rF2 Radical SR3 XX @ Canadian Tire Motorsport Park - Fri 19 Jun 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
CLUB RACING Flyer (SR3 XX).png

It seems that the Radical was a fun car to drive... so let's stick with it for another week. And this time we're heading to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park! Come join us - sign up for your spot on the grid NOW! And remember to stay safe folks. :)

Eligibility:
You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and TeamSpeak, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server & TeamSpeak Password]
[TeamSpeak Installation Guide]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM SR3 XX

Car(s):
  • Radical SR3 XX - [DLC]
Track: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park - [Steam]
Layout:
N/A
Track Temperature: 25°C
Fixed Setups: No (setups can be shared)
Start Type: Formation Lap & Rolling Start
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time / Weather: Day / Dry
ABS/TC: Low / Low

Schedule: (EU) Friday 19 June 2020
Practice: 19:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 UTC (15 minutes - PRIVATE)
Warm Up: 19:35 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 19:40 UTC (30 minutes)

Mosport.39cd58e0a0ed6a78c77b785d5fe50393.png

DRIVER LIST
  1. Daiman Patel - ADMIN ONLY
  2. Javier Bernedo
  3. GEO147
  4. Rogue Racing
  5. Marco Antonio Rodriguez
  6. Foskifo
  7. CaptainNoHope
  8. Wolfgang Loder
  9. Des Pearce
  10. Luis Bernedo
  11. Rui F. Martins
  12. Jasje
  13. IlPaoletto
  14. xoSx.Racing
  15. switch3d
  16. cagivariver
  17. MrMadlo
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
utp: 76 DP

SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:
These Radical races is being held because doing the GT3's and only the GT3's every single week will get boring in the long run. We've had GT3 fridays going on since the end of February, now it is time to mix things up a bit before it goes stale and the attendance goes down.

The Radicals are brand new in the game, so it is nice to be able to use them for a few weeks too, before we head back into the GT3's in a few weeks. The Radicals are not reall my cup of tea either, but I am in favor of some variation of content being used in the club.

The GT3's are popular for a reason, though, so expect them to return in the not so distant future :)

Edit: I forgot to add that Daiman is keeping the fridays alive as a stand in for Craig, who is the one who usually organizes races in the rF2-club,and is still in recovery mode. To do more races in the week we would need more voulunteers as admins :)

Last edited:
Shame, another week not racing, i joind rd for the gt3's cant you make the radicals a different league?
I do not have the time to host more than one event in a week... and in actual fact, I barely have enough time to even run that event. The only reason I am doing this at the moment is to cover for Craig. If we had more staff members on board then we would be able to host more events, but at the moment this is not possible.

But the two tracks selected for now are not the easiest to get used to the car, at least for beginners or average drivers ;)
Based on the feedback from last Friday's event a number of people enjoyed the Radical and Sebring combination, so I decided to stick with the car and go with another popular track. However, if it will be too difficult then I am happy to change the circuit if others are also happy with this decision. Maybe CTMP, or Road Atlanta? I didn't want to go with something too "easy" because then I would be criticised for going too far the other way.

I agree with you Colin. I join Rd just for gt´s or lmp´s. Another week not racing.
As @Roy Magnes has rightly said, we race in the GT3 cars pretty much every week. I have recently received a few messages asking if we could do something different instead, because people were getting bored of driving the same cars every week, and the release of the Radical presented the perfect opportunity. This was only meant to be "temporary" - in fact, at first, the plan was to only use the Radical for last week's event, but the feedback was generally positive so I've decided to use that car again this week.

We will be back in the GT3 cars next week, but that will then put me back in the same position as I was before, and the people who have asked for more variation will be likely ask for something different again or simply stop taking part in these events... at which point others will also stop taking part, because the grid is already smaller, and before we know it nobody is interested anymore. It's a vicious cycle.

If I had more direction on what you guys are interested in driving that would be helpful. All I receive at the moment are messages asking for "something different", but nobody goes as far as to say what they actually want to be driving in these events.

IMPORTANT

It seems that this car & track combination may be a little bit tricky, so we're going to stick with the Radical (for this week) but change the track to something that is a little bit more forgiving. I'm thinking either CTMP or Road Atlanta. Please let me know what you guys think, and feel free to make your own suggestions. I'll take a look later and make a decision, before setting up the server tomorrow morning. Apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused.

