RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

These cars - so. much. fun! :)

Managed to get in some laps early, got to a pretty good pace and after battling some latency issues in practice sessions, I managed to qualify 2nd behind @Daniel Linder.

The start into R1 went pretty smooth and the two of us held our positions. Lost a sec or two as I got off-track after that.. left-handed-eau-rouge-clone? ;)
Daniel must've seen that as he chose to go off there in the next lap, as well ;) Now in P1, I could've slowed down a bit. However, I didn't, ignored the DNFs up till then and went into a post with 7-8mins to go. Fortunately, I didn't destroy the car completely and could carry on with less of a hood and more of crooked steering :/ Although I was now losing 8-12 secs a lap, I managed to bring it home :)

Starting from behind in R2, I went on to P3 pretty quick, IIRC, as Daniel had a small off and I managed to pass him towards the end of L1. With @Dennis Phelan and @Andreas Scholz parking for a quick stop in town, I managed to get into P1 again, but this time, Daniel was right behind me and determined to get a few meters ahead ;) Had a nice battle with some position changes until he managed to break away and gain more and more time on me.
Concentrated on not hitting a pole this time and finished 2nd.

Good race everyone, thanks for organizing, Dennis :)

Thx guys for an awesome race. Not much practice with this cars (however, I know the track pretty well) and after Q session, I were a little surprised I took Pole.

1st race looked good, until the car decided to make my life a living hell.
On the 2nd lap, I felt very confident, and started to push a little harder.
Should not had done that, because at the 1st slowest part, I got a little side-ways and overfly the hay barrier and got stuck there. Took 10-15 seconds to get out and I were rdy to pull out. But these cars are extremely fun to drive and I just didn't had enough yet.
After a while ppl started to drop out and I had 2nd position. Björn had a huge lead, up 45-50 seconds I think. But...

Sometimes I cached Björn like he had stopped on the track, and were not far at all in the end. So I thought "okay, lets push" and manage to close the gap down to 8-10 seconds.
But, I had to much faith in the car and made a mistakes and lost the time I had built up.
Finished 2nd and 8 seconds after Björn.

2nd race were pretty straight forward. Me and Björn switched positions a few times after the gigantic crash and the beginning. But after few laps, I called my Pit Babes and told them to lend a hand. And so they did, and when they saw Björn, they flashed their
( * ) ( * )

And soon I had a comfortable lead and never worried that much. Were close a few times to spin around, but manage to save it and took the checkered flag!

What a combo! Flat out 99.9% of the course and pure terror the last 0.1% :)

I had a good car, developed with Dave K on Tuesday. It had plenty of top end speed and a scaredee cat behind the wheel :giggle:

I blew my warmup lap for Q and then had an error on my first timed lap. Second timed lap was almost representative of the car. Bjorn and Daniel were certainly the charmers of Q :thumbsup:

Race 1 was the first I got to see of the speed as I closed on Andreas. On lap 2 he had given me plenty of room when we were close and when we caught up Daniel I tried to give him the same but gave until it hurt and I ended up in a fence, game over. :( We almost had a nice fight there.

Race 2 from the pole and Andreas there from a good start to run down again! I got that done but blew the corner coming out of town. I sat waiting for everyone to go past rather than block the whole road[ I only blocked 3/4 :D]. I sat there waiting for the last car to go by but it wouldn't, upon leaving I could see it was Andreas and guessed he was waiting for me, I didn't know we had contact. Sorry to have held you up for so long Andreas :inlove:.
30 seconds down and holding that for a few laps, Andreas passes David K and then the gap diminishes :cautious: but on fire, I start pouring it on and making attempts to antagonize David on TS, each lap faster and faster, past a PB and faster still as the gap goes from '.........' down to " :geek:. Oh boy! still just behind at the third turn[ really only four ya know] I can and do close on the way down the last hill as David becomes indecisive about how to take the last turn I get inside and squeeeeze past. Sorry David :cry:, but YIPPEE!

@Björn Golda

Ahh, so thats why you lost so much time. I thought first that you were slowing down so we could race together, but it didn't made any sense, because soon you were speeding up again, and then slowed down again. I was thinking "what is he doing" :laugh:

With three seconds away from the front row in Q, I prepared for running smoothly and wait for the leaders to plan their picknick. But instead I couldn't resist the fun and tried to squeeze the last bits out of my car!
Well, that had me see the trees in race 1 and I wrecked it in town in race 2. The long parts of flat out cost me my concentration in both races, when I had noone in front to fight with.

Very nice, clean and intense racing everybody!

Very nice combo, Dennis! And maybe come back here and go with the 230 hp car?

OK, I just hit the track in the car for this afternoon and found it to be a Bad Mannered Wagon compared the the cars driven earlier this week! Ouch, it took me forever to get a timed lap in, OMG there's only going to be one car running at the end of 40 minutes! I'd say more but I need track time so I'm going back.

WTH?! I entered the server a awhile ago to get some practice. Backed out to get something to eat. And now, when Im going back in, the game crashes everytime?!?! What can this mean?

/ EDIT

Sorry Dennis. Pull me of the list. I can't race. Something strange has happening. Something is eating my RAM, Prolly why I crash when loading the game. I have tried to restart PC and I have done a antivirus scanning, but nothing works. Might needs to re-install Windows.

Last edited:
Youser, a real shootout at the Sachenring Corral!

A big battle for fastest driver in Qualifying with Arunas the big winner, Nelson with honors and I could not get a fast lap in though I was fastest in P1 :)

By the end of lap 3 we were down to two white knuckled drivers :cry:, it was supposed to go to 14 laps. I tried to get Nelson to return but no avail.

So we ran some short races, trying to stay together until we ran out of fun , adventure and drivers.

The bad news, this high speed track was the killer living up to it's reputation.
The good news, next weeks race has no killer instinct but is still fast!

351411WTCC07flyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WTCC
Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
Track: Rattlesnake Point[Park] (download here)
Weather:
Dry
Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
19:40 GMT: Warmup
19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes]
Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Nelson Ullinskey
  3. Belet Michel
  4. Björn Golda
  5. Hristo Milushev
  6. Nuno Rodrigues
  7. Bob Miley
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
729537IFMFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IFM
Car: International Formula Master
Weather:
Dry
Games: Race 07, Race On

19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Nelson Ullinskey
  3. Björn Golda
  4. Andreas Scholz
  5. Paul Hurlow
  6. April Dillon
  7. Bob Miley
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
Server is UP!

Last edited:
955692MimiFridayFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Car: Mini
Weather:
Dry
Games: Race 07

19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:50 GMT: Race (40 Minutes, mandatory pit for 2 tires minimum)

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Hristo Milushev
  3. Nelson Ullinskey
  4. David Kingshott
  5. Nuno Rodrigues
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -