RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Thats just insane racing! ooooof I am tired and a bit cranky from the stress. LOL

If it puts your mind at ease, this won;t be a weekly thing, but it will show up again in the future after your therapy has worked out your stress issues and panick attacks subside!

I have to give a shout to FRANK ANDERSON for sticking it out in this event. This was not rookie frindly in any shape or form and I thought you did a fantastic job coping out there!

my Race report goes like this: R 1 @ Falkenberg 4th and happy. Gotta give props to Ryan for pitting one lap before me and squeaking by me in the stop sequence.

R2 Knutstorp finish P3 after Rhys stuffs it up the hill and looks kinda comical coming back to the racing surface..........Ryan passed me in T1 from a silly inside angle that I thought he'd never make stick. a bit of a racing tap on my door and he was by..........um but then rolls it 30 seconds later!

R3 Valer...I just bounced off everything here and cut alot of grass and sand. Car felt pretty crappy th whole race and I couldn't connect with the layout at all.....MOrtality is realized..................

C yall soon!

We have a V8 Supercars event to,morrow night, WTCC 87 Sunday night

and a Monster GT Sports event on Monday! Join up for one if you can!

Well that was fun, challenging, and disapointing. I had some great battles with Kevin, we seemed to always be near each other from one track to the next. I am generally better at short tracks, and Warren Dawes and I started the friday events on these tracks way back when, but it turns out I can drive the audi semi fast in qualy cause I know the track but when it comes to getting it around 13 laps I found it a very difficult car to handle. I suspect my setup was all wrong, that and I did not hit my pit stop properly one time. I had to do the backup, go forward to get the pit guys to move. Really a great event though, I was just dripping with sweat at the end of Valer.
Anyway, great night of racing all, and see you next time. :)

Entry List:

1. Linus BRostrom
  2. Eric Nelson ( BAM! )
  3. Keith Barrick
  4. Michael van Scheppingen
  5. Michael Carver
  6. Willie Watt
  7. Glenn Peterson
  8. Rhys Gardiner
  9. Bill Kaiser
  10. Yves LArose
  11. Ryan Callan
  12. Paul Wood
  13. Robert Isles
  14. Daniel Wood
  15. driver
  16. driver
  17. driver
  18. driver
  19. driver
  20. driver
  21. driver
  22. driver
  23. Stefan Werner (maybe)
  24. Marty Pierce ( dusty?)
  25. Tyler Scurlock (maybe)

Was a good racing event guys! Had a lot of fun!

Falkenberg: disco in/after quali, don't know. I was in P3 but 2 guys didn't have a time so I think it was during quali.

Knutstorp: qualied 5th, caught up by the 1st corner accident and after that I felt like I lost a bit of downforce. Then I had Stefan behind me for a few laps, he was really agressive, even knocked me a few times but it was allright as it was never big enough to send me off. I decided to pit in lap 4 to try and pass some cars ahead me and get out of that situation where I had to watch back and forward at the same time:) Then 1 or 2 laps later I saw Stefan also coming out of pits, and I watch so much where he gets out that I lost my braking point and went to the gravel TRAP. Seriously that gravel trap outside T1 sticks like hell! Finished 8th at the end with Ryan ahead me, I catched him but couldn't get close enough to pass!

Valer: Started 3rd, Rhys said he's going to the pits in lap 6 so I decided to stay out for another lap. Couldn't pass them (Rhys and Emil) though in pits, but this problem was solved after Rhys touched Emil a bit and I slipped through. Then Emil was coming behind really close but I could stay ahead and won.

Really great racing event! God I almost say night always while here it's actually morning!:)

Thx Eric and RD for setting this up!

Fun. Fun! FUN!

This was fun, if I didn't make that clear already. I think second is a good word to sum this up with. I was second in well.. everything. Second in all qualifying sessions and second in all the races.

Race 1: Started second behind Keith, drove past him in the chicane after a decent start. He was not letting go of my back bumper, so I gambled by going in to the pits earlier than Keith. It didn't really work. Got caught up in traffic on my out-lap so Keith overtook me in the pits. I was catching him though, but it just wasn't enough, so I finished second.