EDIT:
See the poll at the top of this thread. Vote for a track, or make a suggestion.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT

It seems that this car & track combination may be a little bit tricky, so we're going to stick with the Radical (for this week) but change the track to something that is a little bit more forgiving. I'm thinking either CTMP or Road Atlanta. Please let me know what you guys think, and feel free to make your own suggestions. I'll take a look later and make a decision, before setting up the server tomorrow morning. Apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused.

EDIT:
See the poll at the top of this thread. Vote for a track, or make a suggestion.
In not any mean I was complaining about the fantastic job you are doing and the time you take to do it. Event organization is always a tricky situation where you can't satisfy everybody.

Poll is a great idea even if I can't vote as I don't know any of the tracks as I'm fairly new to simracing, but I will stick to the choice made by majority.

Maybe alternate GT3 and Radical or any other class from a week to an other would be a good thing as it doesn't "leave" people off the track for too long if any of the proposal don't suit them ?

Therefore you can count me in for next Friday.

Besides that I expected more possibility to exchange setup and tips but after asking few people on server, most of them don't want to share because of teams related setups... that's something I didn't expect in free club racing with absolutely no championship or reward

Anyway thanks again for your work Daiman, I know the efforts asked to organize and how frustrating it can be when people complain but don't help ;)

In not any mean I was complaining about the fantastic job you are doing and the time you take to do it. Event organization is always a tricky situation where you can't satisfy everybody.
Well I appreciate the gratitude. And I know that there was no ill intentions with your comment - apologies if my response has come across that way.

Poll is a great idea even if I can't vote as I don't know any of the tracks as I'm fairly new to simracing, but I will stick to the choice made by majority.
I have been meaning to do more polls to get the opinion of participants, and to allow you all to have more of an input on the events in which you are taking part, but with things seemingly going pretty well over the last couple of weeks I haven't seen the need. Maybe now might be the time.

As for not knowing the tracks, you can check them out here - CTMP, Road Atlanta, and Lime Rock Park - if you want to try them out before voting for your preferred track(s).

Maybe alternate GT3 and Radical or any other class from a week to an other would be a good thing as it doesn't "leave" people off the track for too long if any of the proposal don't suit them ?
This did cross my mind, but after one week of using the Radical I didn't want everyone to think that we were just going straight back to the GT3 cars. Happy to do this, but only if people are actually interested in driving the Radical. If not then we could, of course, go with something else... maybe the BTCC cars, or something. Suggestions are welcome!

Therefore you can count me in for next Friday.
Please do not feel compelled to join, but it would be great if you could! And don't worry too much about being slow or inexperienced with the car. Just wait until you see me on track... it will look like when Bambi first learned to walk!

Besides that I expected more possibility to exchange setup and tips but after asking few people on server, most of them don't want to share because of teams related setups... that's something I didn't expect in free club racing with absolutely no championship or reward
Hmmm... that is a shame. I would be more than happy to share any of my setups, but I do not yet have one for the Radical. And with the GT3 cars it's a bit difficult when there are so many cars to choose from... there might not be anyone else driving the same car as you who can or is will to share their setup. Some drivers, who are a part of teams, will have setups that they agree not to share because they may use these for league races and do not want to give away their "secrets".

Anyway thanks again for your work Daiman, I know the efforts asked to organize and how frustrating it can be when people complain but don't help ;)
Thanks again! Hopefully we can agree on a track for this week's race, and then re-evaluate the situation following the event on Friday - I will be happy to have a chat with you all on TeamSpeak, and discuss what cars, tracks, and type of events you would like to see.

Sign me in please. :)

Here is my only personal opinion:

As newcomer, I joined Racedepartment not especially for GT3 but for a Rfactor race every week in a friendly atmosphere.

As some others, I find it may be nice to mix a bit cars to drive, so no problems with that, on the contrary. And perhaps as @Foskifo said, mixing cars every two weeks could be a better solution? Don't know, just a question. Anyway, I understand the lack of staff and time. Therefore you/we have to make some choices ...

