RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

That event went swimmingly well! (see what I've done there? :D)

Qualifying - grabbed pole with a 1.13.93 on my second run - the first 13 I'd seen during testing or official. So I sat back and tried to give my wrists a rest for the race. I kept an eye on Ben though just in case he bettered my time. It was an anxious wait, but he only got within a couple of tenths (not for the want of trying!).

Race - the lights seem to go out very quickly and it caught me out, along with a few others. I was back down to 3rd by the first corner (strangely pole is situated on the outside of the track). Torb had a lightning start from 4th and was in the lead. In to the second corner, Ben in 2nd gave Torb a slight nudge into Turn 2, allowing me past on the exit. I stuck my Mini up the inside into Turn 3 and got past Torb into the lead. Torb and Ben had some shenanigans just behind, allowing me a 2 second lead after the first lap. Keiran had a little moment in the tight hairpins, spinning in front of me and quit out, but there was no need to mate, there was pleeeenty of room!

The pace was pretty relentless - I was pushing like mad, but Ben and Torb were keeping the gap between 3 and 4.5 seconds until around halfway through. Ben pitted a couple of laps early, but had a mishap as he posted lol. I pitted right on halfway and Torb followed suit. However, Torb had been running light and had to refuel whereas I didn't. This gave me a 24 second lead over him after my stop. I didn't lose first either and had a clear run in front of me whereas Torb returned in 7th place. From there on it was just a case of churning out 14s and seeing it through. I did have a little spin after bottoming out in the chicane but it only cost me a couple of seconds, and Stuart span in front of me in the same place as Kieran during the dying moments, giving me a scare but all was good to win by 34 seconds over Torb and at least a lap ahead of all others :D

Thanks to all the backmarkers who were very kind and courteous, some a little too courteous! Aside from Stuart, who gave me a friendly biff while going past him :p

Thanks to Andrew once again for a great event - and to RD for hosting! :)

You was entertaining me this week spinning lol :laugh2: Was well handled though lol

So here's my report :

I quali'd pretty good , was 6th on the grid. i did not had a great start but not to bad either , i saw Torbjorn who was i front of me , jump to front as a rocket , he had a great start. i mannaged to keep 6th. Then in second lap i went into the dirt in the first gear left hander , just as patrick , he also went to find out how a mini does in the gravel.

I dropped to P13, next lap i was P12 and paulo span in front of me what gave me P11. In persuit to P10 , yves.

i caught up and got into a few laps battle with yves, in the mean while we past 2 guuys so we where P9 and P10. Lee was just in front of yves and they where battling and i followed .

Then .... yves and i went into turn one , and i thought yves went wide a little , and i pushed my nose into the inside cause i had more speed , but then he came back to apex and i hit him , and he found the grass.

Yves , i owe you an apollagy .. there was not enough room and after viewing the replay i think you just followed your race line . my line was different and though i could pass but i was wrong there , sorry man.

We where P8 and P9 now, next up ... Lee. Lee made a mistake and went off hard, then Karl was in front of me, I fought him the rest of the race up to P3 , cause the top pitted but Karl and i never did.

Cause Karl and i never went to pit , we became kida slow , and a weird thing happend , we got into a group with P10 , 11 and 12 i think .
Thay got blue flags all the time , but they where faster , but not on every section so karl and i kept passing again. Was really weird and did not know what to do exacly ... some cases they guys where in the way but some cases they where clearly faster. This went on many laps , i had passed Karl and was 4th , but in second last lap i span cause of ver very worn tires , and karl passed , he did keep it on the road. So i finnished 5th . not to bad , although i think i had to make the stop. Good lesson for the next time.

This was the best race i had so far , i really enjoyed every minute .
And Yves i hope your not mad, but i saw you luckaly was back on track pretty fast and had no dammage or so , but my apolagy's after all.

Cya next one guy's !!!

