Racing with AI

Hi everyone,

Can you please suggest proper cars for AI racing? I feel that the most of the cars and mods dont fight with each other on track and go like train (same car grid). Even the quality mods like Cupra Leon or RSS Formula mods' AI dont feel the rush.

Also another question - Does "opponents aggression level" affect their behaviour when they try to overtake each other?

Cheers everyone.

Last edited:
I am not a expert but have over 1500h experience in racing against AI. Things i know are:

- take mixed cars (series) with cars at the same level but different characteristics.
There are several carpacks out there paid and free, where you have not one type of car.
Some are well BOPed (same level) some not. You are also able to adjust them with the ballast/restrictor function.

- The aggresion-setting is very important in terms of behavior. If you want AI fighting my first advice is never go under 70%. Be aware of 2 important things:

1. Slower cars like Touring, GT4, Classics... will fight great with each other while aggression is cranked up at lets say 85% and higher (just try up to 95%)
Sometimes its just mod depending how they react.

But faster cars like at least GT3 or prototypes, open wheelers will probably crash too much so try them at 75-80%
Several Formula cars especially classics fe. F1 67`F1 75`don`t like even above 75%

With all that knowledge you must be aware of the second thing: This are the track-characteristics.
Especially using faster cars on wider/faster tracks you can add aggression, while at tighter/slower tracks reduce it.

I have fun with AI racing, sometimes more, sometimes less. The AC AI will always be "some sort of a train" and will not match the R3E AI for example.
But i think with the right combo of cars and settings you can have a decent result.
If you want an special car advice i can look later...

I've been enjoying the (pay mod) DRM Revival from the late 1970's.
Fantastic set of cars that are seemingly well balanced, depending on your selections.
Using Content Manager, I've set the AI Strength at 94 +/- 2.5% with Aggression at 71 +/- 6%.
I just start at the back and work my way through the field. Usually within 2-4 laps, I'm with cars of similar pace. I see passing, side-by-side racing, random results, driver errors, and the AI spreads out reasonably during the race. The AI pass and re-pass me if I make mistakes. I think they're fair, and don't make stupid mistakes that affect my race ... in other words, it's usually my fault!
I would add that a lot depends on the track's AI. Always check for AI updates (you can tell pretty quickly if there are issues). If the AI are bad at a particular track, I just note it and move on. There are many AI updates posted here at RaceDepartment.

Edit: At the start, give the AI a chance to shuffle themselves out. Many of the starting grids are spaced too tightly or the grid slots are side-by-side instead of staggered. This appears to give the AI trouble. I treat the first few corners as a rolling start instead of just charging around the pack.

Last edited:
I am not a expert but have over 1500h experience in racing against AI. Things i know are:

- take mixed cars (series) with cars at the same level but different characteristics.
There are several carpacks out there paid and free, where you have not one type of car.
Some are well BOPed (same level) some not. You are also able to adjust them with the ballast/restrictor function.

- The aggresion-setting is very important in terms of behavior. If you want AI fighting my first advice is never go under 70%. Be aware of 2 important things:

1. Slower cars like Touring, GT4, Classics... will fight great with each other while aggression is cranked up at lets say 85% and higher (just try up to 95%)
Sometimes its just mod depending how they react.

But faster cars like at least GT3 or prototypes, open wheelers will probably crash too much so try them at 75-80%
Several Formula cars especially classics fe. F1 67`F1 75`don`t like even above 75%

With all that knowledge you must be aware of the second thing: This are the track-characteristics.
Especially using faster cars on wider/faster tracks you can add aggression, while at tighter/slower tracks reduce it.

I have fun with AI racing, sometimes more, sometimes less. The AC AI will always be "some sort of a train" and will not match the R3E AI for example.
But i think with the right combo of cars and settings you can have a decent result.
If you want an special car advice i can look later...
Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated. İ ll give it a go with the agression level. Probably it will solve my boredom issues.

Can you just drag the AI updates into content manager or do they need installing differently
I don`t use Content Manager. Normaly u just drop them here:

AI.jpg

Make sure you DELETE all other files in the AI folder (payload, full grid.ai etc.)
These files are useless and can make the AI crazy, especially at race start.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 405 40.1%