RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Dan Varner Corvette C5R 7:21.228

Incredibly ugly run. It did teach me that stuff that I thought was suicidal can actually be done, though.

EDIT -

Much prettier run! But not quite as fast as I hoped.

Dan Varner Corvette C5R GTP 7:20.566
Dan Varner Vertigo Streiff GTC 7:52.561

Think that's all the time I've got for the week.

Thanks for running the event!

Last edited:
There was a good car in the garage, I tried to put it to good use. The only problem were those drivers from the Dillon family, just a bit quicker than me! In Quali I tried hard to the point where I hit a railing but was planning on coming home with a slow time at the end, I did that.

During the Warmup my backup battery for the internet modem decided to go out buzzing away as I tried to and eventually did reset it. I was very relieved to see that everyone had waited for me. Rats! Now for their effort I was forced to drive fast and fight hard to be worthy of their wait and reshuffling of the grid, just so I could race.

A good start and we're off but some thought the race was the 4 laps presented in the forum flyer and some thought it was a 30 minute race because I has screwed up and not set the server for 4 laps. This meant it would be a 5 lap race :roflmao:. Fuel was discussed at the start and there was a 15-20 liter variation in what was being carried:cautious:.

On we go, Paul is off and back on in front of me and I'm off waiting for a car or two to go by. Making up time like a madman, after all everyone had waited for me, I pressed and closed pulling back a place. At 10 minutes to go Nelson and I are TS chatting about whether the Dillon's have enough fuel, are planning on stopping or if the race should be called at 4 laps.

We waited until 1st and 2nd [the Dillon's] had pulled off after 4 laps before I left the course, followed soon by Nelson. After the race it was apparent that Michel had won as he was on top of the leaderboard. Nelson had won because he had seen himself on the Results Monitor as leader and April had won because she finished four laps about 50 seconds ahead of Paul.

Clearly someone deserved the win. I did not as all I can do is create one mistake after another. April had the grip and speed on the course so sorry Nelson, you're going to have to hold off on adding another victory to your tag line.:) Michel, you're a good sport and I have to ask, why did you wait where I was at the side of the track, you were not involved.

Finishers or not, thanks for your participation in today's event everyone!

This was fun! It's been too long since I last raced the Radical. And despite the confusion about 4 vs 5 laps, this was a fantastic evening. :)

I just need to get my wheel fixed. I spent tonight doing gear changes on buttons instead of paddles, so my thumbs are kinda sore. :p Though this comes weirdly more naturally than you'd think, it works quite well.

I'm having a problem with my internet, either my modem or the battery backup unit is giving us daily fits. A technician is coming Monday. I was disconnected during the warmup prior to the RADS race session by this problem, the drivers all waited for me to reconnect by advancing to P1 again and I did reconnect. I was not expecting that but was glad to be able to get back in. If if happens on Friday, I don't know that I can get back in so if I do drop out after quali, just keep going and enjoy the race!

Thanks again to all for moving forward to P1 again after I dropped out. You must all know that it's not what I would do and you had no idea that I would even try to get back. I guess it was just Nord's calling for more laps :)

As said, Thanks! :D

It was my suggestion because I had noticed you dropped out of the race and TS at the same time, so I was guessing it was your internet. David Kingshott had done a similar thing for me at Sturup last week, so it was easy for me to put myself in your perspective.

Yes, Dennis i'm a gentleman!
I agree to disclame April winner of the Race,cause she was (and she is) the quicker for the track! 6,50 is not so bad for me, but 6,20 I can't go!
For the waiting, i don't know if u saw the replay, cause i push u in the down causing a 360, and i would have a nice versus, as i can't go searchin' the firsts!
I has calculated 55l for tha race, but is it enought, not sure!?
Sorry for that, i would say that the head should go in pit to refreash their fueltank, but....!
Thanks to everyone , and next!

I am finally back from various vacation trips. So I haven't been able to to check the forums for almost three weeks.
Now I am back home, and I really really need my racing fix, and what a good way to start with these.

Sign me up!
Your name: Daniel Linder
Team/Driver: #7 Jack Daniels Racing - Todd Kelly

// EDIT
Also, big kudos to @Yves Larose @Dennis Phelan and RD for putting this event up!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years