RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Little bit frustrating tonight, qulified with PB below 1:16, but did not race good. 'good' in terms of lots of spinning, especially in the chicane. I never gave up a race so far on what ever position I was. But when I spun 4 or 5 times in a row in the chicane, that was enough!

• Kieran Mcgeachy

Same Dietmar, Qualified 18th i think, stone dead last on 1st lap grrr lol Kept on goin for good few laps spinning and sliding left, right an centre i thought enough is enough and Ryan had cought up with me on 7th lap which was quick!!lol Watched the nxt 30 odd laps and as Andrew said some good battles were going on and were good to watch!.

Thanks to RD and Andrew for the track and Grats to the winner!!

At least it makes me feel a little better that i was not alone :)

No not alone! I am guilty of the same schoolboy error. Started last, filled to the brim with fuel, just stopping for tyres, worked up to 10th, mainly due to people leaving and pit stops but 10th nontheless!

Pitted in when my times dropped to 1:22 changed tyres and BAM! slicks are no fun, came back to pit for wets, was lapped about 4 times by now so decided not to mess the end up for anyone and pulled out.

Was great fun, Thanks Andrew for these awesome events.

Also, The force is very strong in Ryan, Master Yoda would be proud:clap:

Well done Ryan... Again.

Had a number of battles with various people... Andrew, sorry for the coming together but I didn't realise you was beside me.... Couldn't see you. :worship:

Finished 12th overall which I'm happy with as after the first lap I went from Q16 - P23.

Worked my way back up the field and for a change was never last! :dance2:

After my pit stop I came out behind Nigel. Obviously his tires were VERY worn as I was being held up.... lol

Thank you once again Andrew & RD for a great race :laugh2:

• Matt Alpeter

Wow did not expect to finish this one but I did!! Had a decent quali of 15th which is all I can hope for in a field like this.

PS: I made the slick mistake in warmup..even posted it in chat, but looks like people didn't notice it lol

I was so busy telling myself to take it easy that I missed the lights (sorry Dietmar!!) and had a terrible launch. Fell back to 24th after the first turn, but worked my way back up to 18th. Spent a few laps in a tight pack of me, Paulo, Richard, Laurance, and Stuart. Had a spin just before the chicane and had to catch back up to them. Spent a LONG time all over Grant's mirrors and had some great fun with him. Pitted on lap 32 and came out 14th behind Lee...and let me tell you Lee would NOT let me pass lol. As soon as I'd get a run on him, he'd close the door. Then we got into a bit of weirdness and I'm not quite sure what the right thing to have done was. Lee and I were going at it, but there were two cars a lap ahead of us (they were around 4th or so) in the group. Everytime I'd pass one of them I'd get a blue flag warning, but most of the time we were faster and since we were all battling for position, I didn't see any reason to not pass them. After a spin in the chicane, I was back behind Richard and Stuart, who also caught up to Lee and the guys a lap ahead. After some great racing, Stuart got by one of the guys and took off and left me in the dust with Lee catching up quickly. He caught up and we had some great racing and nearly passed me a few times, but I held him off to a 9th place finish.

Thank you once again RD!! Great racing!

Well done to those that finished, like a few others I forgot to change the preset pit to wets, wondered what the hell was going on at first, hit a wall, broke suspension, pitted again then quit. Ah well all a learning curve I suppose.

Well done ryan and podium finishers, and thanks to Andrew ( I think;-) )

That was about as hard a race as I have had ... in a good long while if not ever ...

First up ... apologies to some people ... not sure exactly who but please read below and hopefully you will understand if or why I came past under a blue flag from the guys in front. :disapointed:

I was up near the front early, but had an off and broke things, so pitted VERY early and fixed 'em, added my fuel threw on new tyres as my first set seemed to be handling rubbish.

I leapt back on track just behind Karl and one of the Lemon boys (David I think it was?). Problem was they had just lapped me but after the pit my tires were feeling much better than the first set (is that possible?) and I was running quicker than those guys, but I did not have enough to get past and make a break for it.
So I got stuck there. As we caught people I was probably behind on track, they were moving aside, and often slowing and losing lots of time ... and leaving the door wide open for me too.
Big old conundrum ... should I keep going at same pace and follow the guys in front through or ermmm yeah ... what is the options or ruling here - I really do not know??

My pace was still faster than the people we were catching, and still I felt held up by the guys in front of me, but couldn't get through cleanly without messing up their race - so I stayed out of their battle as much as possible and remained patient.

My hope was that after other guys had pitted, I would be up near em again and ready to challenge the higher rankings once more ... there was still a long time to go in the race too ... so nothing was decided, as people were crashing or dropping out here and there.

Richard who was nearly one lap up but actually behind me, was catching us fast, I let him though under blue flag, but he then got caught up in a battle with Karl and X Lemon ... again, I tried to stay out of it whist waiting for a chance to get through myself and go off on my own in pursuit of my closest rivals in front.

Unfortunately Richard got squirrely right in front of me in one of the slow hairpins, I couldn't stop and tapped him ... but you know how fragile these minis are, so I got suspension damage ... my handling changed and was all snatchy through all the fast rights from there on in, but I decided to keep going and see what I could do with it ... I re-learnt how to drive it, so pushed on.

