RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Ian Landry

I guess that everyone loves the Minis!! Biggest Sunday turnout in a long time:)!!! Now where is Ian? :)

It's my girlfriend's birthday tomorrow, so unfortunately there is really no way that I can be there, unless it really is the last event (of my life on earth) that I will be able to attend!:rotfl:

Have fun guys!

Ian

First time with the STCC cars and it was a hoot, hope I didn't get in the way of too many people :handshake:

The sprint was very exciting and manic, few people in front of me stacked it big time and I managed to swerve around the cars on the track but ended the race P10.

Feature was a little calmer, although I still need to do a few more laps round brands to get to know it a bit better :rotfl:

Neil, followed you round the back straights when you lost it and couldn't avoid you, started to go one way then your car slewed back towards me and BANG, sorry if that put you out but I didn't have anywhere to go :handshake:

Thanks to Simon for the event and all who raced.

While trying to get going again to get out of the middle of the road (hard with a punctured front on an FWD), Patrick came around the bend, and collected me wrecking my back and punctureing another tire. He waited, but then went on. Sorry Patrick, but I could not get going due to the puncture.
No problem Chris. I had some terrible lag problems first race, that is why I decided not to qualify. When I came around that corner, your car was invisible because of the lag problems I had. :disapointed:
After this happened I retired.
I came back for the second race and I used the chevy. It was a long time ago that I drove an FWD car and I think the first time I drove with the Lacetti :laugh2:
Qualifying went surprisingly good, and got pole with a 1.33.9.
Had a very nice battle for the whole race with Gary. I made only one big mistake but it was enough to lose my 1st position. I finished 2nd with a gap of 3 seconds to Gary.

See you all next time!

Two ding dong full on battle royale races for me tonight,not a brilliant getaway from pole so got a bit swamped at Paddock Hill,awesome Bimmer going round the outside of me and Keith(Andreas i think?),happy to be through and held 2nd place up to druids,i took a little nudge out wide from a slightly lary STCC Bimmer being a bit too ambitous there spitting me out wide and losing some places on his way to the lead......after some really great close battles clawing back it shook down to Keith in the lead and me chasing with no real hope,but always enjoyable driving Brands regardless.
Well done Keith,good solid job there.
Race2 with Pat in the Qually picture now 2nd was the best i could do,a much better launch of line but not enough to challenge Pat,all went nice and clean this time and i noticed early Pat was struggling with the back of his Chevy,looked very Bimmer'esque with the back end all over the place,this eventually let me get a run and pass on him,ofcourse he doesnt give up,i try and pull away,and just when i think its working,he closes up again,our battle went right up to pit entry!!,and i think we both went for a 4 tyre change with little difference in pit time,my delay a bit hitting confirm made a 2.5secs gap,very happy on new tyres and lower fuel load now i pushed like hell and started to close the gap,but the back end of Pats Chevy really lets go on him approaching Sheene's(Dingle Dell in old money),this gave me the lead with a 4.5secs cushion,so no pressure to finish.
Well done and thanks for the brilliant racing once again Patrick,and a very fine run from David Lemon in 3rd :good:.

Many Thanks Simon for another one of your S2000 nights,ofcourse thanks RD making it all possible in the first place

Race2 with Pat in the Qually picture now 2nd was the best i could do,a much better launch of line but not enough to challenge Pat,all went nice and clean this time and i noticed early Pat was struggling with the back of his Chevy,looked very Bimmer'esque with the back end all over the place,this eventually let me get a run and pass on him,ofcourse he doesnt give up,i try and pull away,and just when i think its working,he closes up again,our battle went right up to pit entry!!,and i think we both went for a 4 tyre change with little difference in pit time,my delay a bit hitting confirm made a 2.5secs gap,very happy on new tyres and lower fuel load now i pushed like hell and started to close the gap,but the back end of Pats Chevy really lets go on him approaching Sheene's(Dingle Dell in old money),this gave me the lead with a 4.5secs cushion,so no pressure to finish.
Well done and thanks for the brilliant racing once again Patrick,and a very fine run from David Lemon in 3rd :good:.

It was indeed some very nice racing Gary. As I said, this was the first time I used the Chevy, and it really has some terrible oversteer sometimes and after that a lot of understeer, but it was fun to drive :laugh2:

Just watched the latest Race One Vid!!!! oh man amazing again,this is the best way to see the action from races,very nice memories of our Stu Thommo in the Jag with me Warren and i think Kris buzzing all round him,enjoyed my cheeky Abarth finish there.

Music for race one movie "Arcade Fire - No Cars Go" :)

Im posting up some pics of both races this here is a few from the Sprint.

Attachments

• brands 2 wide.jpg
    brands 2 wide.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 179
  • brandsrace1.jpg
    brandsrace1.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 210
  • brandsrace1-2.jpg
    brandsrace1-2.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 188
  • Yates airborn.jpg
    Yates airborn.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Yates airborn2.jpg
    Yates airborn2.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 195
This is a few pics from the feature race. My race report will follow later.

Attachments

• bunch up lap 1.jpg
    bunch up lap 1.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 182
  • double pass 1.jpg
    double pass 1.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 181
  • double pass 2.jpg
    double pass 2.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 191
  • double pass 3.jpg
    double pass 3.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 196
  • double pass 4.jpg
    double pass 4.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 190
  • double pass 5.jpg
    double pass 5.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 192
  • pass on tennant.jpg
    pass on tennant.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 205
  • pass t2.jpg
    pass t2.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 189
  • damage on pit entry.jpg
    damage on pit entry.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 171
Superb evening, I like the principle, a fast race course followed by a longer stop at the stands! redone!

Qualifications very average for me, very happy to be alongside Chrisitian, I had not crossed him for a long time on an open! it is always a pleasure to run with you christian!!

First race correct for me, despite a small skirmish with a Volvo, I do not know who was the pilot, I am sorry ... but he was able to leave without too much damage. I finished 9th, just behind ... christian of course!

The endurance race was less well, I was pushed by Christian, who was fighting with Andreas. then I made a mistake irreparable broken car .. I would do better next time!

Nevertheless I spent a very pleasant time tonight! Simon thank you for organizing! Deeply the next!​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%