rF2 Radical SR3 XX @ Canadian Tire Motorsport Park - Fri 19 Jun 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hello good, looking at the race conditions I realized that the race will be only 30 minutes? For one race a week that is provided we could do two races of 20 minutes, or one of 40 minutes at least. I always want to run more time hehehehehe, greetings and thanks for everything anyway.
Hello @Marco Antonio Rodriguez , Daiman went to a 30mn race because he thought 50mn was maybe a little bit harsh with this car and for beginners.

I would be happy also to do a 40 mn race or even 2 x 20mn
It's funny you should say that because this is exactly what I had in mind when I reduced the race length to 30 minutes - if people are still interested after the first race then we would have a second. However, I didn't mention it in the opening post because I was simply going to gauge drivers' interest for a second race on the night. If people would prefer two "formal" races then that is fine by me, but in this instance I think it would be best to reduce the length of each race to 20 minutes.

reverse grid for the second ? Not sure if this option is available for RF2 and if Daiman can set this up on last moment like we would like.
Technically it is possible - reverse grids are not directly supported by rFactor 2, but it is possible to change the order of the grid as required - but is not something that we do for club races. Sorry.

The new Anglesey track for rF2 is brilliant too! *hint* ;)
Hint noted! I did see that Anglesey Circuit is available in the Steam Workshop, but I want to test it before organising an event using this track to avoid another potential issue like this week...

I've just spent 75 minutes on the practice server, my pace with race fuel level is mid 1.21's and with quali fuel is low 1.20's is this in the ballpark or am I way off?

IMPORTANT!

I have some bad news, guys... I knew the time would come sooner or later because it has been building up to this over the past few weeks. Unfortunately I have to work this evening, therefore I cannot join you for this evening's event. I am terribly sorry, and appreciate that it is not ideal for a staff member to pull out of an event that he is organising. Sadly this situation is unavoidable on this occasion.

However, the good news is that the event will still go ahead. I will not be available to provide technical assistance or officiate, but I will be able to administrate (switch sessions, and provide basic help) directly from the server. Also, if there are any pressing issues (such as a participant constantly joining and leaving the server due to a custom skin issue) then you can contact me by posting in this thread, and I will attempt to solve the problem as quickly as possible.

Once again, I apologise for having to do this (especially without finding another staff member to provide cover on my behalf) and the late notice. I will of course do my utmost to ensure that this does not happen again. As for the conversation that I said we would have after this evening's race, about future events and your feedback, we shall delay this until next week.

IMPORTANT!

I have some bad news, guys... I knew the time would come sooner or later because it has been building up to this over the past few weeks. Unfortunately I have to work this evening, therefore I cannot join you for this evening's event. I am terribly sorry, and appreciate that it is not ideal for a staff member to pull out of an event that he is organising. Sadly this situation is unavoidable on this occasion.

However, the good news is that the event will still go ahead. I will not be available to provide technical assistance or officiate, but I will be able to administrate (switch sessions, and provide basic help) directly from the server. Also, if there are any pressing issues (such as a participant constantly joining and leaving the server due to a custom skin issue) then you can contact me by posting in this thread, and I will attempt to solve the problem as quickly as possible.

Once again, I apologise for having to do this (especially without finding another staff member to provide cover on my behalf) and the late notice. I will of course do my utmost to ensure that this does not happen again. As for the conversation that I said we would have after this evening's race, about future events and your feedback, we shall delay this until next week.
No worries, s*** happen...
Much appreciated that you still will run thé server and event dispite your night shift.

I hate to let you down @Daiman Patel , bit of a health problem so can't make it tonight (have replied in the other thread too ;) ).

I was looking forward to this, hope everyone has a great event tonight:)
I'm sorry to hear that, mate. Nothing serious, I hope. Anyway, your health is significantly more important than racing - you're certainly not letting anybody down. If there is anybody letting people down it's me. :redface: I hope you get well soon, good sir, and we look forward to seeing you on track again before long. :)

Yesterday it rained in server on qualy session. Does this race have random weather?
The weather shouldn't be random, but I did notice the other day, when setting up the server, that the weather had previously been configured to rain at this circuit. I thought that I had disabled it, but rFactor 2 and its bugs have struck again… :cautious: Let me quickly restart the server to make sure that it has in fact been disabled. My apologies if this has caused any trouble.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 158 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%