Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Just realized there's no forced views on ftruck's rd server in opposite of gsce server and I made my very personal decision to only race in company of people with quite similar attitude such as using/enjoying cockpit view. So please sign me out.

Just realized there's no forced views on ftruck's rd server in opposite of gsce server and I made my very personal decision to only race in company of people with quite similar attitude such as using/enjoying cockpit view. So please sign me out.
With respect, I think you're mistaken. On GSCE it isn't locked cockpit view, I know some people race with hood view. On FTrucks it is forced cockpit view.

Either way, you're right that it is a very 'personal' decision, and no argument or offence intended (just sharing my opinion) but it seems rather petty to me not to race just because some people prefer one view over another. For example, some people need traction control (which to me is more serious than a view choice) - I don't use it, and I am slower than most, but I don't begrudge people who need it in order to have fun. I think you're missing the entire spirit of the club which is to have fun, clean racing, with people of all skill levels, where it isn't about the winning. Everyone DOES have a similar attitude in that they want clean racing. Like I said, not starting a fight, you have every right to choose where you race or not.

Last edited:
With respect, I think you're mistaken. On GSCE it isn't locked cockpit view, I know some people race with hood view. On FTrucks it is forced cockpit view.

Either way, you're right that it is a very 'personal' decision, and no argument or offence intended (just sharing my opinion) but it seems rather petty to me not to race just because some people prefer one view over another. For example, some people need traction control (which to me is more serious than a view choice) - I don't use it, and I am slower than most, but I don't begrudge people who need it in order to have fun. I think you're missing the entire spirit of the club which is to have fun, clean racing, with people of all skill levels, where it isn't about the winning. Everyone DOES have a similar attitude in that they want clean racing. Like I said, not starting a fight, you have every right to choose where you race or not.

If i'm honest, i can relate to what Ralf is saying, i wouldn't go as far as refrain from taking part in club racing because of something like that though.
Club racing is for fun, so drive like you want and let others do the same.
But i always heard people talking how leagues are serious business, and i'm seriously disappointed at the level of driving helps & tricks in the league by people who obviously should be able to control a car themselves.
I'd assume 10-15% of participants, mostly people that struggle with car control would use things like autoclutch, autoblip, autolift, unrealistic steering locks or hood views. In LFS days techniques like that were considered cheating by many serious racers.
Never would have guessed it will be the other way around with 90% not controlling all aspects of driving themselves.
Don't even get me started on H-shifting.
So, while it doesn't bother me as much in club racing, i can understand people that get put off by not racing under the same, somewhat realistic conditions.
I do not want to offend anyone, just sharing my opinion, too :).

If i'm honest, i can relate to what Ralf is saying, i wouldn't go as far as refrain from taking part in club racing because of something like that though.
Club racing is for fun, so drive like you want and let others do the same.
But i always heard people talking how leagues are serious business, and i'm seriously disappointed at the level of driving helps & tricks in the league by people who obviously should be able to control a car themselves.
I'd assume 10-15% of participants, mostly people that struggle with car control would use things like autoclutch, autoblip, autolift, unrealistic steering locks or hood views. In LFS days techniques like that were considered cheating by many serious racers.
Never would have guessed it will be the other way around with 90% not controlling all aspects of driving themselves.
Don't even get me started on H-shifting.
So, while it doesn't bother me as much in club racing, i can understand people that get put off by not racing under the same, somewhat realistic conditions.
I do not want to offend anyone, just sharing my opinion, too :).
Except not everyone has a clutch pedal, and not everyone has an H-Shifter. I do get your point but we have to remember this is a hobby not a real life racing scenario. Not everyone takes it as seriously as others (and some take it too seriously, imo). Not everyone has hours upon hours to learn to race without autoclutch, autoblip, etc. I think there is a balance between the two. Auto-clutch is where I personally draw that line, as that is where hardware restraints can get in the way. If I had an H-Shifter, I'd use it, but I don't. Does that mean I shouldn't be able to race, or my wins should mean less (not that I've had any)? No. But we're getting way off topic from the event, and at the end of the day it's just opinion; both of us are as correct as each other as there's no 'correct' answer (we can disagree, that's perfectly fine with me :). Thanks for the chat :D

I'm sure i missed the one or the other, but i found a few more people that might want to join us in my replays.

@Allan Ramsbottom
@Richard Torp Jensen
@Gary Lennon
@Richard Hill
@Andrew Bradbury
@Paulo Borges
@Andreas Ballin
@David Brock
@Martie Wernham

Come on lorry drivers, let's fill up the grid to see the trucks more often again.

Edit: @Andrew James i basically agree, except i do not believe 90% of the league participants do not have a shifter, let alone a clutch pedal. And if you can run top 10 in such a competitive environment you should be able to press a clutch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nox
well, something went pretty bad with my connection. i was waiting to get on the grid and then i saw "warmup 1:55"... then game synced again and everybody was ahead of nearly 1 lap. I then went into the track to have some laps, after 4-5 laps i realized that none of my lap where recorded. Bad luck :(

Well, this night was a bad one for me. I gotta have a more steady setup for this car to be pulling lap after lap a good time. :unsure:

Andrew: I think that You are going to have many issues with the track limits this week :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back