I like very much your choice of the radical (other single seater car like Tatuus or UFS2000 could be also a good one ;) . I am very interested in BTCC but never driven it so I must try it before. :roflmao: Is there a good mod on Rfactor?)
So I was happy to try the new Radical but I not found Sebring the best track to discover the Radical. (Although Sebring is an amazing track). As newcomer in simracing and in Radical , it was really difficult to gain control of the car and to be competitive. But ... despite my difficulties I really enjoyed the race and discovered the track at night, wow! :inlove:

I secretly hoped the next track will be easier so I didn't want to sign in for Bathurst as I found the track way too much difficult for my level. (But I also understand that best drivers will prefer more challenging track). I like the idea of challenging combo, but 2 in the same row was a bit too much for me! :roflmao:

As you changed the track for a more "classical" and easier track, I will sign in.
Radical/Bathurst could be a great combo but perhaps after some weeks on easier tracks to let guys like me learn to master a little bit more the Radical.

I like that the track is chosen by the staff because it allows me to discover tracks that I might not have chosen in a poll.

But, (and that's only a proposal to help things), what about a poll for the race format? For example, knowing that Daiman can only organize one race a week, do we prefer :
1) only GT3
2) GT3 /Radical every two week
3) 2 weeks GT3 then 2 weeks Radical
4) etc ....

@Daiman Patel Thanks a lot for your personal investment and responsiveness (Changed Oulton layout to avoid too much collision, changed Bathurst track, etc ..). I really understand your problematic of full filling the race grid and yes, there will be always people less satisfied than others whatever you do. :)

@CaptainNoHope, thank you very much for your feedback - it is greatly appreciated.

As newcomer, I joined Racedepartment not especially for GT3 but for a Rfactor race every week in a friendly atmosphere.
I'm glad to hear that, and I hope it has (in some way) lived up to your expectations... though I must apologise for there only being two events each week. It would be great if we could host more races, but there's not enough time or staff members at the moment. Hopefully it will be possible soon.

As some others, I find it may be nice to mix a bit cars to drive, so no problems with that, on the contrary. And perhaps as @Foskifo said, mixing cars every two weeks could be a better solution? Don't know, just a question. Anyway, I understand the lack of staff and time. Therefore you/we have to make some choices ...

I like very much your choice of the radical (other single seater car like Tatuus or UFS2000 could be also a good one ;) . I am very interested in BTCC but never driven it so I must try it before. :roflmao: Is there a good mod on Rfactor?)
So I was happy to try the new Radical but I not found Sebring the best track to discover the Radical. (Although Sebring is an amazing track). As newcomer in simracing and in Radical , it was really difficult to gain control of the car and to be competitive. But ... despite my difficulties I really enjoyed the race and discovered the track at night, wow! :inlove:
Maybe switching between cars is the way to do it if people are happy with this solution as a way to prevent monotony from setting in. Happy to discuss this after the race on Friday evening.

The reason I chose Sebring for last week's event is because it's a relatively simple track with a number of straights, and a few tricky corners (in regular cars) but I guess they all became a bit trick in the the Radical. And I'm sure the bumpiness didn't help either. If I had actually been able to take part in last Friday's event then I would have seen this myself, and maybe though twice about choosing Bathurst as the venue for this week. That's why I have suggested CTMP and Road Atlanta instead - they are a bit more forgiving, but equally fun to drive, and will hopefully still work well with the Radical.

As for BTCC cars, there is this mod - see here - available in the Steam Workshop. I drove it a couple of years ago, and it wasn't bad, but since then it has received a number of updates.

I secretly hoped the next track will be easier so I didn't want to sign in for Bathurst as I found the track way too much difficult for my level. (But I also understand that best drivers will prefer more challenging track). I like the idea of challenging combo, but 2 in the same row was a bit too much for me! :roflmao:
I completely appreciate what you are saying, and maybe I should have given more consideration to my track choice. To be honest, though I may have been doing this for something like 10 years now, the combination will probably be beyond my level too...

Radical/Bathurst could be a great combo but perhaps after some weeks on easier tracks to let guys like me learn to master a little bit more the Radical.
Yes, I think you're right - before moving on to racing at more of the challenging tracks we should first give everyone a chance to get used to the car, which is admittedly tough to drive at the best of times.

But, (and that's only a proposal to help things), what about a poll for the race format? For example, knowing that Daiman can only organize one race a week, do we prefer :
1) only GT3
2) GT3 /Radical every two week
3) 2 weeks GT3 then 2 weeks Radical
4) etc ....
This is exactly the sort of thing that I would like to discuss with people on Friday, and based on that I then intend to create a poll in next week's event thread to give you all the opportunity to vote on any ideas that have been discussed.

@Daiman Patel Thanks a lot for your personal investment and responsiveness
You're very welcome, and thank you - I hope that we will continue to see you take part in our events.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 209 14.3%