RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Only have it in RACE On, all other games work like a charm. I get sometimes the message that my video driver stopped working after a freeze. Its currently -11C where i live, maybe that is the reason of the freezes this time, brrrr :)

I've come to the conclusion that those cars might not be for me :D,adding them to any other open wheelers :p...not much left for me in the Race series week by week....saw a nice pass in race 2 done with the power of pure track cutting ;)....cool calculated stuff....

Now wheres me V8 keys!!?!...

Thank You Ryo & RD

To bad still saw nothing in Race 2. And it also didn't jumped to Race 2 also. Already expected that.
To bad. Quite fun cars to race. Didn't race them before but i was enjoying the Practice and Qualification and the first 2 laps of Race 1. ;)

Rather interesting defensive manoeuvres tonight ... how many times are you supposed to shift lane to defend your line?
15 was it, or is just wiggling left and right fair game these days??!

Sadly that was the worst event I have done in these cars ... Gary, try again mate, I am sure you will grow to like 'em.

Rough summary:
Race 1 ... was punted by an apologetic buddy up the arse-end at the hairpin, turning me into a chicane with nowhere to go.
Rejoined in pretty much last spot, started making up ground but had troubles with avoiding some what may be termed as rather wild defensive lines.
Further along Richard, I think it was, started to spin in front of me and I had nowhere to go but to help him along with his pirouette - he might have saved it without my help, so I waited and was once again at the back.
Rest of race was a disappointed blur, waited for a couple of others but near the end I lost it in a raging fit of apathy :7:

Race 2 ... started 17th, got in front of a few through first kink, and after a 720 spin trying to slow to avoid contact at the wrong moment (ie mid high speed turn) I ended up back in 17th and following Joao through the debris and wreckage of what lie ahead.
Joao ducked past the next car we came across but unfortunately I got stuck behind what I remember to be a bit of a weaving monster, and was desperately trying to get past whilst not to take us both out ... eventually I got past somewhere, but seriously chaps, weaving left and right is just pathetic - so if you wanna race like that, please go back to the public servers and do it there!

Hugo dived underneath me and another car on the S/F straight in a big ol slipstream and I began to follow him.
Couple of laps of pressing and at the chicane I went underneath Hugo - sorry for the slight clip there mate but you were way wide and I thought you were about to bounce off the barrier and into me so having nowhere to go and not being possible to slow at that point, I just kept my foot planted to get clear of you ... saw you got back on line and recovered very quickly so I didn't too bad for you for long :D
A few laps later I was chasing something like 6th and 7th places down (Willi and Daniel) when my distance to the car in front went rather strange ... a quick + - and I found that all the other cars were stopped and I had been disco'd. Arse!

To anyone else I had contact with tonight, SORRY ... it was a bit chaotic out there and I stopped any time I thought I was in the wrong. :(

Anyway ... nice thought tonight on the track and car combo, sadly not the best of events when it all came together :(

Thanks RD and the Keswick boy for sorting this ... hopefully a bit more enjoyable next time for me.

Firstly thanks to Ryan & RD for putting on the event, cheers guys. :):p

First race since the festive period, so 2 weeks then, and it showed. Although the racing was good I had a great start in race 1 but then on lap 7 I binned it. Now to race 2, again a good start but made some mistakes and lost places. In the end I did finish 12th, I think, but still need to practice more in these cars. They are great fun to drive but not forgiving when you make a mistake. Still thats what racing all about, enjoyment of the race.

Thanks guys for a grt nights racing and hope to see ya at the next event. :michaelbanana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back