Radical SR3 Released for rFactor 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 Radical SR3 Released 4.jpg

Studio 397 have released their second car since taking over development of rFactor 2, introducing the Radical SR3 RSX sportscar!

Built with the support and data of the official Radical manufacturer, the SR3 RSX is a purpose build club race car that packs an incredible amount of power into what is a very light weight performance race car.

"The SR3 is the next step up from the SR1 offering thrilling, cost-effective, high-performance track driving and racing" say Studio 397 on the car release. "First launched in 2001, it is the most widely produced and most successful prototype style sportscar racer in the world, with over 1,000 sold. This bears testament to its proven track record and stunning value verses performance and is surely the reason why the SR3 has been selected by the Race of Champions for the champions of F1 and other major race series to race, achieving the fastest racing lap at the last 2 Race of Champion Events. New for 2017 the Generation 4 engine offers improved reliability, better drivability and more power.

The new car comes in a couple of different configurations, with both fanciers of left and right hand drive variants catered for in the car settings options. As an additional bonus the vehicle comes with 20 unique paint schemes as designed by community members from a recent painting competition hosted by Studio 397.

Technical Specs:

0-60
3.1 sec
(3.3 Sec 1340cc)

TOP SPEED
147 mph
(141 mph 1340cc)

POWER@FLYWHEEL
225 bhp
(195 bhp 1340cc)

WEIGHT
620 kg

POWER:WEIGHT
363 bhp/tonne
(314 bhp/tonne 1340cc)

LATERAL FORCE
2.3 g

Weighing in at 501MB, the SR3 and its 20 paint schemes is available as a free download from the rFactor 2 Steam Workshop now.

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Studio 397, available to purchase now on Steam.

rFactor 2 Radical SR3 Released 1.jpg
rFactor 2 Radical SR3 Released 2.jpg
rFactor 2 Radical SR3 Released 3.jpg
rFactor 2 Radical SR3 Released 5.jpg

For more rFactor 2 goodness you really do need to check out our rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment. If you want a great place to hang with sim racing fans, catch up on the latest news articles and engage in some pretty special league and club racing events held on a regular basis, then pop over and come make yourself at home!

Have you tried out the new Radical yet? What are your impressions of the car? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I've driven around Silverstone in a Caterham with these flying past and I can assure you they have an absolute shedload of grip, they corner like they're on rails.

• Deleted member 130869

It seems this car has been given more efficient aero than F1, with less drag (Bodydrag base = 0.19). Can anyone who knows anything about this car confirm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Admittedly I am fairly new to RF2, so far it has been hit and miss, mostly miss. This car is one of the miss, unfortunetly. The FFB is maybe trying to impress, but to me and my CSR Elite, it is rough and does not communicate much of what the car is doing, which is my second deasapointment with this car, if I had to race a Radical, I would expect a much more balance car. The third deasapointment is the details of the cockpit, I drive in VR and honestly for a 2017 release, it is average at best.
RF2 has had some glimpse of brilliance for me so far, this car is not one them.

To me with osw, the ffb feels very good. It was a bit more rough than other cars, and i had to incrase filtering from 10 to 13. After that i have enjoyed this car very much. Maybe my favourite car ffb and handling vise at the moment. I heard that the car has very easy default setup and that with less understeery setup you can improve lap times.

FFB smoothing (which I normally don't use at all) to 3 seems safer for my Fanatec V2...gets rid of the excessive rattling.

I have an issue with the tire temps though, I can only get some acceptable temps when sliding through corners, just to loose all heat instantly on the straights.
When I tried lowering temps it turned out that they are already at minimum.
Raising them (just to see what could be wrong) results in slightly higher temps !

Imo definitely something wrong here.

Last edited:
Admittedly I am fairly new to RF2, so far it has been hit and miss, mostly miss. This car is one of the miss, unfortunetly. The FFB is maybe trying to impress, but to me and my CSR Elite, it is rough and does not communicate much of what the car is doing, which is my second deasapointment with this car, if I had to race a Radical, I would expect a much more balance car. The third deasapointment is the details of the cockpit, I drive in VR and honestly for a 2017 release, it is average at best.
RF2 has had some glimpse of brilliance for me so far, this car is not one them.

As you come from an AC background you get to appreciate the level of detail Kunos go into with their cockpits and cars, they are the kings in this regard imo. Whilst the radical in RF2 has a fairly bland cockpit in real-life it's not all bad and for me better than just average.

On my T300 the FFB feels just fine, different from other cars but not so drastically different it's hugely noticeable. I'm able to feel the road, feel the loss of grip, feel the tires wear off just the same as any other car. It may be with checking this thread and seeing if a fresh controller ini helps in anyway:
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/messed-up-ffb-resolved.56433/

My personal main issue is the lack of Quality Control over the AI, quite how they passed that in testing I'll never know as it's clearly an immediate issue (AI way to fast at 100%). Thankfully it's been noted and a fix on the way, unfortunately Studio397 have a seemingly different stance to me on the inclusion of AI talent files though, which is disappointing. (Also missing in the Civic)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back