RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Done. 3 laps.

1 crash in lap 1 with a Porsche stopped in the middle of the road behind the chicane.

1 fix stop that ended up into a stop and go penalty because the stupid speed limiter did not work.

1 stop and go penalty that brought me another stop and go because i was to eager to get back on track.

1 final crash in the last turn after I tried to pass my brother on the inside and went too fast afterwards to keep it in the inside... tire wall ended my race.

Do I need to say anything else?:frusty:

Hope you guys have more fun than me... :disapointed:

Thanks Eric and RD for organizing the race.

• Andrew Dawes

Sorry to hear tha Ollie.

Well i only decided to try to get organised for this race at 8:07pm. While deciding during practice is not exactly good prep, i have not setup my G25 for my new computer. I also had not setup Race07 nor did i have this track. Luckily i had re-downloaded Race 07/Evo earlier in the week.

Race 1 was fun. I had good tussles with Dietmar and Keith for some laps. After a few dodgy opening laps trying to work out race lines and brake points i got pretty consistent. I'd say i looked after the tyres well. I finished 6th.

Looking at the replay of the shunt with Dietmar, i didn't actually run wide, i just hadn't worked out at that point that i could take that bend flat so braked into corner which i guess you would not have been expecting. And if you were going around that corner flat there's not a lot you would have been able to do.

Race 2 was a lot worse. I headbutted the wall leading into the fences, went around the bends and then lost control and threw it into a hedge on lap 5. I then tried to put as much pressure on Damien as i could but i was pushing pretty hard and eventually i had to spin. The rest of the race was spent staying well out of the way of the passing leaders....and enjoying the drifting capabilities of the car. I'm amazed how fast you can actually drive these cars. Don't want to see the panel beater bill.

Attachments

• bmw in a hedge.jpg
    bmw in a hedge.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 183
Disaster...
Real sorry abuot the chaos at the start, although my wheel was in the upright position, my front wheels weren't; so when i applied throttle the car just went left and spun 180 degrees...
Sorry if i ruined anybody's race.

See you next time

• Matt Crouch

sounds odd as I downloaded the same files and it was the default brands. Did you try running B'ham in practice? If it doesn't run it could be a corrupt download or not extracted right I guess.

It is so dissappointing that so many people leave after a minor set back like a crash. We had a nice full room at the start (that went wrong for me, because i didnt see anybody, so had to park the car to make sure not to mess up) and currently only 9 are left. Where did everybody go and why?
Is winning more important then having some good fights on the track? Why not make as many pitstops as needed and just drive for fun?

It is so dissappointing that so many people leave after a minor set back like a crash. We had a nice full room at the start (that went wrong for me, because i didnt see anybody, so had to park the car to make sure not to mess up) and currently only 9 are left. Where did everybody go and why?
Is winning more important then having some good fights on the track? Why not make as many pitstops as needed and just drive for fun?

Well, after getting rear ended, having a flat tired and missing the front of my car I got around the the track to get it fixed. Unfortunately the front did not get repaired and the car was horrible to control. That with the added frustration (the fact I got hit from behind and no one waited for me) made me want to scream instead of drive... :( :(

Otherwise I agree with you Bram. I wish people hang out a little longer after a minor crash.

Can't believe that start. Is there an issue with Dijon online? or was it the Ghost issue again?

At the start waiting for the lights to turn out, high on the revs, waiting to pop it in gear...Lights go out, on the gas HARD, in First, Eric's not moving, oh !!!!!!, Me into Erics rear bumper on the brakes, no time to stop (Sry Eric) and Pascal into my rear bumper, there was literally no where to go...so, we get going again having a nice battle with Pascal behind me and Eric somewhere up in front. I eventually catch up to Eric on the last turn before the straight, hard on the gas again, trying to get enough speed to pass him in the draft zone, get enough speed, pop out to pass and we are drag racing down the front straight, hell of a battle for position here, Pascal is hard on our tails using our draft to his full advantage, then I see Marcel coming out of the pits and into traffic, Dodge left to miss him, Eric is already hard on his brakes, I'm on mine and Pascal is too! Next thing I know I am in Eric's rear bumper (again, again, Sry Eric I had no where to turn or go, car just kept going straight), Pascal's into my rear bumper too! ARRGH! we limp away, I am unsure what to do so after a few more turns I pull to the side to let Pascal and Eric catch up, Pascal passes and then the leaders and Eric. Eric's car is damaged bad, no front splitter, off the track, I re-pass him and continue on with my original 2 stop strategy, although after that roughness at the beginning, should've been a 1 stop. Drove relatively well through the most of it, letting the leaders by and all. After my second stop, I was too hard on the gas on the 180 degree turn and into the wall. And I quote, "Damage Not Repairable...Race Over". Bummer, would've tried to make that one all the way. Good race guys and Congrats to the Podium Winners!!!

Hard and long race! Started 5th, had a good start but didn't have room to overtake, so just glued to the back of Mitchell's car. After the 1st lap I was behind Chris, Gary, and Mitchell, and that was the case until Mitch gone into pits. Then I saw him going there again and I lapped him. Then a few laps later I saw Chris's engine blew! So only Gary left in front of me! But he was very fast, and I wasn't able to catch him, he pulled out 15s in the first half, then I made back 5 in the second.
I saw Rafael coming behind me for many laps, but unfortunately when he arrived he disappeared suddenly from my mirrors, so I was all alone all the race!

