RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well this was beyond demanding and I thought everyone did an excellent job of racing tight and trying to keep it clean.

Q: I decided on the Seat as it just drove so well lap after lap. I grid P3 and am pleased with the result. At one point, I am P2 but get clipped by Marty who beats me by .100. I beat Ryan by Exactly .100. Its a tight grid and obvious it will be a real dog fight for 17 laps and no pitstop.

R1 : I am chasing Marty right off and we have a great battle for about 5 laps til he runs wide int he slow left after the jump. I seperate myself from he and Ryan while cahsing Keith. Keith and I have a monster battle til lap 13 trading time in the .3 range along each lap. I eat at him for abit, he extends his lead, back and forth. IN the end I make amistake and settle in to maintain 2nd as I cannot catch Keith.

R2: well I am 7th on the grid with Keith right behind in 8th. I know if I can saty in front of Keith I can drive well enough to possibly beat him in R2. the lights go off and I get one of my best starts ever! I am passing cars wholesale! I get in between Ryan and Michael with Paul making it 4 WIDE on the outside! WOW! I get a 1/2 length past michael and hop ehe'll brake early foer T1, Well Ryan moves a hair left into me, I get a tap from michael and this sends me sliding towards Paul. I hit Paul and then get anotther tag from Michael that sends me out of control into the barrier and the nose pops off like Jiffy POP!

Really sorry about that guys. I reviewed the replay and it's really just a racing incident from all sides as best I can tell. apologies stil to those who ended up damaged from the incident. I soldier on fot the remainder of the race with a car thats just not very good. I come home 13th.

Waht an amazing event! Attached a couple pics fro fun. Ryans incident with MArty and a stil shot of us 4 wide!

Results from each session as well. Notice how relaxed Ryan looks in the car while he's getting crushed? Uncanny bravery................LOL

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2010-05-14 21-57-24-04.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-14 21-57-24-04.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Race_Steam 2010-05-14 22-35-46-03.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-14 22-35-46-03.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 178
  • Race_Steam 2010-05-14 23-02-37-44.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-14 23-02-37-44.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 195
  • Race_Steam 2010-05-14 23-03-50-56.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-14 23-03-50-56.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Race_Steam 2010-05-14 23-10-52-04.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-14 23-10-52-04.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Race_Steam 2010-05-14 23-11-26-11.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-14 23-11-26-11.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 167
  • Race_Steam 2010-05-14 23-30-16-70.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-14 23-30-16-70.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 165
  • Race_Steam 2010-05-14 23-31-17-43.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-14 23-31-17-43.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 200
  • Race_Steam 2010-05-14 23-31-34-55.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-14 23-31-34-55.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 148
Since I gotta work this weekend (punishment for being off and able to run the 2 Mini Events in the middle of the week), who know when (or if) I will get a chance to write a proper race report.

Qualifying 9th, which was okay since my strategy was to conserve tires which meant I "shouldn't" push early. However, not everyone on the track behind me (or in front of me) thought that was a prudent thing to do. So I ended up pushing harder than I wanted to and not to cause an incident, as this track offers few clean passing opportunities. While I was forced to press harder than I wanted, I still played it "soft" in most of the demanding turns. Managed, to pull out a 6th in the first race, due to others having chewed up or shredding their tires.

2nd race, been there too often and nothing good usually came of it, 2nd row on the grid. Now it's going to be real tough conserving tires for 17 laps. Went ahead and let a couple go by on the 1st lap until I found a small cushion to fall back on my race strategy. Luckily folks behind me were getting into trouble, which gave me some breathing space. Luckily again, folks in front of me tangled, and my luck held out, in that I was able to avoid getting involved. Eventually settled into 2nd (what gives, I only recall being their for a split second or two at the beginning of a race 2 after the inverted grid -- didn't really know what to do). I tried to forget about 2nd (yeh sure!) and just work on consistent laps that would conserve my tires. Kept checking my times to see how I was doing, and damn it I running too fast of laps to keep tires under me until the end. Rhys has found himself a comfortable lead in 1st (4-5 seconds most of the time -- but dropped once in awhile due to some bobbles -- but nothing major). Mostly have a 2-3 second cushion on the cars behind me, but I never really found out who it might be, which bothered me, since I didn't know how hard to press or how much to relax.

