RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

stop%2Bn%2Bgo.JPG

Seems a good number ran into this during the event :)

Some great fun after that christmas hiatus of sorts :)

Gave each of the three "new" cars a go and went for the Audi as it had tremendous agility - got pretty fast in P1 and got pretty worried I might've cut a corner as a result. Checked back with the replay, but while I was very much at the limit, it seemed a clean lap.
All the more I was surprised to not quite reach those lap times in P2 anymore. Checked my brake lights in lights (haha!) of the recent pedal troubles, but they were off, so I blamed the 20-minute-racetest-stint, I wasn't going for ultimate speed, was I?

Qualified in P4 as @Aaron Channer didn't put in a lap, so I was kinda happy again ;) Had a fairly good start, launching me past @Dewald Nel. With @Matthias Klein getting a bit too close to @Reggie Blain's rear, I even inherited P2 for a while.
zqIOL0k.jpg

However, that meant both Matthias and returning @Arne Dopudja were now lingering behind me, pushing hard. After not quite landing an attack, Arne had to let Matthias by and soon he was past myself, as well.
BQhQ6Wf.jpg

While he pulled away, Arne kept on pushing and we had a great battle for a little less than half of the race. Through some very fun and clean racing, I got to practice my defensive skills a bit and might've gotten Arne a fair bit frustrated ;)
Yuyi5c3.jpg

He finally outbraked me in Rivazza (you all seemed to brake so late!) and took what was now a well-deserved P2 as Reggie had been disconnected.
La8gziF.jpg

I managed to hang on for a lap or two, but soon he vanished into the distance and I brought home P3.
vAId5lg.jpg

My start into the second race (from P7) was okay - lost another position, but soon went up to P6 after Reggie and Dewald got into each other.
iMpwqWv.jpg

However, both reclaimed their respective positions soon afterwards as I wasn't quite up to former speed anymore.
BDvjOsx.jpg

In fact it took an off (I assume) by @Gundars Brigis to gain a position, but I quickly manage to get rid of that advantage again as I greatly misjudged @Dennis Phelan's speed in an otherwise nice fight - sorry!
MLoZkXH.jpg

After letting him by again and losing a few more seconds to get out of the gravel myself, it took me some time to get by @Reggie Blain Snr again. With the end of both the race and our tyres coming closer, Dennis seemed to struggle a bit more and when he locked up his brakes, I seized the opportunity and went by.
JZ5NKmz.jpg

Thanks for coming out, everyone - see you around next time (with less cutting/stop-and-going, hopefully ;))!

Also, I checked my controller settings post-race and guess what happened when I pressed both pedals to the very ground? (Gaspedal = Throttle)
KCC6aiK.jpg

Yeah, that might explain something, I guess - just as the brake pedal was somewhat fixed :(

I actually just cleaned everything a few weeks ago while tensioning the brake spring in hopes it would take care of the pedal not going back to "zero" (didn't work in the long term, now at 10% deadzone). Not with contact cleaner, admittedly, but pretty thoroughly, I'd say
Sooo.. I guess its the potentiometers themselves begging for retirement, and I might've just obliged ;)

A lovely set of corners all the way around the track, In my mind I can only see the top chicane as a real one and the others just corners that are a bit more difficult than others[besides the cuts available in them]. This track was used, maybe overused for a while and it's great to get back to it.

I'm liking the variety of cars on track as people check out the other drives. We'll be doing this more often so keep your eyes open for a hot one. I seldom drive a Honda anymore so pulled one from the shed and dusted it off for today, it ran well but launches were poor as I hadn't tried them and 1st gear was wrong.

R1 was mostly just driving around, watching the action in the second lap and the pit calls as drivers paid the price of cutting. Good fun with Aaron until he got the last corner down better than I did and soon after an off let István by.

After some doing, we got to Race 2!

R2: Another bad launch and for most of the race I'm seeing Bjorn in the rear view with his car that has the big ugly black grill, ugh. For short bits of time I see Dewald and Reggie but after a while the big ugly taps me off and we both lose places as we struggle out of the deep sand. I continue to hold him off until his superior skills at handling worn tires places me behind him. Great fun though, both good races!

Apologies to all for not including the warmup session and for what seemed to be struggling with the shuffle that allowed Reggie back in to participate in R2.

Happy New year to all, see you in a Radical!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back