That was insanely fun. :laugh2:
Qualified 18th, start was good, jumped to 12th, as some of the front runners, spun too much the front wheels. So, i was quite happy in the begining (and tbh all race :clap: ). But at second lap i was hit and drop back all those places i conquered, if the track was wet, the grass and the gravel was.....hell....:becky: .....but the race is long, so let´s go....
i had a monumental fight with Richard Hessels (you were a bit faster tho),
for the intire race, we were away from each other for a while, during the pit stops, but after 3 or 4 laps there we were again. :wave:
10 minutes to the final and guess what was my place? :doh: 9th :nod: .....
you know that place that nobody wants and my finish place at last both races we did. But then, someone (don´t remenber who) quit and i got
my very first point. :whoo: A wet one. :crazy:
Lee, i´m sorry, but in the heat of the race, i didn´t realise that you thought, i was the cause of the blue flag, you were in a slow mod
and i thought you were in trouble, That´s why i overtook you. :ohwell:

Well done to Ryan and his astonishing wet pace. :yo:
Congrats to all swimmers/finishers

Thanks Andrew, for your choices. I bet we will have a changeable event
one of this days. :dance:

Cheers

Thanks to all the backmarkers who were very kind and courteous, some a little too courteous! Aside from Stuart, who gave me a friendly biff while going past him :p

Was that at the right hander just before the uphill lefthand hairpin?

Yup, sorry there, as I said at the time.

With my pit timing and 3 wheeled quicksand location expedition, you encountered me more than most, I think.

Quali: Battered my PB which was previously a 1.16.7xx and got to 1.15.3 (i think) More than chuffed, put me about halfway.

Decent start - kept about my place then avoided the chicanery and started to move up the field. Had some splendid racing with Grant (pre slicks turmoil) Matt A, Laurence, Richard and Paulo. I got to the front of that lot, and then span at the chicane myself, and let them all back through :doh: Still had some great racing, stayed out a bit longer than Grant and Matt, got a bit held up in my in-lap in 7th or 8th and rejoined about 14th.

Made some places back by passing people on degrading tyres and via the medium of the pitstop, got back up to abut 10th or so, and closed in on the group of Carlos, Karl, Richard B & Matt A.

Karl & Richard were on some old tyres, and Matt & I had some great to-and-fro racing for (I think 9th & 10th) while trying not to impinge on Richard and Karls fight for I think 4th & 5th. Lee d either caught us, or we caught him and he Matt & I were fighting for position. Lee had a moment at the chicane which allowed us past, and I managed to get both ricahrd & Karl between Matt & I and pulled away with clear track ahead.

Unfortunately I had my first proper issue at the chicane with just 10 minutes to go while i was closing in on a points finish, and I span, but unfortunately I maged to spin right down the middle of the track, and I could see Patrick D approaching at a rate of knots. I tried to get out of his way, but he went the same way I was going to try and avoid him. Wallop! Sorry again Patrick. Unfortunately in the aftermath, the group i'd left flew through, and I realised I'd lost a wheel. Limping round to the pits, I got a little tap from someone (not their fault) and I ended up in the gravel.

With only one front wheel it took over a minute to get out of the gravel and after the tyre change I was 14th, and only about 5 minutes to go. Gah! That's when I encountered Ryan again where I clipped him while trying to let him past, sorry again.

Still I finished, but without the whole wheel off turmoil, I think I'd have been in with a shout for that points finish with Matt & Lee.

So, in essence, a defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.

But, what a brilliant night's racing.

Thanks again to Andrew for organising :good:

• Darren Gardner

SORRY ANDREW

First of all i would just like to say sorry to andrew for me leaving the room:disapointed:.
The reason i left is because the last couple of days i have had no feedback on my g25 i dont know why?, the second is because i didnt want to ruin anyones race as i think this will be unfair to fellow racers.

I have been in contact with logitech and they are sending me a new g25 which should be with me on tuesday, as i signed up for the race feedback was ok but when i got into the room all hell broke loose.

Sorry again andy:disapointed:

That was gr8 fun!!!! Qual was very close think there was only 0.9 of a sec from 7th /21st, me of course 21st:laugh2:

Got a good start & after a few people makin mistakes was up to 10th after a couple of laps. Had a good race with Stuart, Grant & a few others for the next 20 laps or so but made a couple of mistakes & ended up 14th.

Was going for the no pit stop option but tyres where shot with 20 mins left & had to come in & change them. Set my F/L on lap 58 lol!! & came home 11th.

Grats 2 Ryan and all those who managed 2 get 2 the finish:dance2:

Thanks Andrew for another gr8 event:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%