From there on in things went even more chaotic, blue flags for people coming though, I was still up with Karl and co, we then had Matt and Stuart in the mix (who I actually was racing) plus Patrick who was one lap up on us ... problem was we were all doing similar times and tripping each other up ... there were blue flags all over the place ... I think I let Paulo through unwittingly thinking the blue flag was for him when it wasn't ... oooohh my head was beginning to hurt, and my back and shoulders were killing me.

I finally spun at the slow left hander half way round the circuit (was expecting way more than one spin there tonight TBH) ... so temporarily lost the guys in front with about 20 mins to go.

Got back on track and headed after the boys in front again ... and finally caught up with them ... then something (an off from someone) dispersed the pack just as I got close, so Matt and I took our chances and dove through the guys who were 1 lap up ... I chased the bugger, but would he make a big enough mistake to let me though ... nah ... he drove a blinding last 7 minutes or so and held me to the flag.

Congrats to anyone who finished and of course the boys on the podium ... that was a mental one for me ... and again, apologies if you think I came past unfairly under someone else's blue flag - half the time I basically had no clue who was in front or behind or lapping me and I really have no clue what should be done in such a situation :confused2:

Thanks again Andrew, you are a twisted and evil sadist, but i guess we must be as daft as you cos we sign up for em!! :wink2:

on a side whinge note.... tonight we had 3 people not turn up... not even bother to post or pm or anything... now i understand that sometimes it's not possible to do so... but it happens a lot and it means that on nights like this, where the room is always packed, people who want to race are denied until the last minute... hardly fair is it?

so i'm taking names... and repeat offenders will be crushed in some kind of intricate compactor... it's just common courtesy after all...

Personally I vote for removal if that happens more then once. It is a totall lack of respect to those who make racing possible here at RD and your fellow racers that are looking forward racing a full 30 slot race, not even bother to sign out properly, and later come up with all kind of excuses.

So +1 for taking names :thumb:

Hope the rest that did show up had a great (wet) evening:go-away:

What a cracker!!!
Qualied somewhere around 11th.
Than in lap one the car before me is braking much sooner as expected.
I hit him slightly, and i go backward.
Engine off... Damn those errors make things even more complicated.
Suddenly im 22nd or so.
Than the race really started.
I could catch up about a car every lap.
Eventually i fought my way back to 7th position overall.
Unlapping quite a lot off cars after my pitstop.
Expanding me lead slightly to 4 sec. on the car behind.
Whas a really exiting event tonight.
I have seen some epic fair racing.
Bumper to bumper, never getting mean.
Thanks to everybody here for the big fun.

I also can only try one car, decided for the BMW, found the nicest (and fastes?) default skin :)!

What are your lap times so far? Saw on the hotlap database times around 2:00... these guys would most probably lap me (if I remember correctly after a few lap I was at 2:07, but am a GT class beginner)

With 50L in the tank, I can do mid-2:04s/low 2:05s with confidence in the Marcos. The Sunred is most probably the fastest car on the default setups.

• Ian Landry

I'll give it a try if I can make it home on time Sunday night (as it doesn't seem like it will be a full grid, I think you can sign me up).

Newbie questions:
- Is it me or you can't change the gear ratio in the Audi?
- What is a good lap time with the Audi on this track?
- Is it possible to race the AI on add-on tracks, or they will suck because it hasn't been tweaked?

Thanks, and hopefully I'll see you Sunday!

Ian

That event went swimmingly well! (see what I've done there? :D)

Qualifying - grabbed pole with a 1.13.93 on my second run - the first 13 I'd seen during testing or official. So I sat back and tried to give my wrists a rest for the race. I kept an eye on Ben though just in case he bettered my time. It was an anxious wait, but he only got within a couple of tenths (not for the want of trying!).

Race - the lights seem to go out very quickly and it caught me out, along with a few others. I was back down to 3rd by the first corner (strangely pole is situated on the outside of the track). Torb had a lightning start from 4th and was in the lead. In to the second corner, Ben in 2nd gave Torb a slight nudge into Turn 2, allowing me past on the exit. I stuck my Mini up the inside into Turn 3 and got past Torb into the lead. Torb and Ben had some shenanigans just behind, allowing me a 2 second lead after the first lap. Keiran had a little moment in the tight hairpins, spinning in front of me and quit out, but there was no need to mate, there was pleeeenty of room!

The pace was pretty relentless - I was pushing like mad, but Ben and Torb were keeping the gap between 3 and 4.5 seconds until around halfway through. Ben pitted a couple of laps early, but had a mishap as he posted lol. I pitted right on halfway and Torb followed suit. However, Torb had been running light and had to refuel whereas I didn't. This gave me a 24 second lead over him after my stop. I didn't lose first either and had a clear run in front of me whereas Torb returned in 7th place. From there on it was just a case of churning out 14s and seeing it through. I did have a little spin after bottoming out in the chicane but it only cost me a couple of seconds, and Stuart span in front of me in the same place as Kieran during the dying moments, giving me a scare but all was good to win by 34 seconds over Torb and at least a lap ahead of all others :D

Thanks to all the backmarkers who were very kind and courteous, some a little too courteous! Aside from Stuart, who gave me a friendly biff while going past him :p

Thanks to Andrew once again for a great event - and to RD for hosting! :)

I just downloaded the track, and it seemed ok to me, no crashes.

I also noticed that I couldn't adjust the gears in the Audi R8 Production Car. I was wondering if it was me, but obviously not. Pity, the gears seem totally wrong for this track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 262 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 171 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 169 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 126 7.5%