RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

great racing as always, just what was needed after a loooooooong drive home from hols. great scraps with michael, and even though numbers short by the third race good clean scraps. great to see some of the more experienced drivers going H-shift extra challenge brought the competition closer together. loved it!

ps... did i say i loved it?

• Wido Rossen

Whas absolute fun.
I know now that i made the wright decision to stay with Seat.
The Vectra is a great car but the Seat suits me better.

Tnx for a nice evening guy`s.
And whas great to speak to some of you on TS again.:amen:

Great racing tonight! Did some of my best racing on Istanbul tonight! Had an excellent race with James on there who was clearly faster but I managed to keep him behind me for a few laps, was sweating like a pig after that lol!
Racing on Macau was... well... racing on Macau... messy :D
Sorry for the 2 spinned guys I completely rammed into coming onto the straight before the finish... I could've sworn I could fit right through you two... I couldn't :D Cost me my splitter, but I don't think I ever finished a race on Macau with a splitter... :pound:

Thanks guys, was great fun tonight!

• Gary Paszek

Made it in time for the curitiba race, ran a 1.24.9xx, first race i made some huge mistakes was just getting used to racing with the bmw.
race 2 was alot of fun started 2nd and had 1st by the end of the first corner, managed to keep it for a few corners till a seat overtook me, then i was holding off ben tusting and another seat. i gave them plenty of room to get past me but i think ben didn't see me and we slammed doors,and i flew into the barriers but looked like he got away cleanly. hope it didn't effect your race, was tons of fun plan on using the bmw in more racing events

• John P. Morris

Deepest apologies

To the racer who I caused to "screw-up" his best qualifying lap ever at Curitiba last Tuesday during race 1 of the Sprit Races. I was not able to get your name off the screen, but you know who you are and I believe you know my name.

PLEASE ACCEPT MY DEEPEST APOLOGIES. I still do not know how and why it happened. Since I have been racing for only about 10-11 weeks, my eyes were "glued" on the road ahead.

This experience has taught me a valuable lesson. Your racing experience to mine is like the human race compared to the ameoba.

I cannot undo what has been done, but I can make sure that this will not happen again. I am suspending racing with you good people until I can learn more about how each part will make a car faster and why. Hopefully, then I will be much faster. I will not be a moving roadblock.

Again, please accept my deepest apologies.

end of message.

John, you should not feel that you have to stop racing because of one incident. The Racing Club is here for the very reason to help people learn about racing with others. It's only by continueing on-line racing that you improve, you can't learn it racing off-line.
Don't feel bad about incidents, we all have been involved in many many and as long as people act like gentlemen, apologise if needed, and move on, that is all you can do.
If you were abused over chat, then you should let us know by PM and we can handle it.

This was a fun night im not the quickest by far but run mid pack or back and had some good races and one lovely crash with a BMW in the middle of the track at Istanbul, Macau was as much fun as I expected it to be with cars broken all over the place LOL.

As for John's comments I have been playing Race 07 less time then you and as a slower driver there will always be times where you hold up faster cars these things happen I guess but I would certainly not say im not going to continue online till I get better as the only way to learn is to race online, yes mistakes will happen but I like to feel that the faster guys will understand this most of the time as they had to start somewhere aswell

Simple rule is if I make a mistake I will apologise and you find most guys acknowledge this with a no problem, remember we are not formula one drivers yes some guys are very competitive but I like to think we all do this for fun.

Sorry for the long post but after reading John’s comments I felt I needed to give him some words of encouragement being in the same newbie boat as him and John I hope to see you on track again very soon as AI is no comparison to the real thing and no where near as much fun :)

The Racing Club wants to try something new as part of our regular race nights

We will be trialling a new format to add to the fun but also to make our Staff Admin workload a little easier. Here is the format.

Radical Night

We will setup the server with three tracks (default tracks but three different types for variety). Cars will be Radical SR4 190. Start time will be 19.00 GMT (practice) and races will be short sprint races of 6 laps each.
Servers will be open to whoever wants to join and you can stay for as many races as you wish.
To help get an idea of numbers, we would appreciate you adding a reply here by simply saying "I'm in" or similar.
So, come along and enjoy some sprint racing fun.

Details

Date: Wednesday 9th July 2008
Event: Radical Night
Time: From 19.00 GMT
Practice time: 20 mins
Qualy Time: 10 mins
Race: 2 by 6 laps each (each event will follow closely after each other)
Server: RaceDept.com #CLUB
Weather: Variable
Start: Standing

Password: Usual Racing Club Password Here

Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Failures: Normal

Tracks:
1. Monza Jr
2. Valencia Reversed
3. Zandvoort Club

SimBin has asked us to test out the upcoming patch for RACE 07. Thursday we will upgrade the server and test the patch with some endurance racing with WTCC cars + pitstops.

Use this event to really stress the patch and see what bugs you might come up with.

WTCC Beta Endurance Night

Start time will be 19.00 GMT (practice) and there will be one long endurance race at Monza of 30 laps. During this race you must make two mandatory pitstops.
Servers will be open to whoever wants to join. To help get an idea of numbers, we would appreciate you adding a reply here by simply saying "I'm in" or similar.

Details

Date: Thursday 10th July 2008
Event: WTCC BETA Endurance
Time: From 19.00 GMT
Practice time: 15 mins
Qualy Time: 15 mins
Race: 1 race of 30 laps (with 2 mandatory stops)
Server: RaceDepartment.com BETA
Track: Monza 07
Weather: Dry
Start: Standing
Password: Usual Racing Club Password Here
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Failures: Normal

Beta Patch

Download: click here
Feedback thread: click here

Status
Not open for further replies.