Race 2: Again, second behind Keith. I got a bad start and was third after the first corner. I slightly hit Rhys going up the crest putting him slightly sideways and on the return slide he hit me, so I got what I deserved quickly. Worked my way up from sixth or seventh to second. A fun race.

Race 3: Started second. Got a great start and overtook pole-sitter Rhys off the line. I had built up a two-second gap when it was time for the pitstop. Then I managed to screw up. I was just coming up behind Frank, to lap him just before the last corner. He was nice to brake to let me past, only that he then was going rather slowly and "blocked" the pit entrance and at the same time my over-caffeinated brain just thought that he was pitting as well so nothing more about that. Until I realized that he might not pit and took avoiding action just as he turned in for the corner. A bit of a bump was the result.. Really sorry about that one Frank!

Anyway, managed to pit and leave the pits in first place with Rhys in close pursuit. When braking after the long straight Rhys locked up(?) and managed to nudge me slightly making me loose my backend, letting Péter through to first place. Oh well. I finished second. I just had that strange déjà-vu-feeling at that point. Don't know why... ;)

A great event. Really fun talking to you guys on TS as well. I really hope that I'm nuts enough to do this again soon, because the racing is great. Oh, look. The sun is back up. And it is going to be a beautiful day. Too bad I'm missing most of it... 6 A.M.. Time for bed!

My Head is just a spinning mess at the moment,feels like i have been in a spin dryer for the last hour and a half.3 races one after another in quick succession ,what a blast.Big ups to Eric for organising this format,for those who weren't there you missed an epic event.My night got better as i got used to the Audi and made small tweaks to my setups for each track.These STCC tracks sure produce some close racing and had some great battles with William all night long,as well as Stefan.Michael,Eric to name a few.Looking forward to our next event ,but maybe we should stick to one track for now or Eric Will have a big therapy bill on his hands

Well, my night was a mixed bag of fortunes. lol Things looked fairly good in the practice sessions, but good god, I couldn't launch this Audi for the life of me.

R1: Started third and lost two positions at the start. Both Eric and Rhys in front of me seemed to be struggling for grip and eventually Eric went wide and I got under him. He tried to close the door on me and there was contact as he bounced off my drivers side door. In P4 now, I was closing on Rhys, who soon ran wide in the final turn and I moved up into P3. I was able to open a bit of a gap and could see Keith up in the distance. All of us pitted at the end of lap 7. My pit crew seemingly forgot I was coming and it took forever til I got going again. Both Eric and Rhys exited before me. In the end though it really didn't matter as my car came to a stop in the last turn, having run out of gas. Doh!

R2: Had a bit of a rolled in quali which saw me 13th on the grid. Got a reasonable start and made up a few positions, but got rear ended at the end of the straight sending me off into the sandbox and down to last place. Despite having taken on suspension damage things started to get better from there. I had fairly good pace compared to those around me and was gaining ground quickly. Had some tough battles and found it near impossible to pass. My pit stop went much smoother this time as well, actually making up ground in the pits. I finished 6th.

R3: Starting from 4th I got another horrible start loosing 2 or 3 positions right off the bat. Eric seemed to have blown all his good luck charms in the previous rounds and was struggling to keep it between the white lines allowing me to slip back through. I had a tough battle with Kevin. I had pace on him, but I just couldn't seem to make it stick. Followed him into the pits at the end of lap 7 and managed to come out just ahead of him in 5th. The rest of my race was pretty lonely. Ryan had a good 5+ second gap and while I was able to pull a couple of tenths on him a lap, there was no way I was gonna catch him without him making a big mistake. So I just settled in to a rhythm and tried to bring it home in one piece. Finished 5th

On another note, seems Eric made some more changes to the ranking system. I lost nearly 150 points while we were racing. lol.

Any ways, great event Eric. Love these tracks and the format! Looking forward to more of this style of events in the future. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back