Laps are beginning to wind down and I just know this is too good to be true, still running 2nd with some of the finest and fastest drivers of Race Department. "Hit your marks, don't press too hard". Yeah, shut up! If I don't screw up, I may just manage a 3rd, which won't be that shabby, considering the field behind me.

Rhys is keeping a fairly consistent lead, so I know at least there is no need to press, as I will never get there. Gap behind me is beginning to shrink. I still don't know who the hell is back there, and know that who ever it is, the gap won't last. I finally get a glance in the rear view and see one of the Kiwi-Green cars from Down-Under and it ain't getting any smaller.

The front tires are really beginning to show the abuse I threw at them trying to hold onto 2nd. Gotta slow down to go fast. Yeah, you're full of it, going slower is making me go slower. But at least it is keeping me on track. The gap to Rhys, in 1st is shrinking just a little ... he's abusing those tires again. But the gap to Paul Woods (yep the Kiwi-Green car) is shrinking fast.

Maybe, just maybe, I can keep it together long enough to eek out a legitimate podium finish. Looking back up in the rear view mirror tells me it ain't gonna happen, I can now see Paul's eyes through his helmet shield. This is not gonna last. The only thing I can do is run even slower and drive defensively and hope that I won't give him an opening.

Rhys saved my bacon as he over does the left-hander after the jump. I ease up, but can't ease up much as Paul is there ready to pounce. As Rhys tries to keep all four under him, it slows Paul just enough to let me slow down some more. Unfortunately, I slowed down too much (but at least I am staying on the track), but being in 1st means there is less air in the cockpit -- something about a vacuum. Just a few more turns, but then they are some of the most trickiest of the circuit and my front tires are cooked and ready to be served.

I can't go as slow I as I want to be safe, as it won't take much to ruin this for both Paul and myself. Paul is not going to lay back there when 1st could be waiting just around the next turn. Paul is so close that I can see the bugs in the fins of his radiator, that's when I dare look in the rear view.

Thank god, Eric was only cruel enough to make it a 17 lap race and not an 18 lap race. There was no way I could keep Paul from passing if there had been an 18th lap.

I am not still sure I can believe it, my very first 1st place finish!

I have to thank my sponsors, Owsley's Mufflers, CarQuest, Honda, and all of the guys in the shop. They worked hard in prepping a car and working on a setup that could take the punishment evil Eric Nelson dished out for us. I also have to thank my wife, who supports my passion to race with some of the finest sim-racers on the planet. And I can't sign-off without offering the biggest thanks to all of the great racers I have had the honor of sharing the track with here at Race Department, your are the ones that make it all worth it!

Thanks guys!

[URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/427584US_open_wheels_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/427584US_open_wheels_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/427584US_open_wheels_flyer.jpg"][/URL][/URL][/URL]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USRADICAL

Class: Radical SR4 252

Track:Bridgehampton

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EDST / 18:45 WDST / 01:45 GMT (Friday)

Practice: open server
Qualification: 15mins (9:45 EDST)
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 2x15 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

I tested this track with the Radical 252 and all I can say is WOW! Nothing like hitting th turns after the bridge flat out at 160mph! Fast and very flowing, this will be one awesome Radical event! Don't miss out!

And yes, I moved it to Wednesday night this week so I could race these with you guys!

Entery List:

1. Eric Nelson
  2. Tyler Scurlock
  3. Eric "amigo dos" Estes
  4. William "amigo tres" Nowell
  5. Will Marquez
  6. Keith Barrick
  7. Glenn Petersen
  8. Peter "no sleep" Bartfai
  9. Dennis Phelan
  10. driver
  11. driver
  12. driver
  13. driver
  14. Stefan Werner (maybe)
  15. Larry "amigo uno" Stovall (maybe)

Ah apologies at Turn One Eric, really not sure quite where you were or how much space you had :/

That invisible wall incident was very, very strange - I do look relaxed though don't I? :D

no need to apologize Ryan it;s all good in that incident. We al lcould have done something different, but we all did what we did and thats just racing.