Well, the track is nice, and the car was nice too.
Grats to Gary! Thx to Eric and RD!

See you next time!

I don't remember most of the race as I'm too excited about finishing a long race. The start was interesting. I had a great start but whoever was in front of me wasnt moving, so I slid into him, then tried to pull into the middle and went through a cloud of smoke and into the front of Marcel. O.O that was an interesting thing to run into. The front of a M3 :D

Either way, it was fun and I finished! YAY! Grats to podium finishers and everyone who had fun :D

p.s. I feel really bad for Bob. His first race and BAM wreck at the start puts him out of the race

A bit frustrating for me today. I ran a very good quali lap, almost a PB, only to have Mitch edge me for the pole at the last second.

In the race, I got a slow start (normal for me), and Gary shot ahead of both Mitch and I. I managed to glue myself to Gary's rear end, and hold onto 2nd. Later I managed a pass when Gary went a bit wide, and took first. I opened a couple seconds lead up, and then along came Mitch. He hounded me for 10-15 laps or so, filling my mirrors thw whole time. Then, suddenly, he was gone, and I had a comfortable lead over Gary. I settled in for some steady laps, trying to save the tires to lap 26 so I could do 1 stop.

My tires really started to go off in lap 23, so I started to lose ground to Gary, but I held on to lap 26, where I signaled for a pit stop, and right after that, with no warning, no high temps of either water or oil, nothing at all, the engine just blew up in a huge cloud of smoke, and I was done. Only a half a lap from my stop, after a really solid drive.:pissed-off::disapointed:

I stuck around to see how things played out. Gary drove a masterful race, and won handily. Congrats Gary! Nice to race with you again! :thumb: On the good side, I was very pleased to lap so consistenly, and I was pleased to both hold off Mitch, and to not lose my cool and make a big mistake.:thumb: In many ways this was one of the best races that I have run. I do think that the Ferrari is faster than the other cars. Next time we should just use the regular GT Sport cars I guess. I had a great long sweaty fight first with Gary, and then with Mitch, and I did not go out due to a driving error, so that should constitute a good day. I was just disappointed not to be able to finish. Ah well, maybe next time.

Thanks Eric for setting this up, and thanks RD for hosting it. I really enjoyed the big turnout, but I agree with Bram that it would be nice for folks to stick around. I did even though I could run no more laps.

Take care all, and see you on the track soon!

Chris:beer:

Ok guys, we have found the cause of the joining during Qualy problem. Unfortunately, we made an error setting up the server that prevented anyone joining during Qualy. Honest mistake.

Sincere apologies to those who couldn't join, maybe we will run another WTCC 87 event very soon to make up for it. :)

• Matt Alpeter

Qually: Was .02 off my PB, but that only landed me in 11th

Race: I was way late off the lights because I was trying to type to Bram, luckily there was an empty slot behind me so no one hit me. I was also lucky enough to start right behind Marcel, who took an immediate left into the wall. I was barely able to slide by on the right and was off in 8th behind Rafael. In the long sweeping left-hander, I got too close and nudged his bumper (sorry Rafael!), but it didn't do much except put him in a slight slide so we were off with little time lost. Coming up to the chicane I saw Joao get hit by Leandro, but after that it was all white smoke (i have the smoke mod, so I couldn't see a darn thing). Rafael took the outside and I guessed at where Joao's car was and took the inside. My guess was right and I made it by untouched. Still on the first lap, we were flying down the front stretch and somehow Leandro lost control of his car and once again I couldn't see anything. Rafael went far left against the wall and I followed and we made it by clean. That started the boring part of the race. Rafael was too fast for me and I spent many laps in 6th all by myself. Passed Mitch who was in the pit and was in 5th. Went in to pit at the end of lap 24 and came out 6th right behind Gary running in 2nd. I was a touch faster so I went for a pass, but in 2 corners I got 3 blue flags and my crew manager informed me that it was my final warning, so I let him on through. After that I was quite a bit slower so it was good he got by. We flew by Chris who apparently over-revved his engine and blew it so we bumped up one spot. Then it was Joao time. With me in 3rd and Joao in 4th, he began to push incredibly hard. He was running very well, but I didn't want to give up a podium spot so I fought back all I could. We battled for about 7 laps before he spun in the middle of lap 38. From then on it was smooth sailing and I landed a proud 3rd.

Thanks to RD again and to Eric for setting it up!

aagh what a mess! I was practicing and qualifying with the wrong setup LOL. Then I popped my setup in for the last ten mins and I was under pressure. I managed to take poll on the last lap, but under review I cut both wheels on three corners so pole needs to go to Chris.

I wanted to follow Chris during the race so that I wouldn't cave under pressure. Chris you are unflappable! I was trying to pressure you and you were like a rock. I tried to do a pit notification on lap17 and wrecked LOL. Then on my way out I blocked Bram and decided to wait for him. Sorry Bram! Changing only front tires isn't good LOL as the car was undeiveable. I wrecked out big time and was very disappointed :/. Nice battle Chris! Someone was behind me and noticed my cutting of the track. Sorry, it wasn't intentional. I'll blame it on Erics faster pc LOL. I don't think it was wise to switch to his pc at the last min.

Good job Matt and Sean :good:

Sorry Chris you were smoking today. You also deserved the pole.

Finally, I dont think I will run the Ferrari mod again. It seems there were a very high number of technical issues on the track. Not sure the root cause, but the Ferrari mod might be one. I would recommend everyone to uninstall it before our future races.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back