RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Downloaded the map 15 minutes before quali, so just had the time to set up gears, and ARBs, and felt pretty comfortable chucking the car around. I was really slow in the race, but I'm used to that anyway. As the race progressed, I tried to brake later and later into the chicanes, and got my fastest lap of 1:44:0 in the last lap of the race.

Was a pretty lonely race for me, had a guy behind, who left the game after a few laps. Had a guy in front, who was a bit faster than me, but he went wide in the third chicane, so I went pass him. Later I went wide, so he passed me :D. A lap or two later, he went straight through the 3rd chicane, and retired at the end of that lap. After that, it was a solo race.

In the pitstop, added a lot more fuel than I needed, math fail... Also got a stop and go penalty. I switched on the pit limiter for sure, but it didn't work...
Eventually came out over a minute behind everyone. Thomas had a lot of issues, as he said before, so I was catching up really fast, got it down to under 10 seconds in just a couple of laps, and he retired a few laps later.

Results were removed for those of us that DQ'd in race 1.

WD to Peter for the wins!

Race 1: Had an average start. Kept within a couple of seconds of William, though he was slowly stretching it out when I spun out of turn 12 on Lap 4. After that, it was watching my mirrors for Larry, who kept creeping up behind me. Finally got into a rhythm when my crew chief says 'pit in this lap' on lap 10. Thinking this was some kind of bug or weird thing going on (along with the 'Pit Window', which had shown seven digits during warmup), I ignored him, much to my dismay when I was summarily dispatched to the garage the next time by the Start Finish line. As Larry Mac would say "always listen to your crew chief".

Race 2: Another OK start. I can't hang the cold tires through the chicane on lap 1, go off a little, allowing Larry to get a run on me down the backstretch. He catches a tow, then outbrakes me and gets position for an excellent pass going though 12. I'm right on his tail, hoping to set up for a pass through 8, when I hit the throttle a little early out of 6 and spin it. I then start chasing down Larry and William again, only to see Larry off in the weeds out of 7 on lap 3. I maintain about 10s or so behind William, and decide to pit at halfway to maximize my tires and gain some separation. Little did I know that William had the same plan. My stop was a tad quicker, allowing me to gain quite a bit of time and putting me about half a straight behind. On lap 7, William offs it out of 6 and I fly by, only to miss my mark on 7 and have the spot retaken. On lap 10, William misses turn 3, and I again have the position. As Larry pits on L10, I'm now in position for a podium, except that William is pasted to my bumper. As with Lap 7, I again go wide in turn 7 and William is back in P3. This time it's my turn to chase him down, which I do until I'm right on his bumper going throuh 5 on the last lap, but in trying to out-accellerate him out of the turn and set him up for a spectacular pass in the Chicane, I spin the tires, the car, hang my head, and have to settle for P4...

Very fun race. Well done to Larry in one of his first online races and as always loads of fun racing with William. It appears you (William) are improving faster than I am, so I think some serious practice this weekend is in order. :cool:

Thanks again to RD, Eric N, Christopher A, Eric K and Grats to the Podium.

Well.... Sorry guys. Got home late from work, grumpy. Logged in, car feels like crap, I'm all over the place. When session changed, I went into some alternative world, where I get to warmup by myself. I can click on names, shows their paddock spot, with no car in it. Then my connection goes all fubar, took me forever to be able to even post this. Hope the races went well for you all, maybe next time things will be better for me :)

Another small but good grid tonight.

Quali was good for 2nd just made 128's but .75 behind Ryan at 128.1 I think

Race 1
Made a nice start into 1st for a couple laps. Ryan passed me then set some fast laps on point until he lost his tail in the down hill chicane. Lapped out front with a comfortable lead till the end.

Race 2
Made a good start from 8th to 3rd. Dan was in the lead with Ryan close. Ryan got by Dan in the Bmw. I followed Dan Close for a couple laps Then misjudged my momentum touch him enough to unsettle his car. Waited then started back from 8th. Got up to 2nd by the end but had nothing for Ryan when I caught up to him after he left the track with several laps left. Tried to pressure him but really his pace was a little better all night. Came in 2nd in the end. Well done Ryan. Had fun on this track was a little tired at the end though. See ya all next time

This was a fun race. I just wanted to log some race experience in the BMW, so I downloaded the track only a few hours before the race and did some laps.

Qualifying
Well, the blood was pumping as I took to the circuit for quali, and I was quite nervious as the guys were putting down some monster times in practice. Somehow I got 5th, but on my final lap I was going to take 4th but binned it while in the final sector.

Race 1
At the start people were driving pretty aggressive, so I had to let them push me around the track a little cause I know I can't take too much contact while in the BMW. Shuffled down to 6th place where I stayed most of the race. Got to 5th when someone ran off, but then I later gave it back as the BMW got around on me.

Race 2
It finally donned on my that I had an advantage over the whole field on the starts since I was in the RWD. So I timed the start nice and blasted off to 1st. It was really cool to lead the first lap, and I kept thinking 'don't look back'. Well, I ran a pretty nice opening lap, felt good and all, then checked behind me only to see two Hondas charging hard. I couldn't believe how fast Ryan caught me. And then he skillfully went around me so smooth, I barebly had time to blink. At the end of the 3rd lap, I got slightly nudged by the second Honda (Marty) as I made a mess of the last corner, and that sent me off where I would rejoin in 6th.

On a side note, Marty, I really can't blame you for that tap. I still don't have the track down and I had no clue how to take those final sections of corners, so I would run really slow through them so to not mess up. And I know you were pushing hard to keep Ryan and his rocket car in sight. In all honesty, I should have just let you through, and I was actually debating whether or not to do that once we got on the front straight. Either way, really, really, nice job to catch Ryan back up at the end.

Anyhow, my race ended on lap 13 when I binned it going through the high speed esses after the cork-screw. It's an easy corner to take, but I lost focus after falling so far back.

All in all, a really good experience. I'll take alll the data back to the garage on how the car handled as the race progressed. Hopefully it will add up to a good result at Spa this weekend!!!!!

Small grid but always an enjoyable track.

Managed to get up to speed in Quali with a 28.1 a good distance ahead of the rest.

Race 1: Marty gets a slightly better start, but I got past on lap two and set about trying to ake a gap. Which I did, but I lost it into the mini-corkscrew. Fell back to 4th behind Glenn. Got back past Glenn but made a slight mistake sloowing him alongside and we had contact at the first corner, resulting in heavy damage for me. Persevered for a few laps, but had to pit - dropped behind Marty, a lap down, could do nothing but follow him and hope for retirements. Then while foloowing him, I took my off of the track and clipped the grass on the exit of the fast little kink S - cue collision with tire wall and fire :D.

Race 2: Started from the front row - Danny BMw got past and Willie's Peugeot briefly also, but ducked under him at T2. Was a bit shaky early on but soon caught up to Danny and passed him beatifully on Lap 3. Made a small gap back, before Marty had to wait for Dan - then I had a big lead, and frankly I was bored :D. So bored that I decided to idiotically spin twice, the final one of which put Marty right back on me. But I had enough pace to hold him at bay comfortably.

Very fast pace tonight but little consistency - the problem is that, while my normal 'on-rails' FWD driving is OK, I am so used to RWD from playing rFactor that the instinct to correct slides is not there for FWD. I lift off instead of flooring it, which just makes the problem worse :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%