Were you Sync'd up solidly? we used the USA based server tonight and maybe that made things tougher on you for Graphics stuff.....

It was a hairy moment and I wasn't really sure what to do, and I wasn't sure who or how contact was made, but it "felt" like I just ran into a growing incident and decided to motor on. I still haven't had a chance to watch the replays. I didn't think there was any place (other the pit lane) where we could be 4-wide at this track. What were we thinking?

R2: well I am 7th on the grid with Keith right behind in 8th. I know if I can saty in front of Keith I can drive well enough to possibly beat him in R2. the lights go off and I get one of my best starts ever! I am passing cars wholesale! I get in between Ryan and Michael with Paul making it 4 WIDE on the outside! WOW! I get a 1/2 length past michael and hop ehe'll brake early foer T1, Well Ryan moves a hair left into me, I get a tap from michael and this sends me sliding towards Paul. I hit Paul and then get anotther tag from Michael that sends me out of control into the barrier and the nose pops off like Jiffy POP!

Really sorry about that guys. I reviewed the replay and it's really just a racing incident from all sides as best I can tell. apologies stil to those who ended up damaged from the incident. I soldier on fot the remainder of the race with a car thats just not very good. I come home 13th.

@Rhys - Don't worry about the tap. It was more my nerves & stupidity that caused the problem. If we had TS I would have told you to go on anyway. I need to learn to settle more when I get up the front.

@Michael - Congrats mate, you earned that win. We were both chasing the same goal but alas it was not meant to be for me. I knew I had the car to win but I think it was just my driving that let me down. In both races my car was great right to the end. The tires barely wore over half way.

Ahvensito "Avenges"

First of all we must thank William for his choice of track.Ahvensito certaintly produced some great battles throughout the whole field no matter where you were,and well done to all the Friday Night Crew ,this technical ,tyre sapping track certaintly was a test of skill.Qual.The pace was furious in qualifying,i ended up 10 on a 1.22.273,the times were all close.Race 1,made an average start ,everyone was on good behaviour,i tuck in behind Michael C still in 10th.For the next few laps Michael,myself and Stefan freight train our way around the track.Fully aware that Michael will be in tyre conservation mode i decide that also is a good plan of attack and am quite comfortable sitting in behind him.Stefan must have had a trick set of hard compounds fitted and makes a pass going into the downhill lefthander,i make it tough but give him room,William tries to follow him through and makes contact as we both exit the turn.(just a racing incident Willie)Unfortunately i am on my way to the pits after headbutting the barrier and losing my front bumper and sustaining suspension damage.I pass William has he waits for me and enter the pits in 15th.My damage is repaired and i also take 4 tyres to see me through to the end of the race.Finish 11th after some consistent laps which i was happy with.Race 2.Lost places at the start due to beginner error of not having engaged 1st gear,then i smoke it of the line and make up places going round the outside over the hill before the pits.Second lap round and there is an incident on the hill Pit corner and i somehow manage to avoid the mayhem.I am now in 6th Behind a very racy Glenn P and the Wood brothers.The Woods touch as they exit the downhill lefthander and Glenn and i get a run on them.Me on the outside ...on the grass.It's very tight the next few turns,end result i am in front of Glenn and Paul and Daniel are in front of me.At this stage of the race the Boys from Downunder held places 2,3,4 and 5...not bad.Keith is on the move and finally gets past Glenn and for the next 12 laps Keith and i enjoy some close clean racing....this is whats it's all about.Tyres played an important role in this event as at the end i think everyone was in the red tyre wise.I enjoy these longer races with no pitstop as it is sometimes not always the fastest that comes out on top but those that have a stable setup and can can look after their car.Well done to Michael on his win and second overall and thanks to Eric(e dawg) and Eric K for putting on a great Event.

no need to apologize Ryan it;s all good in that incident. We al lcould have done something different, but we all did what we did and thats just racing.

Were you Sync'd up solidly? we used the USA based server tonight and maybe that made things tougher on you for Graphics stuff.....
I think my connection was having a fit - during the first race it wasn't too bad from my POV but then the opening lap of Race 2 was pretty bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back