RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

@Oliver Garcia Welcome to RD! As I mentioned when you were in the server, you need to change your Race 07 profile name to match your forum name. You can have multiple profiles, just copy the info and create another one as suggested by Bjorn in a previous post:
"For the in-game username, the easiest way is to create a new profile with your full name - however, if you want to keep your stats, configuration and so on, you can create a new profile, then copy your existing profile's files (somewhere over at %USERPROFILE%\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\ - not exactly sure, not at home right now ;)) over to the new profile's directory. Finally, you'd have to rename the .PLR file present in the profile folder, IIRC."

Happy New Year, everyone!
Seems like I forgot to sign up - In! Nice to see some new faces in our first event of the year! :)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201501):
For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Might/should be home by the event's start, sooo... a very likely maybe? ;)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201501):
For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

So I was playing Assetto Corsa, then there was this loud bang, and my PC died. Completely. So I'm out now. Especially annoying as I lost track of time on Tuesday and completely missed the STCC racing :cry:

At least now I know what a PSU smells like when it explodes :sick:

So I was playing Assetto Corsa, then there was this loud bang, and my PC died. Completely. So I'm out now. Especially annoying as I lost track of time on Tuesday and completely missed the STCC racing :cry:

At least now I know what a PSU smells like when it explodes :sick:
Well, let's hope it only killed the PSU and left the other parts unharmed :)

What a grid! New faces, veterans returning.. that certainly was a nice start into 2015 :)

Got some practice laps in yesterday and had fuel, tyres & gear figured out (and then transferred them to a setup put together when we stormed a public server last week ;)), so I could concentrate on finding some more speed today - which kind of worked out, although both @Reggie Blain and @Dewald Nel were beyond fast and both @Enzo Fazzi and @April Dillon were keeping me busy trying to keep up :)

Qualifying put me into P4 and with a pretty good start, I searched for some space right of Dewald - couldn't find any, though, and with the subpar positioning, I had to let both @Yves Larose and Enzo by through T1.
SXxM56N.jpg

A few miles down the road, I got a bit sideways after avoiding hitting Yves, but fortunately didn't lose any positions. Dewald joining Yves and Enzo made all three of them lose time though, so I managed to get closer again - tenth by tenth.
GJPWK5U.jpg

Soon enough, I caught up and inherited Yves' P5 when he went for the barriers after the hairpin - all while @Péter Bártfai was lurking behind me :)
STOt63z.jpg

Next up was Enzo in P4 and again, I got closer and closer and we had a nice fight during the second half of the race - while I didn't get really close, I hope I've pressured him a fair bit ;) Unfortunately, that fight was ended by a rather unfortunate reentry from @Carlos Ramos :(
AgYWP3G.jpg

With my steering crooked, it didn't make sense to battle Yves, so I safely brought P6 home after letting him by soon afterwards.
sRDiUGo.jpg

Starting from P3, I had another fairly good launch into race #2, gained a position and avoided the mayhem behind me. Both Reggie and Dewald caught up with Dennis and myself really quick, though, and 'twas still the first lap when I had to let Reggie past.
pqPHuQX.jpg

Next up would've been Dewald - instead, he spun out entering start/finish and with Dennis going into the gravel a minute later, both Reggie and I went by.
hyi13WZ.jpg

However, Dewald quickly recovered and soon enough, his Radical claimed more and more mirror space - I opted to not put up much of a fight in hopes of keeping April in P4 behind me. Which... didn't work out too well, as I spun after not quite getting the upper chicane right.
0DlfG7O.jpg

Unfortunately, another lapping mishap with Carlos allowed Yves to get past me, as well, but I reclaimed that position when he pulled the same upper-chicane stunt that I had done before ;) P4 it was!
PwI4duG.jpg

Thanks for coming out, everyone, that was a great grid size, hopefully not a one-time-experience ;)
Also, please be aware of your surrounding, especially while re-entering the track and/or while being lapped - try to keep your moves somewhat predictable and don't try to race the drivers lapping you if you aren't faster - thanks! :)

I opted for a slow lap in quali to place myself at the back of the pack. All I wanted was a nice drive without too much hassle or pressure.

R1: Not too much happening until I cam upon Gundars and Snr, those two were working hard . Snr made a boo boo and I was 9th behind Gundars. Just a few laps to go and Gundars spun in the last chicane and so I took the pole for R2.

R2: I hadn't practiced a start but came off the line well enough to hold the lead to T1 and lucky enough to hold onto the lead for over a lap. Both Bjorn and Reggie got by when I went wide at Rivassa. Behind were Enzo Dewald and April in a tight fight. They both got by me with clean passes. Yves chased me down and I tried hard, a bit too hard and lost traction allowing him t o easily pass me. Soon Peter caught me up, recovering nicely from his T1 bash and I responded with everything I had, pushing the brake zones and holding my lines to the end,which all worked out well.

Thanks to everyone for spending their Holiday evening with us for an enjoyable evening of racing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 88 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%