :)
P9 in finish

Race 2:
Start was ok. Then I did a optimistic overtaking move :7: which was not so a good idea :D I think it was Simon I forced to take a looong line into the turn :flat:
around P8 then. Defending position with Joao behind me pushing. Closed gap up to Martin. Me then trying to overtake in a not so good place :( Sorry Martin. Thougt there was no contact so didn't waited. Watched the replay now and I pushed you clear off :(
Joao benefit from it and pushed away. Will than in my mirrors becomming bigger and bigger lol. Tryed to make my car as wide as possible :veryhappy:. Was a nice fight. Me than with a mistake which let Will pass me :flat: Then I tryed to push and overtake back. Did my fastest laps. We 2 closing gap to Joao. In last lap I lost the car and crashed :flat: but no bad damage and could finish not loosing any position :) P7

Np Daniel, it`s hard to tell what happens sometimes in the heat of battle.

I think you'll find a lot of the regulars that actually made Mini Friday a sucess have been banned and some of the other regulars including me have gone with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back