Racing with one hand

I felt this fit the best in Off-topic, so forgive me if it's in the wrong section... :)

Many of you already know that I only use my left hand when racing. Due to nerve damage at birth, I lost the full use of my right hand, and so have become a dedicated lefty. It has had its difficulties, like shooting with a camera and eating with both a knife and fork, but I can drive and race cleanly. And since I recieved my G25, I've found that I'm pretty nifty with an H-shifter, to my shock and surprise.

I've been meaning to do this for a while now, but I thought it'd be handy if I made a video showing just how I sim-race with one hand... so here it is. The GP79 mod for rFactor, around Kyalami in 1:10.29. I beat Jean-Pierre Jabouille's 1979 pole time with an H-shifter and one usable hand, and I could have gone faster. :D
You can't see the screen all that well, and the audio sucks, but I hope you enjoy it all the same...

Nice one Rhys! i had a quick go myself today, it didnt go to well :( but that's good to watch because at some points you dont have any hands on the wheel going into a corner! Nice and Skilled stuff Rhys, well done!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back